Grumio (Hughie) Mastiff x pup DofB 12.17 Arnold Nottingham

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
SarahW

Re: Hughie Mastiff x pup DofB 12.17 Richmond Foster

Post by SarahW » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 am

They look like different dogs! They really are looking fabulous. :thanks.gif: love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Nikki Edwards

Post by Nikki Edwards » Mon May 07, 2018 12:41 pm

IMG_1633.jpg
Well we have had a rather busy week, so not had time to post much. Hughie is now really confident out and about, the busy roads don't bother him at all. As before he is always keen to say hello to everyone with a wagging tail. He will lap up all the attention he can get. Doing brilliantly on the house training and really knows the command 'sit'. A couple of photos, one 'helping' me in the garden. He takes empty plastic plant pots and runs off with them, they are the best toy. Hughie on the left with his brother Alfie on the right. The second photo is of him enjoying all the attention from a group of hockey girls in the heat, sitting in my daughter's lap.
IMG_1641.jpg

xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Wow these frail little pups are become healthy little men. Everything about them is changing with your care Nikki THANK YOU for being there for them when they most needed you

xxlynne

Re: Hughie Mastiff x pup DofB 12.17 Arnold Nottingham

Post by xxlynne » Sat May 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Hughie is discovering his new life today after meeting Mandy & her son Jamie...

Our thanks goes to Nikki who has nursed Hughie back to health with her family. Nikki will share all

Nikki Edwards

Post by Nikki Edwards » Sun May 13, 2018 11:49 am

Such a pleasure to meet Mandy and her son Jamie, Leanne, Amelia and Rosie the dog yesterday. But the one most pleased to meet them was Hughie. He fell in love with them all immediately, he showed very good manners in saying hello to everyone. Jamie has said that he settled in well and had a good first night. I know that he will have a wonderful life with his new loving family. While bittersweet to let him go, it is so rewarding to see him going to such a lovely home. A couple of pictures from Jamie included, out with Rosie on the first day, stopping for a kiss with Leanne, and then out this morning making new friends.
:havefun.gif:
Hughie 1.png
Hughie 2.png

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Sun May 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Loving his new sofa.. love4.gif
hugh.jpg

SarahW

Post by SarahW » Mon May 14, 2018 7:01 am

So pleased for Hughie. Thank you Mandy, Jamie, Leanne, Amelia and Rosie dog for giving Hughie his forever home. He is a brilliant boy and has shown how far he has come in his time in foster. Thanks Nikki for all you have done to prepare him for his forever home! :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: 0093.gif :havefun.gif:
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

hughiesdad

Post by hughiesdad » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi everyone!! I hope your all well!!

Well Hughie (Now Grumio) is doing really well!! He is currently on the Kennel Club Bronze award course for good citizen and then will undertake silver and bronze and then he will be training to be a assistance dog for my Mum, hes such a good boy and we cant thankyou all enough for what you did for the brothers (Alfie and Hughie).

He is a very active dog, loves his walks, loves meeting other doggies and captures the hearts of everyone he meets.

Bit of sad news he has got to have a little operation now he's grown up a bit his eyelids have turned and because his eye lashes are now growing they are causing a few small issues ,but the vet is happy that a small op will sort this, hes going next friday then when he turns one he will be neutered aswell. But it hasnt spoiled his fun loving attitude and even when at the vets the recepcionist called a nurse down just to come and stroke him because in her words "He's just too damn cute".

Anyway ill keep you all updated with pics in the future, i hope everyone is well.

P.S Thankyou once again to Nikki and family for all they did for these beautiful boys!

hughiesdad

Post by hughiesdad » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:37 pm

hughiesdad

Re: Grumio (Hughie) Mastiff x pup DofB 12.17 Arnold Nottingham

Post by hughiesdad » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi everyone I hope you don’t mind all the updates. Grumio is doing well still, he’s now doing sit and stay while wearing his lead but not being held at 6 paces, we’ve just come back from a late walk and he’s been walking loose lead for a good 90% of the time. He’s a real happy chappy :)

Rescue Remedies_2

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:46 am

:welcome.gif:

Thank you for joining our Forum! We don't mind frequent updates at all! We love love love updates and photos of dogs that have found their forever homes!

Would you like us to change your username to Grumio'sDad or something similar? Just let us know!

I admit, I did giggle a little at the name Grumio. 0002.gif] I've heard of a couple in literature, but the most recent use of the name is hilarious. :biggrin.gif: Which one is he named after?

So glad you're enjoying Grumio and that he's being such a good boy! love4.gif

hughiesdad

Post by hughiesdad » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:45 pm

Hehe!!

Well as for updates we’re currently sat on the car before we go to training, he’s just been to the groomers and is calm as a cucumber, I think we’re on the same wavelength I.e ITV’s Plebs Grumio. The character suits very well to be honest!

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”