Kenny Staffie x DofB ?2008 - 16th February 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Kenny Staffie x DofB ?2008 - 16th February 24

Post by xxlynne »

DSCF0325.jpgkenny.jpg
Kenny.jpg
Kenny's Story: Kenny's owner was homeless and just couldn't keep him anymore. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Kenny is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Kenny was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
Current Status: Homed
If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF0333.jpgkenny.jpg
DSCF0337.jpgkenny.jpg
Kenny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
12.12.18: Hello Lynne
I was given your contact details while searching for some urgent help with dogs that we have in our pound. I appreciate that this is a busy time of year for you as it is for us at our Council. I wonder if you have any space
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Kindest regards Jx
anne

Re: Kenny Staffie x DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

What a lovely, gentle, friendly boy. Kenny walked so nicely on the lead around the woods. He is a little nervous at the moment finding himself in a new place but such a lovely natured boy hopefully won't be with us for long.
DSCF0334.jpgkenny.jpg
DSCF0323.jpgkenny.jpg
DSCF0329.jpgkenny.jpg
RosC

Re: Kenny Staffie x DofB ?2008 Redhill Christmas Foster

Post by RosC »

Well aren't we the lucky ones!
Kenny has come home for a foster break with us. He met Bertha for a walk this morning at the kennels and later had some time off lead in the paddock together. They got on fine so I popped back later to pick him up.
He cried a little in the car but was eager to get indoors once home!
He got himself a little over excited earlier - he was panting a lot and couldn't settle but he has now nodded off next to me on the sofa love4.gif
He had a little cry earlier, I thought it was as Jason was about to go out to work but I opened the back door and he went out and had a huge wee so he clearly is housetrained!
Kenny has only been with us a couple of hours but he does appear to be a super little dog. Can't wait to get to know him better over the next few days.
IMG_2810.JPG
RosC

Post by RosC »

Well, we all think Kenny is amazing woo.gif]
He had a great night's sleep and didn't get up until 8am. Straight out for a wee and then waited for his morning walk. We went over the common and he met another dog who he really wanted to play with but sadly, as he is on the lead, he just had to make do with group sniffs with the other dog and Bertha. Home and he had a good breakfast. After breakfast he was subjected to a shower, he is a good sport and stood in the bath with his head over the edge between my knees. He clearly wasn't having fun but made no attempt to leap out of the bath or even move, just decided to endure it and now is reaping the rewards as he smells so nice he is getting even more cuddles!
Today he has been left twice for around 45 minutes and both times he was absolutely fine, such a good boy.
To make up for leaving him we took him to our local on our way back from his afternoon walk where he made lots of friends, got biscuits and then sat quietly under the table.
Kenny is very obedient. He does jump up on greeting as he is so pleased to see you but you only have to tell him no once and he listens to you. He is like that with everything. This evening I went upstairs to do something and asked him to wait at the bottom of the stairs. He was sitting there several minutes later when I came back down - how well trained is that? He will do anything you ask of him, he has obviously been really well trained.
Super little dog - I am not sure that he is as old as he looks. Clearly not a youngster but very active and he has really nice teeth.
Kenny has relaxed today and seems really happy. I hope his new family come along in the new year so that he doesn't have to return to kennels. Not easy to take pictures of him as he always moves but here are a few..
IMG_2834.JPG
IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2814.JPG
RosC

Post by RosC »

Kenny has been so well behaved over the past couple of days. He has enjoyed having extra people in the house and has worked out that this means extra snuggles on the sofa thumbs.gif
Kenny loves his walks and bumps along side by side with Bertha. He appears to meet other dogs very well, waggy tail and lots of friendly sniffs. He and Bertha both like their own space when sleeping and sit on separate beds. They don't really interact too much although they get on fine and like to go in the garden together. They have the odd sniff at each other but that is perfect to me and we have not had one disagreement or tense moment since they first met.
He has quite an appetite on him and enjoys his meals. He hangs around at our meal times but isn't a pest, just wants to make sure we know he is around just in case we have too much and can't finish it all ourselves wink.gif
We have left him at home for up to an hour and a half and he has been very good and I think probably just slept while we were out.
Kenny is a very friendly boy who loves being around people so care is needed if you open the front door as he tries to get out with you or greet any visitor but he is very obedient and will listen to you if you tell him to get down or wait. His initial jumping up on greeting is less now so he is clearly settling in. When he listens to you he does the cutest head tilt love4.gif
So, not wanting to make him sound too perfect here are his negatives, if you can call them that but I had to find something!
He barks loudly when someone knocks on the door and is very keen to find out who is out there, he also barked at a loud noise outside last night so I am not sure what he is going to be like on New Year's eve with the fireworks. Kenny plays ball but will rip them apart, same with other toys so more robust items will need to be purchased! He also tried to attack the hoover (good excuse not to do the housework!!).
Pictures will follow..
So, basically we are loving having him to stay and think he is just amazing woo.gif]
RosC

Post by RosC »

Kenny has a few more days with us before I am back at work, let's hope this gorgeous boy's forever home arrives before then :crossfingers.gif:
Kenny loves other dogs and wants to play with them (my arms are now longer!) so could be an only dog or live with another. Such an easy boy love4.gif
The joy of an extender lead and a tree!
The joy of an extender lead and a tree!
IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG
RosC

Post by RosC »

Kenny has really settled in now. What a difference a week makes, he is so relaxed now. He still barks at a knock on the door, a bark worthy of a dog much larger, but it is excitement at who may be there to greet! He no longer tries to leave if we do and is happy to be left for a couple of hours.
He has been sleeping downstairs with Bertha but last night I took him upstairs. He snuggled under the duvet all night with his nose poking out at the end of the bed.
Last night there were fireworks, what fireworks said Kenny, he took no notice at all and was totally chilled. I even managed to hoover today without the hoover being attacked - an initial grabbing of the end and I told him to leave and he got up on the sofa and watched me hoovering, what a good boy thumbs.gif
We love him to pieces, he is so easy and such a sweet natured little boy. Not one bad reaction to another dog or person since he has been here with us and he has met plenty of both. He doesn't pull on the lead.
Kenny is wishing that he meets his forever family really soon as he as many years ahead of him and wants to enjoy them amongst a loving family. Please consider little Kenny, he may be older but staffies live up to 15 years and he appears to be in good health. He has a fantastic shiny coat and loves his carrots and cucumber (apples not so good!) so is happy to eat his veg to keep him healthy.
IMG_2862.JPG
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I wish I could [cry.gif]
Thanks for the update Ros, he's a smasher!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
RosC

Re: Kenny Staffie x DofB ?2008 Redhill Foster

Post by RosC »

Kenny is still staying with us and showing us what an amazing boy he is. He is now totally settled and greets me enthusiastically when I come home from work, it is so nice to come home to such a welcome love4.gif
Kenny did have a meeting last weekend. This did give the opportunity for us to see Kenny's perfect dog skills as in the paddock off lead, even when being chased off by the other dog, he backed off and didn't once react, but either ran off or play bowed and tried to be friends.
Kenny has plenty of energy and really looks forward to his walks, he would stay out forever so long as he is with you and loves meeting friends on his adventures.
I really can't fault him, the only (teeny) negatives that I could find to write about him early on have all but disappeared now, no jumping up, no attacking the hoover and no barking at loud noises.
SO, Mr Perfect is looking for a loving home with or without a friend, he just wants to be warm and loved as he so deserves Heart fill with love.gif]
xxlynne

Re: Kenny Staffie x DofB ?2008 Reigate

Post by xxlynne »

Michael & Rachelle and their children Hazel, Lauren and James are celebrating tonight in embracing a dog into their lives for the first time but also rescuing a Staffie and with great heart loving offering an elderly dog their retirement home. Terrific outcome for all and kenny will show them the many benefits dog ownership bring to a family.

Our thanks to Ros and family for taking Kenny in for Christmas and retaining him until he found his family

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”