Blaze (Flake) Husky DofB ?01.17 Maidenhead Berks

Dogs that have found their forever home
nada.c

Re: Flake Husky DofB ?01.17 Guildford Kenns

Post by nada.c »

Flake and I went out today for a cooling walk along the river. He was really keen to say hello all the people we passed today, making me think he must be missing his family. When we got back to kennels, Flake sat nicely so I could comb out his silky coat for him. I saw that his food bowl was still full so I asked him to sit and placed it down for him - which prompted him to start eating. Such a well mannered and gently affectionate boy angel13.gif]
EBFE3345-62B6-4C2C-8B08-E0FF33F2A60A.jpeg
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Flake and I are becoming firm friends! On Wednesday he greeted me with a happy Husky dance when I entered his kennel and practically harnessed himself by putting his head through the harness (he's come a long way from being harness shy thumbs.gif). We then went for a shady walk along the river where he took several dips in the water. Along our walk we came across several people, all of whom he was keen to say hello to, and he sat nicely every time another dog passed us by. Back at his kennel, he was very keen to be brushed and cuddled, and of course get some treats. Flake is such a well mannered and friendly boy, I cannot fathom how he ended up in kennels. Flake such a pleasure to be with - let's hope his forever home comes soon angel13.gif]
IMG_4883.jpg
IMG_4884.JPG
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Flake today, he was no problem to harness this time and really enjoyed paddling in the river at every opportunity. There were lots of other dogs about including some off lead and he virtually ignored them, he was so good. He didn’t seem too bothered by the heat but we stayed in the shade and didn’t go too far.
5EE90458-36EC-44F9-8CD7-B8ED5E17EDAB.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk and paddle with Flake today. He is a real fan of the water. He was his usual placid self and ignored other dogs and people. He was great to harness and take in and out, a total pleasure to spend time with.
CC5F64B1-AC60-4C77-A01A-74857D6C1DDA.jpeg
08E95434-CCB4-4555-9B05-FD48EDB552D4.jpeg
FranB

Post by FranB »

Flake’s patience was tested today by an off lead spaniel that kept buzzing around whilst it’s gormless human seemed to be communicating with Mars on her mobile, oblivious to everyone else. Flake did very well, he was not at all aggressive but just really wanted to play and say hello and he did get a bit strong but not for long, he was soon distracted by the river. He enjoyed a nice deep paddle in the water and met a much better behaved off lead older collie very nicely, just a sniff and off he went. It was way too warm to run but Flake would love Canicross. He is a lovely dog with such a nice nature and of course, very handsome love4.gif
13D7DD96-702B-4B6A-A67F-CA7D34F1E1A5.jpeg
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180713_160701.jpg
Flake such a stunning boy !!
FranB

Post by FranB »

Lovely walk with Flake yesterday. We passed two older labradors and he really wanted to stop and play but he was soon distracted by the thought of jumping into the water, which he did on several occasions. It was so hot so we stuck to paddling and sitting on the riverbank.
50A94610-04FC-4181-B507-D0E28027C804.jpeg
A3C89DB7-1517-4B2A-95DE-FEFF0541441D.jpeg
1F8A27A9-3CC2-453A-98E7-397F4FA467DF.jpeg
Flake has such a lovely nature and he really enjoyed watching boats and people going up the river and he was also happy to show off how handsome he is.
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

My first walk with Flake was great. Yes the attaching of the harness wasn’t straight forward as he kept ducking out of the way but once done he behaved impeccably not bothering about other dogs or cattle. Loved the river cool down showing off his good looks to the people on the other bank
flake.jpg
A lovely boy deserving of a loving home.
natdugdale

Post by natdugdale »

Such a gorgeous boy! Amazed he is still with us, he's a great character and totally handsome love4.gif
Volunteer as a walker with us!
Visit our Instagram page for weekly photos of our dogs! @rescueremediesdogrescue :)
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

Flake is an absolute pleasure to walk! Happy to see you in his kennel, responsive to commands and friendly with everyone. He is gorgeous inside and out angel13.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”