Bruce Staffie DofB 15.03.13 Guildford Kenns

Our smashing Staffordshire Bull Terriers and Staffie crosses available for homing!
xxlynne

Bruce Staffie DofB 15.03.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 am

Current Status: Available
DSCF6763.jpgbruce.jpga.jpg
Bruce's Story: Bruce was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bruce needs an experienced Staffie owner who will support him when meeting other dogs and help to build his confidence. He does meet some dogs well. Bruce is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bruce is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
DSCF6783.jpgbruce.jpg
DSCF6787.jpgbruce.jpg
DSCF6758.jpgbruce.jpg
Bruce's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Lynne we are in desperate straits. Please can you help us out dogs in the pound that need a life line Lx

anne

Re: Bruce Staffie DofB 12.2012 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Bruce is the loveliest, friendliest Staffie boy, you are likely to meet. He is a true credit to his breed.
I got a lovely, cuddly welcome from Bruce this morning. I popped a harness on him and off we went to explore the woods. Bruce walked nicely on the lead, checking out all the new smells along the way. Bruce loves a good old roll about in the grass and tummy tickles. He is connected and responsive and so loving.

anne

Post by anne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 pm

DSCF6755.jpgbruce.jpg
DSCF6768.jpgbruce.jpg
DSCF6784.jpgbruce.jpg

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 pm

I took Bruce out for the first time this afternoon. He really is such a treasure, he has a wonderful affectionate nature. As previously mentioned he does love rolling around on his back and enjoys having his tummy stroked. Bruce walks at a good pace without pulling. He certainly would make a great companion. I do hope he will find his forever home very soon. love4.gif

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 pm

xxlynne

Re: Bruce Staffie DofB 15.03.2013 Orpington Kent

Post by xxlynne » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:01 pm

(Since returned)

Bruce came to join in with other Staffies being shown to Barry, Michelle, Daniel and Niamh. Slowly... quietly... he stole the show and as I looked over to him, he had a twinkle in his eyes and a huge Staffie grin
Brucehomed.JPG
Brucehomed1.JPG

xxlynne

Re: Bruce Staffie DofB 15.03.2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by xxlynne » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Bruce a month in his home and was doing wonderfully but his nerves began to kick in with high dog density and he needs Staffie experienced owners to support him with his dog encounters... he meets most dogs really well. We will continue to work with him in Guildford and so he gains confidence in formal walks

Rob T

Post by Rob T » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:05 pm

What a wonderful example of a true small muscle packed staffie, with all the qualities one looks for. Gentle,kind and loving. If he has issues with some dogs this can be overcome with an experienced owner. I think he is fantastic... and I haven't even taken him out yet.

Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Met Bruce yesterday for the first time and he was very dejected in his kennel but still welcomed me with such love and affection.

He is a proper, dinky, short legged Staff with THE most beautiful face.

Somebody, somewhere has loved and trained this lad at some point as he is soooo well behaved.
He walks beautifully on a very loose lead and confidently walked in a busy, noisy town environment yesterday.
He does a lovely sit and paw and after walkies both yesterday and today, I told him to get into his bed which he duly did allowing me to easily exit his kennel.

We haven’t met any off lead dogs but we have walked close by a good few on lead dogs with a respect for space and Bruce has shown no reaction whatsoever being more interested in what his human is saying.

Today we went to the paddock for a run around where I discovered Bruce loves a game of retrieve the ball, always bringing the ball back.
What he loves more than fetch though is company and cuddles! I sat down on a chair, asked Bruce if he would like a cuddle to which he duly leaped onto my knee and sat quite happily for ages enjoying my chat (ahem) until it was time to go back to his kennel.

This lad is so skilled and so deserves a forever home with people who realise what a complete superstar he truly is.
72D3BFB9-C88F-4A0D-A8CD-87B78F5FC749.jpeg
Bruce’s serious face!

Nurse Flo

Re: Bruce Staffie DofB 15.03.13 Bury St Edmunds

Post by Nurse Flo » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:08 pm

(Since returned)
Patrick had an early start to meet Bruce at 10am in Guildford today but I think he thinks it was worth it.
He saw how very well behaved Bruce was on the lead with his kennel friends close by, saw his ball retrieval skills in the paddock, his fabulous “look at me”, sit and paw and then to cap it off, a wander around Guildford with Bruce showing off his impeccable lead walking manners.

I wasn’t sure how Bruce was going to be in a car but the ink was barely dry on the Adoption papers, the car door was opened and in flew Bruce as if it had been his very own car for ever!

Good luck to you both in your new life together.
8E4FF2A4-31CE-4C02-9B9E-59DB42C94497.jpeg

Return to “2. STAFFIE RESCUE”