Barley Parson's JRT DOB 2007 Rowfant W Sussex

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Tim

Re: Barley Parson's JRT DOB 2007 Gatwick Kenns/Rowfant W Sus

Post by Tim »

Had an unexpected but very enjoyable walk with Barley this morning, unexpected as I originally arrived at the kennels to photograph the new terrier arrival Little Jack however Kim said can I take Barley out for a walk, he doesn't walk far so you'll only be out 10 mins or so....30 mins later we were heading back to the kennels......Barley and I wandered off into the woods and being a typical terrier had to explore every bush , twig and blade of grass we came across thumbs.gif

We both had a great time and to be honest i think he could have stayed out another 30 mins thumbs.gif

Tim
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Barley-pops enjoyed his walk today, Barni was out with him and the two of them bumbled along the lane totally independently but you can sense they enjoyed having each other there on their outing thumbs.gif
IMG_5770.JPG
Barley by the lovely blossom love4.gif
IMG_5767.JPG
And his 'I want a sausage' face :smiley-signs001.gif:
IMG_5768.JPG
IMG_5769.JPG
love4.gif

Barley has trained me completely, he walks out on his walk very happily but knows that he can con me for treats on the way back by standing still and just looking at me and waiting, knowing I will deliver treats, I am his personal treat dispenser ! He has conditioned my response through his superb training perfectly !!! I throw the treat ahead, Barley scuttles after it and enjoys sniffing it out then he starts again, stands still and looks at me... I always chuckle to myself, trained by a dog !!! :goodjob.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Barley isnt well and we are all very worried about him. crying1.gif] He went home with Sarah & Ralf this afternoon and is going to our vets in the morning. Barley isnt eating today we managed to get him to eat Chicken yesterday. He has gone off his legs and has to be carried out to the garden. He is shivering and despite being wrapped warm. it was important Sarah & Ralf could spend time with him so they have a gauge how he is in familiar non kennel environment. We will let you know what our vet feels tomorrow they may keep him in.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Precious thoughts with you Barley, Sarah and Ralf xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Dani

Post by Dani »

Oh dear, get better real quick Barley xxx
xxlynne

Re: Barley Parson's JRT DOB 2007 Rowfant W Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Our thoughts are all with Sarah & Ralf today who made Barley's time in Rescue meaningful and a delight. Our thanks to Jules too who so often stepped in to allow Barley to remain out of kennels when ever she could. Each volunteer will have had their own relationship with Barley who was the sweetest little rouge who entertained and delighted in his friends and his toys.

It will take us all a lot of adjustment getting used to the idea that Barley has flown and left for freer and serene climes.

Thank you all
Debbie(tarakisha)

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

RIP little man. I will always remember and cherish the times you and my beloved Amy walked together with Sarah and I.
Two angels flying high in heaven love4.gif love4.gif smiley-sad010.gif smiley-sad010.gif
Sarah and Ralf gave Barley so much love and time and our thoughts are with them xxx
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Barley - you were the most handsome terrier I'd ever seen. Wishing I'd said goodbye to you properly on Sunday. Thank you to Sarah and Ralf for showing Barley life beyond kennels and loving him for the little monkey he was - my thoughts are with you. Nite nite barley, sleep tight. Xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

This is so sad and I was always saying to Barley "sorry you're still here" when I passed his kennel. He was one of my earlier walks at Godstone. I am very sorry he never found his forever home but I am very glad he wasn't found in his kennel and was at home with Sarah and Greg that last night. Thank you to them for fostering this little man who would not have got a break otherwise, my thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Im also thinking of you Lynne, you must be very upset as are we all. RIP dear little boy xxxxx smiley-sad010.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Tim

Post by Tim »

We've got so many fond memories of dear old Barley...we'll always remember going on the charity walk along with Dexter...on the way back Barley was sitting on Rachel's lap intrigued by Dexters snoring -he head cocked to one side ..oh how we laughed.

Run free now Barley

Tim & Rachel
xx
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”