Uncle Albert Staffie DOB 2005 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Uncle Albert Staffie DOB 2005 - 2018

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Jan 04, 2013 10:35 pm
UncleAlbertRIP.jpg
06.01.18 Just over 5 years since Albert came into us...Uncle Albert says goodbye
Dear Lynne, Laura and Nicky,
I don`t know if you have heard anything from Amanda but I just wanted to let you all know that sadly today we lost Uncle Albert. He was sick twice on Wednesday with so we went to vets Thursday morning and they gave him anti sickness drugs, overnight he went downhill, no sickness, but was just really miserable and seemed in pain. Took him back Friday and they admitted him, put him on a drip and did some bloods – all normal ish , although he was a bit anaemic so they did a tummy scan to check for a bleed but all seemed ok. Kept him in overnight but there was no improvement at all and when we went to see him this morning he just looked so wretched and sad. He was really weak and could not stand, it was awful to see him like that and we felt it was kinder to let him go.
We know he had a cancer lump on his tummy and also a tumour inside his bottom so this may have also been affecting him. He had also recently been restless and pacing at night so something was not right.
We are devastated and heartbroken but feel so blessed to have had him for 3 years, and although we have Chyna here (and she is missing him I think or at least wondering where he is) the house seems empty as he was such a big presence, he really was our life.
Thank you for rescuing him and letting us have him
Mandy and Mike and Chyna xxx
UncleAlbert.jpg
Albert Needs:-Albert needs a stable family to cherish him as he approaches his later years. Albert deserves a garden and he would appreciate companionship. Unassessed ref cats. Excellent around Children proven history. Meets dogs well if supported on a lead but needs support if other dogs 'anti'
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.
Known background: Albert has had at least 6 homes. 5 before he came into the pound and then lost his home with 6 children due to marriage split. Albert is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Albert was in kennels various places and latterly near Guildford. Uncle Albert then was given a Xmas foster in 2014...and stayed

About Albert: Albert is fabulous with children of all ages. He is great with people and enjoys his walks but whilst he is up for the occasional 5 miler, he is content with short walks and access to a garden. Albert is fully housetrained if he has access to walks and a garden. Albert has proved himself to be a brilliant addition to any family and exceptional around children of all ages. Enjoys travelling as front passenger, and used to accompany his owner to work in the van, outside of hot summer days. Every bit the Staffie personality who is stoic and content providing his family feels happy and present.

Albert is a 9 year old Staffie tan and white who has learnt to get along with whatever life brings his way. He has had instability and lived in regimes which fail to consider his needs. He needs a good diet, regular exercise and to be part of the lounge society to sleep his way through TV programmes and to water the garden and alert the family to greeting visitors as they appear. Albert deserves to be cherished, he is so social and loves company.

Visit Albert's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for £175 donation at the time of adoption, as we can't support so many dogs without funds. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Alberthome3.jpg
Albert29_n.jpg
Albert24.jpg
Alberthome5.jpg
See Albert's Thread Below. Watch his progress through our Rescue.
Original Referral Details: 3/1/13 Hi Lynne, Hope you are well and had a good Christmas and new year.
I know you Will be very busy this time of year but I have a dog in that I need help with, let me explain about him...

He is a male staffie (quite big) he is tan brown and white and is 8 years old, the owner has signed him over to the council as she is pregnant and can not longer care for him (although she already has children) she said he is not house trained on her bed!! So this was the other reason for giving him up. (She lives in a flat) So probably did not take him out enough or she is just fibbing typical reasoning to ease their guilt?!?
This dog hasn't been a problem at all, he is clean in his kennel, never dirties his bedding if he has to have a wee when locked in at night he gets out of bed and goes on the tiles but to honest he is cleaner that alot of dogs we get in just sits in his bed looking lost as to why he has ended up in a kennel. He has started to howl a bit but if you give him some attention or a pig's ear will stop.
He has not showed signs of aggression since we have had him. The woman who gave him up said she is his third home and the warden said he thinks the dog has been kicked around in the past (do not know if this is true). The warden told me today he has written to the council recommending this dog should be PTS and that if i can find a rescue space for him, then I should. Can you help him, would you have space? I think the council would pay for him to stay with us for another couple of weeks if that would help you at all? Thanks Rebecca

Further Referral Details 4/1/13: Hi Lynne I tried to take some pictures of the dog but I will have to ask someone for help tomorrow and get some better ones as the ones I took ended up being a bit rubbish, I have sent two pics to you so you can see what he looks like, but will send better ones tomorrow evening.
I have also asked the warden for more info on him so hopefully he will get back to me either tomorrow Monday with the extras, like how old the children where he lived with and if he lived with other animals, what his name is etc. I will be in touch when I have more for you. Thanks Rebecca
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Albert Staffie DOB 2005 Sittingbourne Kent

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 by xxlynne

Photo session in the staff rest room at the kennels to show us what a lovely boy we're saving!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 by xxlynne

Dear Albert was neutered today, nails clipped and ears cleaned. He is now on ear treatment and panicure to treat lungworm as he bled a lot and as a precautionary vets do this nowadays.

Lovely boy, soft coat, soft nature. Non reactionary to dogs going at his through their doors but he was still dopey. Smaller than I thought I expected an American Bull dog type size and no he is just a bigger male Staffie. Sleep tight little one, better days to come
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 by xxlynne

Getting dark but a glimpse of Albert recovering from his op well. Easy to walk and paid no attention to the dogs in the kennels and passing a Shepherd on his walk.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 by SarahK

I met Albert today, what a lovely lovely boy he is

Can't believe that today of all days with all the lovely snow as a background, I forgot my camera !!! Such a shame as this fella loved his amble down the snowy lane, a steady eddie ( well Albert!!!) with a delightful waggy tail, and very please to see you in his kennel, full of kisses ! His colourings would have photographed so well against the pure white snow !!! He really was lovely, come on forever home, this guy deserves home comforts
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 by SarahK

Thankfully this week I had my camera and I got to walk adorable Albert once again :)

More staffie kisses as a greeting when I went into the kennel, took a lovely little walk and then once in, Albert let it be known that it was only decent to give him some cuddle time before I left !!!
I sat on the edge of his bed and he lapped up the attention, first cuddles and strokes to his head, then he turned around for a good old back rub, really gentle and well mannered gent, love this boy, x

Hasnt he got just the most adorable face and beautiful colourings :D
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 by cancan

What lovely markings.
Great to see enthusiastic homers coming through. How exciting to have positive feedback from your brilliant work at staffy rescue.
You are all so clever, I take my hat off xx
Missis and Sammi take off theirs too xx
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 by SharonR-Admin

Awwww Albert ...

He didn't like the click of the camera, but was happy to stand there and observe dubiously while I tickled his tummy!

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 by Anne

I could not help but fall in love with Albert today. He is a little sad in kennels but so endearing. He just trots along quietly beside you and will stop if you talk to him or if you stop. At the moment he is looking very much for guidance as he is somewhat unsure of life but I hope he starts to relax and we can begin to see his character emerge.
Meanwhile I will just swoon and be back to walk him again next week.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 by Nina

Anne with Albert today.
I feel in love with him too.... he is very sad though

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”