Lola Deaf Staffie DofB 07.07.14 Farnborough Hants

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Lola Deaf Staffie DofB 07.07.14 Farnborough Hants

Post by xxlynne » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:11 pm

Current Status: Homed
Lola45.JPG
Lola's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a Midland council pound and vet booked to be put to sleep 14th: We stepped forwards for her and she was held in emergency kennelling until the 7.4.18: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Lola is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Lola was in boarding kennels near Guildford

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Lola's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Lola47.JPG
Lola46.JPG
Lola48.JPG
Lola's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 13.03.18: Hi Lynne, Hope all is well your way. We have been contacted by the pound with regards to 3 dogs they need URGENT rescue spaces for as vet is booked for tomorrow morning. 1 is a small, white, deaf staffie that also needs house training and lead work, an AmBulldog cross and an Elderly Rottie. Can you save any? Many thanks, Di
Lola.jpg
We agreed to save all 3 and they have been moved to emergency kennelling

SarahW

Re: Lola Deaf Staffie DofB 07.07.14 M Keynes Emerg Boarding

Post by SarahW » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:23 pm

Look at that smile! Hi Lola! love4.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form

Chapmania

Re: Lola Deaf Staffie DofB 07.07.14 M Keynes Emerg Boarding

Post by Chapmania » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Lola love4.gif xx

Elliesmum

Re: Lola Deaf Staffie DofB 07.07.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:07 pm

I took Lola for a walk today. She's a sweet, tiny girl who gave me a lovely cuddle when I went into her kennel. She walked beautifully for most of the walk. She saw a cat in the woods.....Lola Is definitely not for cats :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: 0028.gif
Lola was an easy dog to walk, but on the way back, when we were almost back at the kennels, she did lead rag quite a bit and it took me a while to get her to walk on properly. I did this by distracting her with treats as its always harder when a dog can't hear you. I think she ragged as maybe she was getting stressed at the thought of going back, as she was lovely up to this point. She wasn't happy when I put her back and just wanted to stay with me, so I'm sure it was that [cry.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Poor girl . With patience and commitment you’ll soon feel you don’t need to . Would love to meet this one xx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Lovely Lola realy is a little'un - very pretty little girl love4.gif
DSC02904.JPG
DSC02897.JPG
DSC02907.JPG
Here next to Charlie - to give you a feel for her petite little size thumbs.gif
DSC02901.JPG
and more pics, 'cos its hard not to snap away with Lola :D
DSC02928.JPG
DSC02911.JPG
DSC02902.JPG
DSC02929.JPG
DSC02898.JPG
DSC02906.JPG
DSC02903.JPG
DSC02929.JPG
And enjoying a crafty cuddle and carry with Charlie love4.gif
DSC02932.JPG
:welcome.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

anne

Post by anne » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:40 pm

I enjoyed a walk with Lola this morning. We ambled around the woods together enjoying the sunshine. Lola snuffles along making little piggy snuffle noises all the way. So cute! We stopped to enjoy cuddles and she certainly enjoyed having her back scratched. She did start ragging the lead as we finished cuddles and returned to our walk. I think she does this when she is unsure of what to expect next and what you expect of her. She soon stopped when I ignored this behaviour and just kept walking on. Also a simple hand signal is all she needs to remind her not to jump up and she responds immediately. Such a sweet little staffie girl and her spotty back and ears are very cute.
DSCF3168.jpglola.jpg

Judy

Post by Judy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:23 pm

I met Lola for the first time this afternoon, she is such an affectionate dinky little girl. We had a lovely walk, Lola really seemed to enjoy herself and was very interested in any movement in hedgerows etc. She makes gorgeous little Staffie noises. I didn't experience any problems with her grabbing the leads, hopefully this was just because she felt insecure. I think Lola will be receptive to learning sign language as when we got back to the kennels one of the staff demonstrated to me how to teach Lola to sit which she did several times and that was without even giving her treats after each time she obeyed. Lola has a wonderful nature and will make someone a loyal loving companion. love4.gif

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Tue May 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Darling little Lola, she really is very small, not much bigger than a JRT. Very puppy-like too. It was very hot today, so I just took her around the grounds and into one of the enclosures for a dip in the paddling pool. She wasn't sure at first, and I had to plonk her in. Then she thought it was truly amazing!!
She did get hold of the lead and ragged it a lot (I had foolishly left it laying on the ground), so new owners will need to work on gentle persuasion when she has something that's not meant to be a play thing. Sorry, video not showing in HD, I will try again

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Jojo18

Re: Lola Deaf Staffie DofB 07.07.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:14 pm

I was soooo impressed with little Lola today .We were both enjoying a lovely walk in the sunshine when I heard dogs barking close by .Before I had time to react 3 x off lead dogs bounded out of the bushes , heading straight for Lola.

As she's deaf she didn't hear the loud commotion coming her way and realised once they were upon her. Two large Labradors and a large labradoodle barking , lunging, jumping at the tiny staff .

Lola was beautifully behaved she stood and watched the dogs , happily greeted them as she thought they'd come over to play. The labradoodle was quite insistent that he stayed with Lola , despite his owner calling him continuously.

Lola showed impeccable manners throughout and happily trotted off when the dogs were finally contained. She showed no nerves, no reaction other than a waggy tail, Well Done little lady .

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”