Misty Greyhound DofB 06.16 Uckfield East Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
Fred R

Re: Misty Greyhound DofB 06.16 Temp Foster Reading

Post by Fred R »

Misty did indeed settle down with me upstairs - on my bed. :thanks.gif:

Misty enjoying the cool of the morning.
P1000798(2).JPG
But preferred indoors once it got too hot. Since there are folding umbrellas why can't greyhounds have folding legs? 0002.gif]
P1000799(2).JPG
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Lazy Saturday morning, Misty enjoying the sunshine and playing with her favourite tennis ball. love4.gif
P1000800(2).JPG
P1000802(2).JPG
P1000803(2).JPG
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

One way to keep a cool head in this heat. :cool.gif:
P1000808(2).JPG
P1000809(2).JPG
Misty continues to settle down nicely. Misty and I agree that the current heat wave is just a bit too much. Anyone looking for a gentle, affectionate hound should take a closer look at our Misty. But anyone expecting the full-on staffie face washes should look elsewhere. Misty's gentle licks? Well, think diaphanous butterfly wings and you are getting close. Misty so wants to love and be loved. Anyone lucky enough to adopt her will have the most undemanding yet most faithful and loyal companion. Love this girl love together.gif]
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

The blackberrying season is about to start - with Misty first in the queue. woo.gif] :goodjob.gif:
P1000812(2).JPG
Misty is still waiting patiently for her new family to find her. :crossfingers.gif: Why not fill in the homing questionnaire now: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

I had been told that Misty was very people-friendly. Just how friendly she is took me by surprise. As soon as my friend turned up this morning it was nothing but wagging tail, cuddles, zoomies - with me not getting a look-in. crying1.gif]
P1000819(2).JPG
P1000823(2).JPG
P1000825(2).JPG
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

There must be somebody out there who would want me. I promise to be good. thumbs.gif
P1000817(2).JPG
P1000818(2).JPG
Unfortunately Misty's break from kennels is coming to an end this weekend. Misty is the most gentle, good-natured and affectionate of dogs. A sensitive soul, she is easy to have around, obedient, undemanding, isn't a barker, housetrained, doesn't require lots of walkies, just somewhere to show she is a genuine "Fortymph Couch Potato". Not an early riser and will happily sleep all the hours God sends - unless you want to play fetch when you don't have to ask her twice. Misty sleeps on her duvet on the floor next to my bed (10 pm to 7 am). Although she doesn't beg, anything tasty lying about within easy reach is hers. As for prey drive: If there is a pigeon at the bottom of the garden she saunters leisurely towards it by which time the pigeon has taken off - to Misty's great relief. If there's a cat sitting on the fence looking down at Misty, nine out of ten she doesn't even bother to get up. Anyone who loves greyhounds couldn't fail to fall in love with gentle, beautiful Misty. If you can offer Misty a forever home why not fill in the homing questionnaire now: https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/ You won't regret it. Love this angel13.gif] love4.gif
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Another visitor - who of course was greeted like any other long-lost friend. Misty seems to adore humanity, as simple as that. :cool.gif:
WP_20180719_10_09_30_Pro.jpg
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Just had an email with this unsolicited testimonial from a friend who had met Misty . . .  she is the easiest dog of yours I have come across. . . . What else is there to say! thumbs.gif love4.gif
P1000827(2).JPG
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Misty is now at Guildford and I was very lucky to walk this lovely greyhound today. She is so easy and dainty / handsome. I had front paws up on me to give me a kiss and then back down to stand for harness on. We walked up towards the Losley direction with a bit of quiet shady road and midway stop just to sit and relax. On tight paths she would walk alongside sooo close to heal and even when there was more space available she would not go far from my side. We had a little jog (Misty trotted) and she was just so serene and gentle.
Misty.jpg
Route back we meet a couple of ramblers who started talking to me as they started to appear (path was a bit overgrown) and then their cocker spaniel appeared as if by magic ....... Misty just looked down, the cocker spaniel looked up and absolutely nothing form both, they just went and sniffed the undergrowth. Misty is a gem and perfect for a those looking for an easy dog who makes you feel special instantly. love4.gif
Last edited by LindaS on Sun 22 Jul 2018 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Linda, :thanks.gif: for taking my favourite girl for a walk today. She has a habit of leaning into you when walking. It's easy to step on her dainty toes! Give my angel13.gif] a special hug from me, please. :thanks.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”