Bertie (Jonesy) Staffie DOB 2007 - 2017

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Bertie (Jonesy) Staffie DOB 2007 - 2017

Post by Rescue Remedies »

xxlynne Aug 23, 2010 10:20 am

We rescued Bertie (Jonesy) from RR. We adored him. He passed away unexpectedly this Christmas at the emergency vets from heart problems. Emma & David Michael & Christopher
BertieJoney.jpg
Bertie's thread below
Homing Requirements: Bertie has a nice even temperament. Not sure if he will suffer fools but he enjoys company for sure. A small staffie who needs a stable home and dog centred family. He loves his walks.

His Story: Bertie was found stray and unclaimed in South Wales. He was petrified in the pound perhaps he had reason to be. We were asked to take him and 3 others, to save their lives. Way over our numbers but bills are bills, and Bertie and friends needed Our help!Neutered and chipped.

Advert: Bertie speaks Welsh well we thinks its Welsh! It does have a Staffordshire twang to his pronouncements! He chuckles away telling you this and that as some staffies do. Their identification is so strong with their humans that they have a conversation. Small, little concentrated staffie with the most beautiful hand. He is dark brindle almost black. We judged him older on meeting but now think he is about 2-3 yrs. Lovely Boyoh!

Bertie hasn''t been full assessed in a domestic settling but we think he soon will, as he is the staffie who is attracting all the attention! Just as well as Bertie is lost in kennels and so delighted to be given respite. Quite new to us but we are getting going and he is delighting everyone he meets!

Please visit this Bertie's thread in Staffierescue Rescue Remedies in our Forum http://rescueremedies.myfastforum.org/s ... .php#40221 to find out more about him and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/r7x3s5/ so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Bertie's thread is below: Watch his progress through our Rescue

Bertie sits in a Welsh pound aware he is danger..very scared. We are getting him neutered tomorrow and trying to get him out Wednesday or Thursday
Rescue Remedies_2

Re: Bertie (Jonesy) Staffie DOB 07 Haywards Heath E Sussex

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Jilly Allen 23 Aug 2010 11:17 am

Poor little soul looks terrified needs out and safe
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 26 Aug 2010 11:48 pm

Bertie is small; chunky, a true beauty, in good condition. Depressed in kennels; can flow into Staffie speak when wanting attention in his current 'rescue situation'. He is a fast mover like a 2-3 year old, and a d o r a b l e!

Rescue Remedies_2

Zuluandnaomi 02 Sep 2010 07:53 pm #4

this boy is ADORABLE

after much deliberating in front of the white board about who I should take out, I saw Bertie hadn't been walked in a couple of days out so I thought he would be the best candidate...

He is an absolute gem. I couldn't see a post on here already for him, but seriously, if anyone is looking for a full stafford in both temperament and looks, this is your boy. He didn't try and rush past me in the kennel, he let me come in and gave me a couple of barks and was very keen to get the harness on - he really helped!

So we walked the "Gauntlet" passed the other dogs (most terrifying experience of my life I have to add) and he didn't blink twice at any of them. He didn't pull on his lead, he always glanced back to see what I was doing, he stopped for me to give him a fuss, and I think he's a real chatterbox with all his funny staffy noises. This boy fits the KC standard perfectly, and he was so gentle and friendly, I hope his forever home comes along soon. If not, he's always got me to walk him in the mean time. if I could take him I would!

Does anyone know how he is with other dogs? He really didn't seem fussed by dogs on our walk or in the kennels
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 03 Sep 2010 10:48 pm

Bertie spent the day in the vets ..he was MOT'd thats check and clear glands; ears; teeth; paws and opps..neutering and chipping.

When I went to pick Bertie up everyone was saying what a l o v e l y Staffie he was ?scrumptious? Yes completely scrumptious! if not a lickle chatty!

Our vet went to sing the praises of our staffies we never have a difficult one in Lynne wink.gif
Rescue Remedies_2

Pipps 06 Sep 2010 01:52 pm

Do we know if he could live with a bitch? Is he cat tested yet? Thanks :D
Rescue Remedies_2

Zuluandnaomi 09 Sep 2010 05:41 pm

I absolutely LOVE this boy. He is the friendliest, lovliest little thing.

So good in the kennel putting his harness on.Didn't pull once on the lead. Didn't pay any attention to the other dogs.

Every now and then he stops, looks back at you and waits for some cuddles. All he wanted to do was give me kisses. He is such a loving boy, and so gentle.

He is definitely a little chatterbox, making all kinds of noises from happiness and excitement.

He will make someone a perfect dog. You can tell all he wants is some fuss.

Sharon/Lynne is there any chance I can please take him for a walk up Box Hill next weekend? Do I need to fill in any forms? Going to have my friend meet him soon as I reckon I can convince her that he's the boy for her.

Walk him if you can, he's so lovely. Pics to come soon.
Rescue Remedies_2

xxlynne 09 Sep 2010 05:43 pm

Have a stronglead on him !!! Abracadabra!
Rescue Remedies_2

Zuluandnaomi 10 Sep 2010 07:49 am

I'll ask again closer to the time, but if you could "save" him for me for next Saturday (if he doesn't have plans of course already) then I am sure I can get working to get him the home he so deserves.

I really am completely taken with this little boy. If I didn't have Zulu, or I had a girlie instead myself I would take him.

Lynne do I need to fill out a form to take him out for walkies for the day? X
Rescue Remedies_2

ali12345 10 Sep 2010 04:17 pm

Lovely pictures :D

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”