Cosmo Old Tyme Bull Dog DOB 08.07- 08.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Cosmo Old Tyme Bull Dog DOB 08.07- 08.18

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Cosmo7.jpg
Penny and Steve.....Jordan & Bianca we heard the news today that you had to let Cosmo pass as he developed a leg tumour.... We are all thinking of you in your shock and sorrow....Thank you for everything you offered him he waited a lobng time for you but he knew it was worth every minute and cherished your companionship and company
Cosmo.jpg
Cosmo's thread below:
Originally posted Wed Aug 07, 2013 by xxlynne
Current Status: Homed
Cosmo needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Cosmo deserves to have a family who are experienced with large dogs in terms of his management on the lead and in the home. They will then put his antics in perspective as such a large dog will shake unconfident people's nerves. He mixes well with dogs on his walk and is kind towards children but best not to live with them. They will just need to ensure he doesn't feel it’s his job to protect family members. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Cosmo was found stray and chipped, but there was no response from his registered owners. Friendly with people and dogs, he impressed the dog wardens to go all out to find him a rescue space with us. Cosmo is neutered, chipped and vax'd. Was in boarding kennels nr Chessington, Surrey.

About Cosmo: Cosmo is the size of the Cosmos! A gentle and large strong dog and a big sop. Yes he slobbers and if tempted by food may dribble … see his joules and you'll see why. Cosmo walks well on the lead and is not a puller in our books and obviously he will be walked with another dog on meeting so for potential owner to judge. He has a kind heart. He may become protective of his family members unless it is clear from the outset that this is not his role: Not guardy in the kennel, very approachable and trusting. Housetrained with attention. Travels very well in the car, but preferably in the front passenger seat!

Cosmo is a handsome 8 year old large Olde Tyme Bulldog of around 35 kilos in weight. He is predominantly white with large brindle patches. Found very underweight but now at his target weight. Lolloping, Soppy, Slobbery and an Endearing Buffoon!

Visit Cosmo's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Cosmo79.jpg
CosmoRuby7.jpg
Cosmo57.jpg
See Cosmo's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Dog warden's assessment: Cosmo was been found by a family and reported the dog was very good around their young children and gave them no cause for concern. Cosmo was easy to approach and manage in his kennel after a warm welcome. He didn't react to dogs when going through the kennel block as was easy examine his teeth and handle. Cosmo is already neutered and chipped. He is underweight currently
Cosmo7.jpg
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Cosmo Old Tyme Bull Dog DOB 08.07 Godstone

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 by xxlynne

ImageImage

With Erin

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Video Welcome Cosmo by Erin & Karen

Busy day for Cosmo. Firstly he was delivered into our care and we zoomed off to our vets where he received his first vax. He travelled very quietly in a large travel crate. On arrival to Godstone Erin and Karen rushed to meet him and before you could say Olde Tyme Bulldog Cosmo had been lifted into the bath and had a malazeb clean and soak as he fur was filthy and he had sores on his legs. He then had a lovely breakfast in the paddock including his wormers. He played with us and once he had met Keith, he was walked into his new kennel. Erin and Karen selected a new collar and put the RR disc on and he received it once he was dry. Welcome Cosmo you are such a lovely boy!

ImageImage

With Karen

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
ImageImage
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013by Toops

Cosmo is just adorable - was as good as gold in his bath - even though we had to stand him there for 10 mins to let the Malaseb do its work. No problems at all lifting him in and out. He has thoroughly enjoyed the marrow bone I gave him to welcome him to his kennel and he met Jessie very nicely today when we popped into his kennel to introduce her.

All in all a big softie. Love this boy.

Karen
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 by mb432
I took cosmo out on saturday and he is unbelievably calm and gentle on the walk.
I had him on an extendable and, just like Euston, he barely pulled and loved the added freedom.

Although I did let him get a bit muddy, so I had to give him a wash in the bath, and again he was perfectly behaved.

Top pooch!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 by SharonR-Admin

Well come and meet Mr. Soft as Butter! Cosmo is just gorgeous and soooo gentle! We have the before pictures ...

"You want to take my photo"?

"Really"!

"OK do my best side ... "!

"Last one"!

"Yeah, modelling over - let's rock & roll"!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 by SharonR

Post Catwalk ... our favourite monster from the deep ... :shock:

But he had so much fun and then a lovely bath!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 by Charlie+Ted

My first walk with Cosmo today :D :D what a star!
I was expecting to be dragged around but instead we had a lovely gentle stroll...
Gorgeous slobber chops!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 by xxlynne

Wonderful walk with Cosmo today

Video: Cosmo grazing

We then travelled to the vets and Cosmo had his second vac. Wonderful company, travelled well as front seat companion
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 by Charlie+Ted

I thought Cosmo would like a run around in the big paddock today but after a lovely roll in the mud
he just followed me round like my shadow
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 by kristy1318

just got home from a very wet and muddy walk with this big beautiful baby boy!! no pulling on lead,fantastic when passing other dogs,cant wait to take him out again. Almost smuggled him into my car and never to be seen again lol! When back in kennel had a lovely cuddle with him and really was sad to leave him,he is a perfect boy and if I had the room he would be mine asap!! I love him! see u tomo sloppy chops xxxxxxxxxxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”