Maisie Greyhound Lurcher DofB 2010 Eastbourne

Dogs that have found their forever home
kathy jones

Re: Maisie Greyhound Lurcher DofB 2010 Eastbourne

Post by kathy jones »

Hello GSD lover!

Me too! (fond memories of past GSDs), but Maisie lurcher stole my heart .... Butchers Hole is great for the houndies so would be lovely to meet up sometime. All best, Kathy and maisie xx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] I am so pleased that Maisie is now in her forever home :goodjob.gif: Maisie. You worked your magic very quickly 0002.gif] :thanks.gif: Kathy xx :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif] :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-dance017.gif: blob6.gif]
kathy jones

Post by kathy jones »

Well, she has one of those faces didn't she? Fab news is that she's had a full ophthalmic exam and her eye condition is manageable and not life limiting... Go Maisie!! xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Nothing could make me happier than this homing. I love Maisie. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: blob6.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif:
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Hello Lynne,

How lovely to hear from you!

Maisie Moo is doing really well.

Her eye condition continues to remain stable - my ophthalmic vet calls her a true success story!

She’s had a couple of dentals (typical greyhound type manky teeth) and a couple of inpatient stays as she really struggled after catching the horrid gastric bug that did the rounds this year and the one before that. Healthwise, the only other issue is age related neurological impairment which means that her hind legs don’t always keep up and so she will sometimes miss a stride, and she has a bit of acid reflux which I’m controlling with smaller more frequent meals. I don’t know if I mentioned that I work for an orthopaedic vet, but he gave her a once over for me and said that she had absolutely no signs whatsoever of arthritis which is brilliant - only thing he could find was a probable old toe fracture which causes her no discomfort except that I am mindful to avoid uneven stony surfaces. She is in pretty good shape for her age which is probably around 12 now?
Maisie5.jpg
Big picture is that she is enjoying life and home comforts. We usually walk for about 30 mins on the Downs each morning and weather permitting, we sit down to gaze into the distance (she like to gaze!), but it was a bit drizzly today so we had a mooch and sniff along the seafront instead. We went up on the Downs in the evening to avoid the noise of fireworks last week (she’s not overly bothered but there was a nearby public display) and my goodness, she got very enthused walking in the dark by torchlight which makes me think there is a bit of a history of lamping maybe? Terrible around sheep (even growling and barking from the car if we drive past), so again, I think there may be a history.

As I write she is snuggled up on the sofa with a full tummy. She loves to sit outside in the sun and so I’ve enclosed a photo taken only a couple of days ago in my sun trap garden. I’m not so good with computer stuff but after I’ve sent this, I’ll take a photo of her tonight so that you are completely up to date.

Lovely to hear from you again and if there is anything else that you would like to know, just ask.
Maisie6.jpg
Regards

Kathy and Maisie

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”