Maisie Greyhound Lurcher DofB 2010 Eastbourne

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Maisie Greyhound Lurcher DofB 2010 Eastbourne

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Maisie.jpg
Maisie's Story: Maisie was originally rescued by her owner from a large rescue centre. Sadly her owner died, and the owner's son had been unable to find a safe 'no kill' rescue for her, so had been paying boarding kennels while he continued his search. Maisie has a small lump in her eye, so no rescue would take her. We heard about her in April 2018, and willingly agreed to make her safe and prepare her for her new home. We rehomed Maisie in May 2018, but sadly, her owner became very ill, and in November 2018 had to give Maisie up. We will keep her safe again until she finds her forever home. Maisie is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance, and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Maisie34.jpg
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Maisie's progress through our Rescue is below.
Original Referral information: 28.04.18 Approached by kennel owner when collecting another dog - if there is any way we would help Maisie who has a ?cancerous tumour in her eye. She is 8 years old and all Rescues have refused. Her owner died and her son is not prepared to place her with a Rescue where she is at risk of being put to sleep.

We took Maisie into our care after agreement from her owner.
Chapmania

Re: Maisie Greyhound Lurcher DofB 2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Maisie love4.gif

Maisie was laying quietly in her basket when I went to get her for her walk. As soon as she saw me she came running over with her tail wagging. Maisie is an extremely friendly girl, walks well on the lead. Traffic isn't an issue and she crosses the roads well. Has high prey drive as you might expect, squirrels were definitely an attraction for her as was a cat that we saw. I found Maisie a dream to walk as she is so graceful and she is very responsive to her walker. An absolute dream to walk. Maisie is going to be very popular with our walkers! Love her love4.gif xx

I am sure that Ann or Sarah K will post up some smashing photos of Maisie in due course but for now please make do with my photos and meet our little beauty.
20180429_140413.jpg
20180429_140418.jpg
20180429_140428.jpg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked beautiful Maisie on Wednesday in very wet weather! She was such a good girl. So happy to see me, so easy to harness up and so good on lead. We walked with Keisha and Tilley who were with Geoff and the little girls were very happy to have Maisie join them and she really liked having doggy company on her walk. She liked the girls to be ahead of her so she could see them, and when we got ahead because the girls had stopped for a sniff, we had to wait because Maisie was anxious they were being kept behind! She is an absolute poppet.
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Met Maisie yesterday.
A real gem, very easy to walk. Gentle girl very relaxing to be with, the perfect companion.
93E18A14-B80D-48B8-9659-D0662CA0C853.jpeg
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Judy

Post by Judy »

I took the lovely Maisie out today for the first time, what a dream of a girl. She was easy to take in and out of kennel block with no reaction to the other dogs barking. She is just so graceful, I hardly realised I had her at the end of the leads. When we got back her food was ready for her in her kennel she didn't mind me taking her harness and leads off whilst she was eating. She is very responsive and affectionate. I do hope she will find her forever home very soon. love4.gif
jonandsarah

Post by jonandsarah »

I walked Maisie today, she was quite bouncy in the kennel so I put her harness on, but once out she was very gentle and a joy to walk. She doesn't pull, but does take an interest in things and has a spring in her step. She seemed very content. When barked at by some local dogs, she ignored them, but did get into a bit of a quarrel with her neighbour when I went to put her back in, but only as she was being provoked! She's a lovely lady and I hope someone snaps her up. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif:
Yvesboz

Post by Yvesboz »

Took Maisie out today.
Pass the initial excitement to get ready to go out, she was an angel during the walk. Very gentle, always keeping no tension on the lead and walking perfectly by my side..the perfect girl.
A611D8FC-9295-4ABE-983A-BE74580673D0.jpeg
We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
heleny

Post by heleny »

I walked Maisie for the first time yesterday - wow, what an absolute pleasure she is to walk and what a great time we spent in the woods. Maisie and I had previously exchanged words and treats though her pen door and I feel that we did indeed know each other before the walk. She loves being outside, sniffing, walking reasonably fast but always near your heels. She is lovely - let's hope someone else sees her inner beauty and outward grace for what it is and offers her a home very soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

I had a lovely walk with Maisie this afternoon, she is such a pleasure to walk, so easy in every way. We did have a loose small dog running up to us barking, Maisie understandably growled slightly but as soon as the owner had the dog under control Maisie carried on as if nothing had happened. What a super star. love4.gif
Judy

Post by Judy »

What a pleasure it is to take this lovely girl for a walk. It was a wet rainy afternoon not that Maisie was bothered she was just pleased to be out and about. When we were walking through the woods Maisie spotted a fox which she would have loved to have had a closer look at. Despite being very interested she wasn't desperate to chase but stood watching for a short while. Such a gorgeous gentle girl. Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”