Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2004 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
mod6

Re: Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2005 Richmond

Post by mod6 »

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 am by xxlynne

Well what "cairn" I tell you about my Glenn in the 6 and a half years we have had him. He is happily living with 4 other terriers. He is far too nervous to go for walks; he lives on his wits and it is so sad to see him outside threatened by everything people and dogs. He leads a very fulfilled life in the house and garden. His day begins with Lorenzo calling him down to the garden, he then comes back onto the bed to place his paws on my chest with one intent to drink from my mug of coffee, most mornings he shares half my morning mug coffee with Minxie our Patterdale. He has a thing about Lorenzo going down the stairs and fires up in a very threatening way IF I'm in the bedroom or study. Apparently when I'm out the house he is not at all concerned. if Lorenzo ever raises his voice Glenn will lunge and bite him badly on the calf. So Lorenzo and I am always aware of Glenn.

After my shower in the morning Glenn follows me around licking the water from my legs. As I dress he is on the bed with Max and Minxie playing, chirping away in delight. He does the same when Lorenzo has a seista of an afternoon and goes to bed at night. Glenn is scarred of both our Staffies and makes a tremendous racket when Monty goes up to his rest room at night and comes down of a morning. Recently he accidently went into the garden and Monty was still there..Glenn flew back into the house 110 miles an hour.

Glenn has a few other issues. He loves his food and when you bring it up the stairs he does little leaps of glee, and a dances with his paws up in the air and he hops on two legs walking backwards and leaping up in delight, which is so quaint. Glenn will eat most things including banana and orange!

Glenn has never lost his innate inner conflicts. He is a one person's dog I know he would never bite me but despite the fact he loves and plays with Lorenzo he will and does bite probably seriously 2x a year and challenges him constantly. He used to tolerate certain people in the home, building trust via the muzzle. He once bite a dog walker who used to walk our Rescue dogs, got out of the lounge and latched on to his ankle and wouldn't let go. That was a bad day! However once having been totally happy in the presence of a friend doing work in the house over a 5 week he suddenly launched and bit him through thick denims and I have never trusted him since and he is kept away from the seldom visitors we have.

Glenn is a very happy chap. He loves deeply and 5 years of building his confidence up has helped but he is easily striped bare again if in anyway over-challenged he has a fragile core. He is the pack leader in the pack just because he has at some point has grabbed each of the dogs in scrapes over the years. It is a very funny thing that 3 of our dogs came within 4 -5 months of each other Toby in Oct. Minxie in March and Glenn in April. all unhomeable but all adorable.

Glenn named because he was found tied up in Sherwood Forest..'Robin Hood; Robin Hood riding through the Glen! Sweet dear terrier with the most tender of hearts.
xxlynne

Re: Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2004 -2018

Post by xxlynne »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Glenn lost his last companion 1 month ago and he was already under investigation for 2 large holes in the back of his tongue. Today I took him back to see how they were doing and one had turned black and spread and had an under lying tumour. He was having trouble eating and I knew it was enough. He didn't deserve to be a lonely soul in pain.

.....So I remember to good times and how he was once one of my Rescue pack introducing dogs into rescue and the later years playing with his mates Minxie and Max

This is Glenn in glee which was repetitive throughout the day in his pack. He would also dance when food was produced.

A very sad day be at Peace dear friend

Glen9.jpg

Lorenzo10.jpg

Glen3.jpg

RescueRemedies1.jpg

Pack4.jpg

Pack26.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Glenn Cairn x JRT? DOB ?2004 2018

Post by Sarahk »

Soooo sorry Lynne, lovely tribute to your dear boy, be happy with your friends Glenn xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Julieh

Post by Julieh »

So so sorry for the loss of your lovely Glenn.
Run free little man with all your friends at the bridge xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

angel13.gif] [cry.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Lovely pictures, beautiful boy, run free lad. So sorry you've lost so many family members in such a short time Lynne xxxx
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

RIP Glenn knowing you were so loved. x
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Dani

Post by Dani »

Rest in peace Glenn xxx
Thoughts are with you Lynne xxx
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Sorry to hear of your loss Lynne. I know how special your terriers are to you and you did the right thing giving him peace.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”