xxlynne

Chalky & Charlie Staffie litter bros DofB 06.06.09 Maidstone Kent

Post by xxlynne » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 pm

Current Status: Homed
DSCF7905.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie
DSCF7915.jpgchalkie.jpg
Chalkie
Chalky & Charlie's Story : Chalky & Charlie have been owned since puppies but sadly they lost their owner to cancer 2 months and no one in the family can take them in: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place. Chalky & Charlie are neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress and have passports. Chalky & Charlie are now in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting their new family
DSCF7893.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie
DSCF7909.jpgchalkie.jpg
Chalkie
PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Chalky & Charlie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
DSCF7874.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie
DSCF7878.jpgchalkie.jpg
Chalkie
DSCF7883.jpgchalkiecharlie.jpg
Chalky & Charlie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. We were asked to take Chalky 7 Charlie in on Saturday as an emergency as the family arrangement made to look after them fell through.

anne

Re: Chalky & Charlie Staffie litter brothers DofB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 am

What a delightful, friendly, playful, fun pair of Staffie's these two are. Jess and I enjoyed meeting them and taking them to the paddock for a play. Both boys enjoyed a run around to stretch their legs and then a play and tug of war with the footballs. Then we went off for an explore through the woods. Both do pull a bit on the lead but it is easily manageable, Charlie seems the more confident one, but both are friendly and enjoy a bit of fuss but they do not demand attention.
DSCF7900.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie
DSCF7875.jpgcharlie.jpg
Charlie
DSCF7918.jpgchalkie.jpg
Chalkie
DSCF7912.jpgchalkie.jpg
Chalkie
DSCF7889.jpgchaliecharlie.jpg
DSCF7887.jpgchalkieCharlie.jpg

xxlynne

Re: Chalky & Charlie Staffie litter bros DofB 06.06.09 Maidstone Kent

Post by xxlynne » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Natalie wanted to help a homeless Staffie...today she helped 2 elderly brothers who have had a really rough and tough year.... happy days ahead.

Thank You Natalie for stepping forwards for this adorable bonded pair
ChalkyCharlie1.JPG
ChalkyCharlie3.JPG
ChalkyCharlie7.JPG

HectorHorse

Charlie and Chalky

Post by HectorHorse » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Hi Everyone - I'm Natalie and I contacted RR less than a week ago to adopt a Staffie. Today I am the proud mummy to the gorgeous Charlie and Chalky angel13.gif]. I arrived today to meet the boys and Lynne with my friend (another Natalie!) and these two bundles of white joy were brought out of the kennels. Clearly up for a sunny morning outside. We were introduced and then took them to the park where they behaved impeccably - we were so impressed; children - no worries, other dogs - not a problem. There was a bit of pulling but only joy at getting out. We came back to the Gatwick centre and Lynne asked me if she should instruct for their kennel to be cleaned out? It was a no-brainer. Nat and I had already fallen in love with these two adorable boys. They strapped in for the long-ish journey home with Nat sandwiched between the two in the back seat. They were as good as gold especially when I put some chillout music on the radio and they promptly fell asleep. And when we got home, it was excitement on a grand scale - neither I think has much experience of stairs and whilst they literally clambered up them, watching them both hurl themselves down was hysterical. No injuries though so all good there. I didn't think it would be possible to get so attached so quickly but we had a power nap on my bed (my brand new bed with brand new bedding and I think we've compromised that sofas are a no go but the bed is ok for the time being. I now have a Chalky asleep and snorking on my left foot and a Charlie asleep and snorking on my right. Chalky is the quieter, cuddle bunny and Charlie is the most exuberant of the two but he loves his cuddles too. Both know "Sit", "Lie Down" and "On Your Bed" commands and both have picked up "Get Down" since arrival. I sat at my dressing table earlier and in a matter of mili-seconds, there was a Chalky ON the dressing table. I sincerely hope, and I will do everything I can, to ensure this is the forever home for these two, beautiful, gentle souls. When I can work out how to upload photos, I shall post some.

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 pm

I am so so happy for you.one staffie is brilliant, two are fantastic.
Love having two . Being the proud mummy of Trixie and Billy I can honestly say they bring joy and laughter every day , and more than that they bring double the love .. enjoy 😊 x

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:35 am

So pleased these older pair didnt spend long in kennels ...thank you :goodjob.gif:

HectorHorse

Post by HectorHorse » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:03 am

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. Double the love definitely. And already protective as they both barked at my neighbour when they saw her yesterday. They are so good :thanks.gif:

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 am

Look forward to lots of happy updates woo.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”