Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Ryde IOW

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Ryde IOW

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Luke1.JPG
Luke's Story: Luke was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Luke has been cat tested and could possibly live with a cat. We rehomed Luke briefly, but sadly, he was returned to us, due to a relationship breakdown. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Luke is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Luke was in boarding kennels nr Guildford whilst he awaits his new home.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Luke2.JPG
Luke3.JPG
Luke's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
28.05.18: Hi Lynne can you squeeze a few in as we are absolutely bursting here..."Luke, has waited far too long for a Rescue place. Male Staffie x, 3 y.o. Bouncy boy but super friendly, typical staffie!
Luke.jpeg
anne

Re: Luke Staffie DofB 1/02/2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Lively, friendly, busy boy. I got a very friendly welcome from Luke today and we had a lovely wander around the woods. He will blossom in our rescue and be loved by the walkers while he waits for his forever home.
DSCF3347.jpgluke.jpg
DSCF3346.jpgluke.jpg
Last edited by anne on Fri 04 May 2018 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
Sarahk

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 1/02/2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Luke is gorgeous indeed, feast your eyes on his loveliness love4.gif
DSC03438.JPG
DSC03450.JPG
and there's more ...
DSC03426.JPG
DSC03429.JPG
DSC03433.JPG
DSC03434.JPG
DSC03437.JPG
DSC03455.JPG
DSC03452.JPG
DSC03423.JPG
DSC03424.JPG
DSC03440.JPG
DSC03441.JPG
DSC03442.JPG
DSC03446.JPG
DSC03451.JPG
and having fun with Anne thumbs.gif
DSC03430.JPG
blob6.gif] blob6.gif] blob6.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

Luke was a very easy walk today. Very friendly and loves a cuddle as you can see from the other photos. He walked very nicely, not pulling and seemed OK around dogs that we passed. Lovely boy love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

2CC20FC9-A793-4744-BA41-550D4DAFF9B6.jpeg
4ADB69C5-0556-4E3E-BB01-A0FE5DEEBBF9.jpeg
32F77F99-4EE9-4D77-9ADA-3CAD67B92160.jpeg
FF9CB6BD-C045-4486-9D1D-48F84647B9AC.jpeg
Lovely Luke - what a pleasure it was to meet him today. Easy boy to walk, pulled but nothing unmanageable - after 10 minutes he was fine. Unsure of some passing dogs but fine with others - totally calm with Tyson (staffie) and waited patiently while I talked to Jake who was walking him. Every time I stopped to take a photo - Luke saw this as an invitation for cuddles and kisses - he even gave my phone a lick!!! After our walk we stopped at the poets hut. He was laying next to me, legs in the air, having his belly stroked - such a friendly, trusting boy. Xx
anne

Re: Luke Staffiex DofB 01.02.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Luke is a beautiful boy with very soft fur who loves humans and adores cuddles. He is a total delight to spend time with. We had a lovely walk this morning. He is busy but as Pegmilly has said, easily manageable. Luke is such an engaging boy who will make a wonderful companion for some lucky person.
DSCF3533.jpgluke.jpg
DSCF3534.jpgluke.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Luke's cat and chicken test

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I took Luke for a walk this morning. He really is a lovely, soft dog. It may have been the humid weather, but I didn't even notice him on the end of the lead. No pulling, a gentle walk and affectionate snuggles each time we stopped. Love him!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

I met and walked Luke for the first time this weekend and will defintely be requesting to walk him again. He is surprisingly small and slender for a staffie but his personality is 100% staffie.

We went walking with Jenn and patterdale terrier Scruffy - at first Luke was interested in scruffy, he didnt bark at all but he would regularly stop and check that scruffy was keeping up. He seemed very keen to meet him and didnt show any signs of aggression. After 10 minutes or so he was happily walking along and not paying Scruffy any mind.
IMG_2384_opt.jpg
Despite the heat Luke absolutely loves to run, we did some short runs and then sat waiting for Jenn and Scruffy to catch up - as soon as I sat down he jumped straight into my lap - hes a very affectionate little dude.

After our walk I took Luke into the paddock so he could run off the lead but instead he chose to sit in the shade with me - he definitely adores people!
Gareth.C

Post by Gareth.C »

I took Little Luke out for another walk/run this weekend - and once again he was very easy to walk, very affectionate and didn't pull on the lead. We took a quieter route this time so I could have Luke on a longer lead which was a bit easier for running - Luke absolutely loves to run. Every time we slowed back down to walking pace Luke would turn around and come straight over for a cuddle.
IMG_2419_opt.jpg
We passed a number of dogs (all on leads) and Luke was very wary of some of them but then completely uninterested in others. Back in his kennel he jumped straight into my lap for a scratch and was very sad when I left - it's always sad leaving dogs like Luke who so obviously love human company. I hope he finds his home soon.
IMG_2423_opt.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”