Dennis Terrier x ?Staffie DofB 2008 - 22nd August 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Dennis Terrier x ?Staffie DofB 2008 - 22nd August 2021

Post by xxlynne »

Dennis1.JPG
22nd August 2021: the very unique and fabulous Dennis passed peacefully during the night, a much adored family member he was also the eyes for Hope the blind rescue the family adopted Laura, Dan and Leah
Dennis.jpg
Dennis' Thread Below:
Current Status: Homed Dennis' Story : Dennis was seized by Social Services due to his living conditions and predicament. He had untreated flea allergy ++: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Dennis isnow neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. He is the size of a Staffie with a gentle terrier demeanour. Dennis was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Dennis' thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Dennis2.JPG
Dennis4.JPG
Dennis' progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 9.7.18: Please help can anyone save just one of the dogs below:
(We saved Denis & Bronson) Dennis is a male crossbreed who is approx 10 years old. He has been poorly kept in the past in rough conditions and social services have been involved. Dennis does not have any teeth (they have been removed). Spends a lot of time being vocal /growling. We don't think he means to be, he can be very sweet loving and engaging once he gets to know you.
He can be stressed and unsure but doesn't help how he has been living, but does love company and attention. He can kennel guard but once he is out of his kennel he calms down a lot. He used to live with another dog but he bullied and ordered it around. Dennis needs out NOW to save his life.
Denis.jpg
heleny

Re: Dennis Terrier x ?Staffie DofB 2008 Gatwick Kenns

Post by heleny »

Life is just so unfair. Poor Dennis, what an awful life he seems to have led. He will be fine now with Rescue Remedies - can't wait to meet him next week. Hopefully, the home he deserves will turn up soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Dennis is rather dashing, just look at that ruffle of fur around his neck love4.gif
DSC06180.JPG
DSC06164.JPG
DSC06176.JPG
Very distinguished gentleman is Dennis thumbs.gif
DSC06165.JPG
DSC06169.JPG
DSC06170.JPG
DSC06171.JPG
DSC06178.JPG
DSC06182.JPG
DSC06162.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
heleny

Post by heleny »

:thanks.gif: for those lovely, amazing photos of Dennis. I am becoming so fond of this quirky, good natured gentleman. He and I had a great walk today - quite fast but with plenty of sniffs. It was a lovely day and Dennis enjoyed being outside. Once back in his pen he snaffled lots of sausages and reluctantly let me leave him. I shall look forward to our next walk Dennis and meanwhile will keep my fingers crossed that your lucky human finds you soon and takes you home. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

I walked Dennis for the first time today, what sweet boy. He walks really well on the lead no pulling, he is interested in his surroundings. He is very responsive when calling his name, just love him. I just hope that his forever home comes soon, he so deserves his own sofa. :smiley-dance017.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we walked the v friendly mini lion impersonator dennis on sunday - last time i saw him he was looking a little bit down in the dumps but he seems a lot happier now and was v eager to get out and about and seemed to really enjoy his walk - looking forward to taking this topdog out again

P1010902.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

What a totally amazing photo of lion king Dennis! Thank you. 0093.gif :thanks.gif: We had a great walk today - he is such a laid back chap and just totally lovable. It was hot and so we walked through the shade in the wood and Dennis had loads of sniffs. I love his greeting - now he knows me - and when I pass on my treat run he always lets me know he's there and he could manage a sausage or two. Love him! Hope he's homed soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

nice to see this sweet boy in the reserved section - good luck topdoggie
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Everything crossed here for you dennis love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:goodluck.gif: Dennis xx