In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Hughie Stollie ( StaffiexCollie ) DOB 09 - Dec 23

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Original entry into our Rescue Aug 25, 2010 10:38 am
Hughie5.jpg
Hughie.jpg
Hughie's Thread below:
Hughie needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle. Hughie needs a united family who loves his energy. Proven with children, not a leapy Staffie, knows to sit on command and smile! Not for cats. Needs fair sized secure garden with regular exercise. Hughie has lost his fragile confidence around other dogs so need support to avoid dog contact which is the only factor holding back him finding his family. Can be left short periods. NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Hughie was abandoned in Cardiff as an 7 month pup and unclaimed. 5 months later the pound was full so pushing their limits as a 'no kill' pound as asked for our help. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place and save Hughie's life. Fostered for 2 weeks with a 5 yr child but didn't accept the cats! Homed for over 2 years but change of circumstance meant Hughie was returned into kennels in Feb. 15. Neutered, vax'd and chipped. Currently in boarding kennels in Godstone.

About Hughie: Hughie has a HUGH Staffie heart with Collie intelligence. Hughie is a people person with a sunshine personality but never had a chance to develop self confidence due to impoverish puppyhood, and spent his early life in kennels. Hughie's smile shines through so a whole lotta loving to be done! A happier dog you'll never find. Webbed feet means Hughie adores puddles and water! Housetrained, non chewie and excellent in the home & garden. He makes friends easily. Hughie just needs supportive management outside as shows concern around dogs and especially bouncy off lead encounters, but managing well around the kennel walks.

Hughie is a Stollie from Wales, small Staffie size, black brindle with white tail tip, chest, socks with badger strip..just like a collie! Hughie loves to be cuddled up and potter around his home. Very engaging in play and oh how he loves his toys. Hughie can get excited meeting dogs but soon settles alongside and becomes friends given confident management but really would prefer just to be with his people. People person.

Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Hughie49.jpg
Hughie7.jpg
Hughie's Thread below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Aug 10: Hughie has been about 5 months in Cardiff pound arriving as a 7 month pup. They are desperate for a Rescue place for him. He is now just over 1 yrs old, neutered and vax'd.
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Hughie Collie x Staffie DOB 09 Pinner Harrow

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 by xxlynne

Hughie is a Collie cross staffie, a lovely mix. He has the gentle collie energy and the cheerful staffie grin! He has been in a pound for about 5 months and although he came in very thin he has come out rather rotund. Loves to be out walking and would love the opportunity for regular walks. Would be a super foster for someone...but perhaps not with cats or am I judging his 'aliveness' on meeting a little to early in the excitement of change and new setting! Dear Dear soul so pleased we are helping him find his family it will be our very great pleasure!
ImageImage
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Hughie Collie x Staffie DOB 09 Gatwick South Kenns

Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 by Susiebee

Took Hughie out for the first time today. One of the kennel maids was singing his praises saying how lovely he is...so that's commendation indeed!

He was easy to harness and good natured out in the field - we were out with Winnie, Tom and the dearly beloved Arnold.

My comment on the flyball is just that I think he must be working out in the kennels to use up his energy because he seemed to tire and go to half speed 25 minutes through our 45 minute walk. It was on a road section so perhaps he's a fields and grass boy. Although it was pretty hot today and he was glad of water whilst we waited for Arnold to catch up. Or more possibly I just wasn't providing enough entertainment

Alison thinks he may just need his stamina built up a bit, he did perk up with Tom when we reached the field.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 by xxlynne

Hughie know that we love you...what a tonic you are!

I don't know about Staffiex I think Hughie is Staffiex2!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 by Susiebee

Out with Hughie who was being very cheeky today.

Plus there were so many exciting smells in the fields he was more of a bloodhound than a staffie. He did look up occasionally though :)
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 by xxlynne

Hughie squeezed into the van today..small crate but he accepted it and just settled in anticipation. He traves really well. Made the vet smile, who confessed he really loved staffies and was always pleased working with them. Hughie won his heart totally. Hughie is now fully vax'd. Back at the kennels Hughie was the first out to enjoy the afternoon air and rejoice in the late autumn day. He really is my prozac!
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Hughie Collie x Staffie DOB 09 Pinner Harrow

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 by chinquest
By the time we were heading back Nikki had Hughie's full attention I was so impressed, hang on did I see a few bribes passing hand to mouth
hughie.webp
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 by mholland25

Hughie was my first walk of the day and the second time I've walked him. Hughie is a lovely dog and is really desperate for lots of affection and regular excerise, which he is just not getting quite enough of at the moment and as a result is getting a little stressed in kennels. Once away from the kennels Hughie transforms into a wonderful dog with a very smiley face and waggy tail. Hughie absolutely loves a cuddle and has a few good tickley spots which have to be scratched! Didn't quite manage to capture his gorgeous expressions but trust me he is a stunner!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 by xxlynne

Hughie had a long walk with Judy today and then a long walk with Buddy. A bit rainy but we survived. He was great seeing chickens and loved water!

Hughie then went on to meet a lovely family; horses and one of their 2 cats. Hughie did so well, be it a little excited with the cat. We were working it so 3 hours later we set up a trial adoption agreement with safety measures and lets see...he needs time to settle
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Hughie Collie x Staffie DOB 09 Guildford Temp foster

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 by xxlynne

Hughie report: Debbie is absolutely loving him and said it was all the walkers comments on his thread that drew her like a magnet. Hughie is a happy chappie; delighted in everything and everybody. Managing the situation around the 2 cats. He slept in the ultility room away from cat territory and they didn't hear a peep from him all night. Housetraining spot on..no issues at all. Learning to heel walk. Debbie intends to put a lot of training into him in the coming weeks. Debbie was just off to collect Hannah from school with Hughie.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”