Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Sidcup Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Sidcup Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Marshall74.JPG
Marshall's Story: Marshall was found neglected, living in a storage area. He came out of a home, skin and bone, with the collar around his neck showing massive weight loss. He was stinking of urine and covered in faeces. He came into our Rescue as an emergency, and was driven 200 miles to bring him into safety. His original owners stated that they were going to put him to sleep. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place, saving his life. We homed Marshall briefly, but he was returned to us due to his former owner's health concerns. Marshall is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Marshall was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Marshall75.jpeg
Marshall76.jpeg
Marshalls' progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Marshall was referred to us by a person who follows our Rescue work.
Marshall2.JPG
Marshall1.JPG
CarolynRob

Re: Marshall Mastiff x Staffie DofB 12.12.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by CarolynRob »

Lynne one of the most beautiful people in rescue. Within 60 seconds of me asking for help with this boy- she had replied saying yes. A true guardian angel of the doggy world.

Thank you as always for stepping up so many times for dogs who are put to sleep without a second thought by their callous owners and who you and your wonderful team turn around and give them a second chance at a wonderful life. Words cannot express how much I adore this amazing lady. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif

Your new life starts now sweetheart. angel13.gif] angel13.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi:
anne

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Marshall this morning by Lynne. He is nervous which is understandable but he is also trusting and friendly and it did not take long to make friends in the paddock. Then off for a walk and Marshall took his time, sniffing and marking as he went. We stopped to investigate the poets hut and Marshall was not shy jumping up onto the sofa next to me and giving me little kisses and a face wash. Having cemented our friendship we carried on our walk. Marshall is a stunning boy and as he gains confidence and fills out, he will be even more amazing.
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF6234.jpgmarshall.jpg
DSCF6240.jpgmarshall.jpg
DSCF6242.jpgmarshall.jpg
DSCF6253.jpgmarshall.jpg
ClareDoods

Post by ClareDoods »

I was alerted to this boys plight yesterday morning. I contacted a wonderful lady, and she asked Lynne if she could help, she said yes!
I worked all yesterday with an amazing group of ladies and we got the gorgeous Marshall safely to rescue.
Marshall has absolutely won everyones hearts, he just wants cuddles.
We love you Marshall, and you will have your forever home soon. You are safe now boy, and you are loved, you will never be neglected again beautiful
RosC

Post by RosC »

I was lucky enough to walk Marshall on Saturday. He was very bouncy when we entered the kennel and rolled around like a loon when me and Ella were putting his harness on but it was just excitement at people coming to say hello. He walks so nicely once out and doesn't pull on the lead. He is very friendly and loves cuddles and a fuss. He needs to fill out a bit, but that will happen now he is being cared for properly.
He will be very popular with the walkers but I don't think he will be around long love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of walking Marshall today. He is an amazing boy which makes it the more harder to understand the need for his dreadful past treatment. Marshall was a little bouncy in his kennel but that was because he was so pleased to see me and to find out that he was going out for a walk. Once out of his kennel, he immediately calmed down and walked like a dream. I was expecting him to be a bit of a puller but he was anything but. The paddock was free so we went in there first. Marshall was quite happy to have a run round and have a bit of a sniff. We played ball for a while and then he found a kong to play with. He enjoyed going on our woodland walk and then in the Poets Hut for cuddles and a bit of time to relax. We set off again and Marshall was a good boy with passing traffic, crossing the road and passing other people and dogs. He is a very laid back boy. Marshall has excellent manners and will sit and stay and take treats very gently. This boy deserves the chance of a new start in a home where he will be loved and cherished. I hope Marshall isn't waiting too long. Love him love4.gif xx
20180909_131248.jpg
20180909_132249.jpg
Attachments
20180909_132255.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

What a stunner! Fiona and I met Marshall today and he is a gorgeous boy. He walked so well, didn't pull and wasn't at all phased by the two passing horses. He gently leaned into me for reassurance and strokes and then happily went on his way. He does a great 'sit' and gives you his paw. He loves sausages and once he knows you have them will stop and offer you a paw without you even having to ask for it! A total pleasure to walk. He has a great temperament, calm and chilled when out and about and when returned to the kennels walked through like a true gent. I hope he flies out of kennel life soon. X love4.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Marshall is a stunning boy. It is so good to see him putting on weight gradually, he looks so much healthier than when he arrived. He has an amazing temperament and is so friendly and playful but walks along without pulling on the lead. Being such a well behaved dog I took him for a walk with a potential volunteer and she thought he was lovely.
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

I've walked this sweet boy a few times now and he strikes me as a very sensible, gentle young man with a big heart. I bet he will be a real stunner when he has filled out, too!
Most of the videos used in the compilation below are from my most recent walk with him which ended in a visit to the paddock. He was comfortable enough to press up against me, before having a snooze on the grass. I ended up staying there with him for a good 20 minutes as it was so nice to see him decompress and relax in my company. What a lovely boy - one of those I would definitely scoop up without a second thought if I were able!

Good luck finding your forever home Marshall! I hope it will erase all the neglect you've experienced in the past angel13.gif] love4.gif

Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”