Patchy Ridgback Crossbreed 19.02.18 Newbury, Berkshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Patchy Ridgback Crossbreed 19.02.18 Newbury, Berkshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
DSCF9643.jpgpatchya.jpg
Patchy's Story: Patchy was loved by his owner, but due to ill health, the owner had to move into a home where he couldn't take Patchy. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Patchy is now neutered, chipped, and is fully vaccinated. Patchy had an operation on his lower eyelids to stop his eye lashes scraping on his eyes. Patchy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF9639.jpgpatchy.jpg
DSCF9654.jpgpatchy.jpg
DSCF9659.jpgpatchy.jpg
Patchy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Urgent call from Patchy's owner who needed to give him up within days but wouldn't give him to an 'unsafe' Rescue.

Patchy came into us on the 27th November 2018
anne

Re: Patchy Ridgback Crossbreed 19.02.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Patchy is wonderful. He is young, playful and bouncy but settled beautifully on his walk. Patchy walked with Louise this morning and Tia and I joined them. Patchy was bouncing around initially, delighted to have a companion but he realised however much he asked her politely to play, Tia was not going to join in his play, so he calmed and walked so nicely with her. He posed for his photos shoot and then delighted in getting cuddles from Louise. What a gorgeous, lovely natured boy.
DSCF9643.jpgpatchya.jpg
DSCF9645.jpgpatchy.jpg
DSCF9648.jpgpatchy.jpg
DSCF9658.jpgpatchy.jpg
John

Post by John »

I had the pleasure of meeting Patchy on Tuesday. His owner had contacted Lynne to take him in as he illness prevented him to keep Patchy. I picked him up with Frankie. He was clearly a much loved boy. He came to us with his bed, favourite comforter blanket and loads of toys. What a lovely dog with a great temperament. He was perfectly behaved in the car with Frankie on the back seat. I think Frankie wanted to take him home there and then.
He was happy to meet Lynne and Clair at Gatwick and stretch his legs in the paddock. Good luck Patchy! thumbs.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Patchy went into our vets on Friday (30th Nov.18) for neuter and review his eyes as they seemed compromised. Whilst under GenAn for neuter our vet operated on his lower eye skin to correct entropion eyes (where the eye lashes are scraping against the eye balls); removing a little skin corrects this. Patchy has to wear a buster collar for the next week to avoid him interfering with the healing process.

Patchy is a calm puppy and is easy to manage ...a supreme temperament.
frankie

Post by frankie »

I walked Patchy with his buster collar on poor baby it was scraping the ground,knocking into all the trees into my legs but we achieved a jaunty if some what hap hazzard walk.Patchy is a lovely boy .I had the pleasure of him sitting in the back of John's car with me when he travelled to kennels.
I just love this boy and If I didn't have that pesky cat (sorry Moll) I would have got John to turn the car around to take him home with me .He's a darling xxx
frankie

Post by frankie »

Oh my darling boy's reserved bless him .Good luck Patchy you are one adorable fur baby your new family are very lucky to have you .And thank you to your new family they'll adore. Good luck big hugs from me xxxx
xxlynne

Re: Patchy Ridgback Crossbreed 19.02.18 Newbury, Berkshire

Post by xxlynne »

Luke and Rachel have been following our Rescue for over a year but today was the day they travelled to meet an RR dog... That dog was Patchy and he delighted them in every way. He fell in love and knew happy days were ahead.

So happy for them all Patchy will have a great life.
Patchyhome.JPG
Patchyhomed.JPG
Chapmania

Re: Patchy Ridgback Crossbreed 19.02.18 Newbury, Berkshire

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Patchy love4.gif xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”