William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Takeley, Hertfordshire

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Takeley, Hertfordshire

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
William56.jpg
William's Story: William grew up in a family with a disabled child and another Staffie. He witnessed domestic violence and became nervous and unpredictable afterwards. Rescue Remedies offered him a Rescue place and is now helping him to trust again. William is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. William was in foster with a Staffie puppy and a cat; and then in boarding kennels near Gatwick.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are commonplace nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for William's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
William08.JPG
William1.jpg
William3.jpg
William's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 26.02.18: I dont know what's going on but got another dog in need of help. Put to sleep in next day or so.
Intact male 2 years old. Sadly witnessed a lot of domestic abuse so has behavioral problems.
William.jpg
Lynne I hate always asking you to take such hard dogs but this dog has had such an awful life in his three years.
What do you think ? Cx
EllaK

Re: William Staffie DofB 6.7.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EllaK »

I took William out today for some paddock time!
William needs slow movements at the moment until he settles in and gains trust (he badly wants to). i walked around the land so he could have a sniff then we went to the paddock for a little bit .slowly he gained confidence within 10 minutes he was running around like a bullet!! we walked to meet the dog walkers by the front of the kennels and he was a different dog to how he was this morning!. he's a lovely boy! I don't think he will be with us long !!!! :crossfingers.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

William is all staffie! He is friendly, funny, cuddly, and loves to connect with people and be the focus of their attention. Whilst he is very nervous and jumpy at the moment (he jumps at sudden movements or noises) his true staffie character shines through and he so wants to trust and befriend. I can't tell you how special this boy is, you need to meet him in the flesh to get the true feel of him. William and I went for a little walk, then had some lovely playtime and running around in the paddock and then another walk. Off lead in the paddock he followed me around, sticking quite close, which indicates his insecurity. He loved it when I started running around, he ran after me, tail up and wagging. He loves to be fussed and stroked, feeling gentleness he relaxes and connects.
DSCF1934.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1935.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1946.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1954.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1955.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1956.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1958.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1959.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1962.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1965.jpgwilliam.jpg
DSCF1968.jpgwilliam.jpg
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

William is now neutered and 1st vaccinated. He was very very good in the vets, subdued and frightened yes but trusting and trying to befriend. Had a few grumbles at Taffy the Patterdale who is in the crate next to his but by the time I went to say anything William had turned his back on Taffy and was looking at the scenery as it sped by
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I met William on Friday with his bestie Anne love4.gif

William is one wonderful boy, so wants to trust and be friends but given the past he's leaving behind he just isn't instantly sure - when he trusts as he does Anne then he really opens up and look how he nuzzles in close for love love4.gif
DSC02423.JPG
DSC02409.JPG
DSC02418.JPG
DSC02413.JPG
DSC02424.JPG
DSC02422.JPG
DSC02403.JPG
DSC02406.JPG
DSC02402.JPG
DSC02411.JPG
DSC02412.JPG
DSC02414.JPG
love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

The bestest, tiniest little bundle I've met! What a sweetheart William is love4.gif has the look of a French bulldog more that a Staffie. William wasn't sure about walking down the drive, so we just went through the woods and the poets hut. William wasn't well today and was sick a few times. In the hut, he was too scared to get on the sofa and I had to encourage him lots as I wanted a cuddle 0002.gif] he then snuggled in and boy, is he a cuddle monkey. He looks so sad, he broke my heart. He wasn't nervous, just so sad, poor boy. I found William to be well behaved, easy to walk and obviously very lost at the moment, but he very much wanted to make friends and is an affectionate dog. Absolutely fell in love with him.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Judy

Post by Judy »

Poor William seemed really down in the dumps today so I decided to spend some time with him. It was the first time I had met this little boy, he seemed pleased to be going out. I was going to take him up the road but this sad boy wasn't keen so I decided to walk him through the woods, he walked very slowly without much interest in anything around him. We spent time in the Poets Hut where we had cuddles, I don't think William is feeling very well at the moment he kept trying to be sick but nothing seemed to come up. On the way back to the kennel William came face to face with a cat, he didn't take much notice he stopped to look and then just carried on. William is such a sweet little boy in need of a lot of tlc. Heart fill with love.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

Poor little William is really struggling at the moment. He had lost his voice this afternoon, having spent his time telling the other dogs to pipe down! He was not too keen on going for a walk but we made it a little way down the road. However he was very happy to have cuddles, so I got him a lovely thick blanket for his bed and we sat together in the bed all snuggled up. His tail wagged and he kept giving me his paw to show me how much he loves having someone to sit with him. The chicken went down well too.
DSCF2252.jpgwilliam.jpg
frankie

Post by frankie »

Marc and Bea (my son and his girlfriend ) decided to take William home yesterday for some TLC. He was quite happy cuddled up on Bea's lap when I left last night .Marc says he was coughing this morning and a bit under the weather. He is getting lots of love and is in the warm and they will take good care of him Bless him xxxx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a difference a week makes! William was on fine form this morning and his cough has gone. I am a bit smitten with this little dog, he's a real lap dog and cuddle monkey love4.gif
William had a bark at Boots when I started walking with Kim but he soon settled and seemed to quite like him. When Kim and Boots went a different way after a while, William was quite upset he couldn't follow him. We met five dogs today and although William sometimes has a growl or bark, with a 'ah ah' from me, he stopped and was fine around them. I'm guessing he acts a bit defensive then when he realises they aren't a threat, he's happy to walk along with them. William is truly a lovely dog and soooo affectionate. He's very small, compact and damn cute angel13.gif]
I have found William the most easy dog to walk, he walks at heel on a loose lead and is very well mannered. He doesn't like the kennel hype so I hope he finds his home soon, he's a very nice dog.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”