URGENT APPEAL TO PURCHASE OUR OWN KENNELS

URGENT APPEAL TO PURCHASE OUR OWN KENNELS

Postby xxlynne » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:03 am

Today we are launching our Fun Raiser initiative to try and find our permanent HOME for our Homeless. We will do this principally through our Twitter Accounts and Websites and in fact ANY avenue you can think to get the public and wealthy individuals to sit up and want to help us establish some stability for our Rescuework and our current and future homeless dogs.

We are aiming for £900,000 to enable purchase of a sizable foothold
Rescue-Remedies-Logo.jpg

We started working firstly out of my own home for the first 4 years then out of boarding kennels. We now need to launch to establish our own HOME, ourselves to bring in our own standards of care; welfare and enable our energy to be optimised. Watch this space I will be updating daily for everyone to take hold of facts and ideas and reasons why we are worthy of support and to ask people to continue to support our running costs but think of new initiative above and beyond this staple core funding to get us our own Centre of Excellence.Each day one of our dogs will come on and tell their story and give a reason why they think we are very worthy of financial support ....

ArthurCharlie60.JPG
A is for Arthur: Arthur from terrierrescue has asked me if we can really do this for him so he has a better quality of life whilst he needs to use a kennel while we are searching for his very special family. Arthur who was advertised on facebook as being put to sleep as he was frightened of the children and ended living in the bedroom and snapping at people he didnt know. Arthur has come a long way since he has been part of our caring Rescue since May 14 but currently in a busy boarding kennels isnt giving Arthur everything he deserves He would like to be in our RescueRemedies Centre where our OWN staff and volunteers have tuned his needs into a programme of care and promote his rehabilitation. So Arthur says could you come on board and give a one off large donation on a scale with your affordability, and label it: call it ""YOUR NAME:building block" contribution into our Rescue Remedies Bank account

Our bank account details are on our Standing order form which you can print off: IF you can be generous with a one off contribution and label it with Your NAME & BUILDING BLOCK as we will check our monthly bank statements monthly we will upload the names and contributions on to our websites and build up a running total. Our need is NOW so we are asking a special from you and PLEASE if you are a tax payer complete our Gift aid form at the same time, if you haven't already, to optimise your contribution. Directly into our account will means we are not paying %costs from other avenues, every penny will matter and be received immediately and be set aside for our new project We cant get national lottery grants as an animal charity and miss out on most grants as we have no premises or land. Please can you dig deep as a one off and lets start a momentum for our Gold Star Rescue as a haven for our longstay dogs and future strays

If you cant afford that is fine but put your good will behind this and promote our posts on twitter and facebook daily as we do them This diary page will be updated daily

Bank Details

Please remember to complete the Giftaid form for all donations GIFTAID DON'T forget

I personally am launching this with a £5,000 donation today which with Giftaid translates to £6,125...Arthur we are there for you but we so hope you find your special home very soon but thank you as our first voice coming from Terrierrescue to help our terrier friends and family

I will flag up the Website page as we set it up
xxlynne

Re: RescueRemediesTerrierrescueStaffierescueAmBulldogRescueH

Postby Tim » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:15 am

What a FANTASTIC gesture Lynne and a great idea, I'm sure if we all pull together and get this message out there it's definitely achievable.
Tim
ps; I've now joined Twitter too so I can spread the word even more
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Tim

Postby Rummibailey » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:17 pm

Facebook will be doing its bit, and we need everyone to donate and share/retweet.

'Building Blocks Appeal' will launch on Facebook this evening....
Don't Breed and Buy while Thousands Die in UK dog pounds
Rummibailey

Postby xxlynne » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:58 pm

Received another donation £5000 tonight equivalent to £6125 when including Giftaid...we have the foundation to begin the begin

We do not have a business plan, just an open vision. If we begin to gain amounts building into a realistic fund then we will be able to explore what possibilities that can bring. This is a new venture for the Charity it may take us many years, we hope people are trusting that any donations received and labelled for this will not be confused in with paying for our kennel bills and vet bills which is the main costs we accrue, apart from once off yearly public liability insurance costs; microchips/ wormers and wholesale purchase of collars and lead. People have said today if the goal isn't realised you would need to return the donations to those who gave for this purpose. We hope people give without reservation and on trust, appreciating with us not having admin costs; staff costs that the building fund will not be tampered with. If however for example if we received a lump sum legacy out of the 'blue' which provided for purchase of land/ buildings...the fund then would be utilised to transfer into purpose ie regrade of existing and so invested in the project. So if you donate and label we will ringfence and build into providing a Centre at least leasehold and ideally freehold. Thank you at last we are beginning to express our dreams for our dogs
xxlynne

Postby katz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Twitter is doing it's bit too - have shared this on RR & SR Twitter accounts...
katz
katz

Postby xxlynne » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:57 am

Day 2 and lets focus on...Being there B is for Baloo:

A few successful and unexpected homings and Nikki who runs our facebooks in celebration was given a chance to save a dog outside the many many 30 odd pounds we serve. Baloo was her choice but a hard one as Baloo had lived outside most of his life and we were unsure how that would have impacted on him
Baloo.jpg

This it the picture by the neighbour as Baloo was a familiar sight as she watched from her bedroom window. When Baloo's owner went into hospital she was able to talk with visitors at the house and were putting food out for Baloo. As news came the owner died she managed to convince the relatives not to put Baloo to sleep and took him to an elderly lady nearby while she did a facebook book campaign. Baloo came to us and as far as Baloo is concern he is enjoying a 'Hotel life style' Baloo has had periods in homes and he settled well.

Baloo's appeal.."Rescue Remedies saved my life and talking to the other friends they all tell me they too were in real trouble before they came. People shouting at them; thrown out of a car; scratching and itching that wouldnt go away; a man kicking them; and feeling very ill everytime they had puppies. ' One thing that we all feel now is we are deeply loved and some of my friends say that when their families bought them back to the Rescue the Rescue gave them hugs & welcome them like longlost friends. They reassured them they will get them a super family who this time, will stand by them come what may, but they will always be monitoring and guarantee through their life they will never get in trouble again. It feels really comforting we are in with friends and we often are saying goodbye to friends in the block with lots of photos and tears as our friends wave goodbye and then another friend arrives so grateful to come into the care and meets our friends and they soon begin to believe in themselves again."

Rescue Remedies stands by their dogs for life. We are passionate about each dog we help not clerking them in with 'issues' but helping them to trust and learn and succeed. Very few Rescues accept unassessed dogs prepared to work with them and stand by them for life. Rescue Remedies is exceptional in taking the dogs that other Rescues step over and loving them. This is Baloo today still waiting but we are ever hopeful we can find a quiet family life for him.
Baloo chilling with Andy.jpg
baloo33.jpg

Today be assured everything to expect of a Rescue is there within our Rescue but you will find short comings within many others. We stand out as the Goldseal measures
Rescue-Remedies-Logo.jpg
We ask new families what are you offering our dog? We needs to understand your expectations and life style to make sure we match a dog who can succeed with you. Gone are the days when you pick a dog on looks and try and make a go of it...we are an adoption service were you feel understood and guided so your companion flourishes. We ask our families to walk the walk and give our dogs time to adapt and settle. We thank our families who stand by their dogs whatever life throws at them as we are the brick for our dogs and our families are their shelter; true families and believers.
Baloo3.jpg

Today I am 61 year old..yes I am now in the over 60s bracket. My lifestyle is brutal in achieving the results and outcomes we seek for our many dogs. I havent had a holiday in 6 years because the need is so intense. Our volunteers have very little idea what it takes to make it all happen and what it involves jumping in the dog mobile to travel to our vets in Westerham who offer our dog quality care at a price which allows us to sincerely offer our dogs whatever their needs. Meeting the needs of our dogs when we were operating from 7 centres in the Summer of 2015 spread all around the M25. Potter Bar which involved my sleeping in field hut and my car, most volunteers wouldnt even come on site and they are 30-40 years younger than me. I mention it because behind the scenes it is blood, sweat and many many tears. We needed to dig in for the 15 dogs; 30 cats; goats; chickens and turkeys++. Practically it needed to be done, and many volunteers did offer a day, some more..we achieved what needed to be achieve. But it took its toll but today we only have Dougie a greyhound left from the impoverished lifestyle those animals faced ...oh and 16 cats. So yes we need to find our home as Im not getting younger and am beginning to feel we need to ensure the firm future of the Rescue ...post lynne and the only way that will happen is to own our own show focused in a more defined area working to our own standards of care. That is why we now to fun raise for our Centre lets make it happen

Todays suggestion TABLE CLOTH AND CANDLES: set up a special evening meal with the family..get the table cloth out and table dec. and candle and cook a favourite meal even if you are reheating it. Calculate how much a dinner out for the family would have cost as a very special treat and decide what saving you have saved and donate it as a build block to our Rescue's appeal. You can take pictures and yes it will bring the family together DO IT!
xxlynne

Building Blocks Appeal Virgin Money Giving page

Postby xxlynne » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:21 pm

We have a Building Blocks Appeal Virgin Money Giving page which is a popular way for people to donate on social media.

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/uk.vi ... &pageUrl=7

There will be lots of posts on Facebook, all including links for paying by bank transfer as well as the Virgin Money Giving page. Please share these widely, particularly in our dog groups and tell people why this appeal is so important.

***** Building Blocks Appeal *****

This is the big one! Please help us reach our dream of our own Rescue Remedies Rescue Centre - A Home for the Homeless Dogs.

Lynne started the rescue in 2002 from her own home, saving dogs and finding them forever homes. After four years, we starting using boarding kennels, and currently have around 80 dogs spread over 5 boarding kennels in Surrey and Hertfordshire. This costs £56 per dog per week, so our weekly kennel bills alone are around £4500.

The logistics of using 5 kennels spread over such a wide area mean that Lynne, who runs our rescue, spends many hours and miles every week travelling from kennel to kennel for vet visits, homings, moving dogs and general welfare.

It has always been a dream to have our own Rescue Centre. Our main boarding kennel that we use is closing in 2 weeks, and this is the catalyst for us to go out there and make our dreams come true!

We need to raise £900,000 to purchase premises and make them suitable for the dogs in our care. To have our own Rescue Centre would make the world of difference to our dogs, being cared for by our own staff and volunteers who can put their interests as a number 1 priority. The time saved by having them in one place means we can focus more on finding them their homes, and giving them more socialization, exercise and one to one attention.

DONATE DIRECTLY:

Our bank account details are on our Standing order form which you can print off or set up online. If you can be generous with a one off contribution and label it with Your NAME & BUILDING BLOCKS as we will check our bank statements monthly upload the names and contributions on to our websites to build up a running total. Our need is NOW so we are asking a special from you and PLEASE if you are a tax payer complete our Gift aid form at the same time, if you haven't already, to optimise your contribution. Directly into our account will mean we are not paying %costs from other avenues, every penny will matter and be received immediately and be set aside for our new project We can't get national lottery grants as an animal charity and miss out on most grants as we have no premises or land. Please can you dig deep as a one off and lets start a momentum for our Gold Star Rescue as a haven for our longstay dogs and future strays

Bank Details: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... -remedies/

Gift Aid: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... claration/

You can also donate via our Virgin Money Giving Page: http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/uk.vi ... &pageUrl=7
xxlynne

Re: URGENT APPEAL TO PURCHASE OUR OWN KENNELS

Postby Deborah » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:03 pm

I really hope this is possible. Just an idea - you could give donators the opertunity to sign, or have their name's engraved in a brick. Stockenchurch dog rescue do this http://stokenchurchdogrescue.org.uk/cam ... io-of-fame and It is how funds were raised for guildford cathedral during/just after the war.
Rescue animals are not damaged they have just experienced more in life. If they were human we would call them wise.
Deborah

Postby xxlynne » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Rescue Remedies Building Blocks appeal

NB: Apologises life got in the way as one of my personal Staffies went downhill very rapidly and sadly died and knocked us for six. This is in the middle of one of our personal Patterdales in the end stage of Lymphoma. Also we are fast forwarded into count down phase of the closure of our largest collection of dogs as the boarding kennels has been sold by the owner: We have 7 days to go now and still have 19 kennels in use and you wonder why I'm not sleeping! We have plans for 12 of the 19 kennels with provisional cover for the 7 and on top of this despite our extreme circumstances we are taking in 3 hopefully only 2 emergencies this week somehow.
Rescue-Remedies-Logo.jpg

So 2 weeks into our Campaign C is for Cracker How many Patterdale are found stray when they are the very terriers who are most at risk due to zero road sense and selective deafness as soon as they sense or hear wild animals; pick up a trail or get sight of movement. Yes many are found dead. Cracker is a classic example of 'black beauty' but with every sinu alert to his quest. Very few Rescues have the skills to vet and brief potential owners. You really have to live with a Fell terrier (Black Fell Terriers/ patterdales: Red Fell Terrier or Black & Tan Fell Terriers/"Working Lakelands") to understand. Rescue Remedies are the Terrier expects for the UK and the homing team Dianna and myself each live in a pack of terriers. We are Terrierrescue, We are Patterdaleterrierrescue and didnt learn anything from a book we experience and are equipped with ingenuity; techniques and an eternal sense of humour to delight in terrier antics. Many of our volunteers really get terriers and live with terriers too. Many Rescues, behaviourists, trainers and the public come to us for advice. It is a key role we deliver on top of saving and homing Terriers. Rescueremedies take Terriers from many other Rescues as well as dog wardens and pound pullers. Yet we do find it hard to find responsible owners who we are able to entrust our Patterdales lives into. If we homed on looks we would have an average stay of 7 days through our Rescue. We don't home on LOOKS: We home to acumen; with people to 'get' their terrier's life is in their hands every time they open the front door; go for a walk or entrust another to care for their terrier.
Cracker5.JPG
Cracker8.jpg

Crackers appeal: People all my life have failed to understand me. My owners always thought I was a naughty puppy and I was told off continuously and there were arguments. When they took me out I used to play around but then as I grew older I got more interested in finding and exploring. I forgot where my owners were as I was having such a good time. When I headed back they weren't there anymore. I proved too full on for most other dogs and I got concerned about them. Don't know what happened but I found myself in a prison and then in a car and now I have friends who walk me and I wear a muzzle and so I am learning to meet dogs a little better. I do know I have a very 'wired' mind. Rescue Remedies volunteers giggle when they see how keen I am to explore the bushes and I lose track of time. BUT I do enjoy being out in nature. Im getting used to my muzzle and I know many people wouldnt home me because I need to wear one outside, but I am very gentle and kind. I know my friends are helping me and actually admire me for being a Patterdale! How lovely is that. One day I will have my own home and people will take care of me so I am always safe.
Cracker69.JPG

Rescue Remedies does not compromise on safety. Patterdales were bred off farms..some were in the farm house and mixed with the other dogs and yard cats..but most could manage that and were kenneled and used to work the wild life by terrier men. The Patterdale was judged for performance and their scars were trophies. They were often killed as part of their working life by injuries by their captive 'prey'. They weren't used to kill other than vermin, but to locate the large mammals like badgers and foxes termed baiting..so then they would bark to locate and the farm hands would dig the foxes out and rescue what terriers they could. These excited barks are often part of Patterdales meet and greet instincts. We have tried to domesticate them but need to always respect them. As gentle as they are in the home, outside they are often in pursuit. Instincts are integral to their makeup and emerge as they mature. Patterdales need to be managed in the same way as toddlers are. Taking risks is playing with their lives. It isnt a joke and we are often turning people down who are happy to take risks with their Patterdale's lives, and even after they have lost one on the road or it went stray and never found. We need our own premises to be able to help our Pattie friends who sadly have to stay with us longer than they deserve while we find their rightful responsible homes.
Cracker75.JPG
xxlynne

Postby Dr V » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:39 am

Lynne you are simply 1 amazing woman. I am going to try and find a few retired rich people here on the Isle of Wight and see if we can get together a whole bunch of cash. I'm not promising anything but I will definitely go out there and spread the word.
I'll come back to you with an update as soon as I have any news.
YOU CAN DO IT!! thumbs.gif
Dr V

Postby CoraMc » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 am

Donated with pleasure, a great cause saving many lives and transforming those of forever homes!! :nicethread.gif: :goodjob.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: 0028.gif Kiss of love.gif
CoraMc

Postby xxlynne » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:12 pm

Raising the roof! ..but laying the foundations first

We have raised £12,200 in less than a month AND one of our homers has stepped forwards to organise our Fundraising. We have always equated FUN with FUNdraising so please visit and sign up for information and make it happen for our present and future dogs
Please volunteer!
Dougie41.JPG

Dougie has his say: If you ever find yourself homeless you will understand the predicament Charlie and I have found ourselves in. However the problem is people will come forwards and find a shelter for you, as a dog we cant explain how it wasn't our fault and someone will be looking at how much we are costing. We must have got lucky 'cause someone gave us longer than the 7 days than most of our cousins get. I found myself in a Rescue but sadly no one was looking for my home and it was cold with no heating and the snow was so cold and wet and the sun was hot. Then one day I saw this new lady Lynne and she bought friends and I was confused 'cause my mate for many years Sweep was suddenly waving me goodbye and telling me he had his new home and family to go to. Lynne bought Charlie to share and he was happy as he had been lonely in his kennel. We are now in a lovely kennels and we get taken for beautiful walks and we have 2 meals a day. The word on the block is the dogs are happy on the day they don't come back. The volunteers and kennel staff come back singing and saying it will be our turn next..Rescue Remedies pay for me and Charlie to live well. We even got a holiday together for a week by the seaside with Corrina and Fred. I will be happy if Charlie finds his family, I dont know, its been so long, if I ever will mine: Im getting old. Im the last from that other place they all have so there is hope. Charlie said I will and he will come with me if Im scared to keep me company if not he will lick me goodbye Thank you to the people who give money to help us but it would be lovely if Rescue Remedies wasn't homeless themselves!

Dougie02.JPG
Dougiecharlie56.jpg
Dougie67.jpg

Please donate labelling Building Blocks let start our new adventure.
Bank Details: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... -remedies/

Gift Aid: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... claration/

You can also donate via our Virgin Money Giving Page: http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/uk.vi ... &pageUrl=7
xxlynne

Next

Return to URGENT APPEAL TO BUY OUR OWN KENNELS (Building Block Appeal)