Uncle Albert Staffie DOB 2005 - 2018

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Nicki

Re: Uncle Albert Staffie DOB 2005 Waterlooville

Post by Nicki »

mandyandmike wrote:Albert`s lump on his tummy kept growing so he had to have an op to have it removed, he has made a good recovery and today he had his stitches out. Unfortunately the news on his lump is not so great, they have said it is an intermediate cancer (some sort of sarcoma), grade 2 on a 1 to 3 scale, which means it is unlikely to and probably won`t spread elsewhere (they can`t be 100% sure) but the likely hood of it coming back in the same place is high. If it does come back he could have chemo/radio treatment but we are praying it won`t as I would not want to put him through anything too traumatic or stressful for him. Going to spoil him even more now love4.gif
Reading this made me very thoughful.
How is Uncle Albert now? I ask because Pinky has a lump (it's a mast cell tumour, tests show) which is being removed on Friday, and I'm so frightened for her. Until it's off, the grade is unknown - can't tell you how hard I'm praying for a grade 1.
Much love to Uncle Albert. Long may it stay gone.

Nicki
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Although I get lots of updates on Uncle Albert and Chyna when walking with Mandy I just love to see the pics. Am going to go visit these two very shortly for special cuddles. xxx
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Hi Nicki, Albert is very well in himself at the moment but unfortunately it does look like it might be coming back as we have noticed this week that he has a very small lump in the same area as before. smiley-sad010.gif
As he seems ok at the moment we will just be keeping an eye on it for now (he does have a couple of other small lumps and bumps that the vet has seen as well) and spoiling him rotten and making the most of every day with him.
Really hoping it all goes well for Pinky on Friday, big hugs to you both. :crossfingers.gif:
Mandy x
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Another busy day!
Another busy day!
Quick update on Albert, he is well at the moment, just showing his age a bit with walking, he always wants to go but he can`t manage very far, sometimes his back legs are a bit weak and wobbly.
A couple of weeks ago he had a really bad sore front paw, don`t know how he hurt it but he couldn`t walk on it at all for 2 days, I spent all weekend carrying him out to the garden for his business (he is heavy) and bringing him his meals in bed! A trip to the vets for some treatment soon had him on the mend and he is fine now. He is enjoying the summer and loves to sunbathe in the garden.
nhelyer

Post by nhelyer »

Oh bless his heart. So pleased he's feeling better.

Breakfast in bed ... just what Uncle Albert deserves! love4.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Back home, warm and dry
Back home, warm and dry
Last Sunday we took Albert and Chyna to our local charity horse show, the also have a fun dog show so we entered Albert and Chyna in the veteran class, as we went in the ring it started to rain heavily, poor Alb and Chy did not like it, they did not show themselves off very well, just tried to hide under our legs!!
We were really surprised when Albert came fourth and Chyna came first. woo.gif]
They were not impressed and just wanted to get back in the car asap!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

WELL DONE Uncle Albert and Chyna. We all agree you are such darling doggies. xxxx
nhelyer

Post by nhelyer »

Well done Albert and Chyna!! thumbs.gif (Though I have to say the judges were quite wrong ... it should clearly have been joint first places!)
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Cheeky Chyna
Cheeky Chyna
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

At Merchistoun.jpg

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”