Pepper Aust. Shep. DofB 23.06.15 Colwall, Herefordshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Pepper Aust. Shep. DofB 23.06.15 Colwall, Herefordshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Peppermint.jpg
Pepper's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a South London council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life and she came 24.05.18 into our care. Peppermint is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Pepper was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick; Pepper was in foster with Max an RR Collie x for a week, then homed for a few months with another dog. She can be reactive on her walk and so is now muzzle-trained for busy areas.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Pepper's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Peppermint4.jpg
Peppermint3.jpg
Pepper's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 21.05.18: Sending in hope Chipped as pepper female approx 4/5 yrs old. Not keen on other dogs in the pound, nervous when she first meets you but lovely when she feels safe. Very clever girl! Doesn’t like being groomed. She is a sweetie though Found in South London. Louise
Pepper.JPG
Pepper1.JPG
Chapmania

Re: Pepper Australian Shep. DofB 23.06.15 Comes 24th

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Pepper love4.gif xx
xxlynne

Re: Peppermint Australian Shep. DofB 23.06.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Peppermint arrived in with us today. She was very frightened in the vets so my vet called and asked could I collect whilst she was still drowsy as it may be difficult to manage her post op. I met her soon after she had begun to come around from the Gen An when she was spayed. She came slowly out and I lifted her into a crate into my dog mobile. She came quietly out the other end about an hour later spend 15 mins in the paddock and received Helen well in the paddock and was led to her kennel. She stood in front of her bed for sometime rather than getting in her bed. Sad times for Peppermint a little 'lost at sea' currently
anne

Re: Pepper Australian Shep. DofB 23.06.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I saw Pepper in her kennel this morning and she was growling at people who stood near her kennel. Slowly through the day the kennel girls befriended her and by this afternoon Ella brought her out and she met me politely and was relaxed enough to go for a walk around the woods. She is still a little nervous of sudden movement, particularly if the leads flick near her but she was trusting enough to accept fuss and then gave me a lovely cuddle, sitting very close up to my leg like you see the working sheep dogs do with their handlers. Pepper has made amazing progress in just a couple of days with us.
The attachment DSCF3833.jpgpeppermint.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
DSCF3833.jpgpeppermint.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3835.jpgpeppermint.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3836.jpgpeppermint.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3838.jpgpeppermint.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3844.jpgpeppermint.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3848.jpgpeppermint.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

I am a big Australian Shepherd fan so I made a beeline to walk Pepper yesterday. Oh what a girl she is. A very easy walk as she just mooches along enjoying being in the fresh air. She wasn't too keen on the muddier paths which I did find funny!

Back at the kennels we sat down on the grass and Pepper was immediately sitting on me and rolling around wanting belly rubs and cuddles. Ros came over to say hello and got the same lovely reception from Pepper! This girl just adores people and takes no time showing it. She is so cuddly and utterly beautiful.

I hope I get to walk her again but I don't think I will get the chance as she will hopefully be off to forever-home-land, or the other walkers will want to get in first and walk this diamond of a dog!
2018-05-26 12.50.28.jpg
Last edited by SarahW on Sun 27 May 2018 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”