02BED766-F643-4CBF-A367-3A06B7D7488F.jpeg
Jojokate

Re: Peaches Red Fell Terrier DofB 28.02.15 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojokate »

F9C79FCE-AD39-43BF-B269-A6B4225A3989.jpeg
joner

Post by joner »

Another successful weekend with the Chobham Jones family where the beautiful Peaches was introduced to the grandchildren and fun was had by all, she is a little diamond with youngsters The girls being both 6yrs and grandson 10, where she gets her energy from i don't know but hey she is a terrier. I have been to places on Chobham common which didn't know existed where we met numerous dogs with no problems at all. She enjoyed her walk yesterday with me as i played 18 holes of golf attached to my golf trolley sitting and resting whilst i played my shots. Good girl also in the clubhouse even though there were 3 springers in there as well as long a they didn't get to close. No muzzle over the weekend and her behavior was great at various watering holes. As we said before she is just waiting for that forever home as she is a loyal girl, as my wife said every where i went my shadow followed. She also became attached to the child seat in the rear of the car as well.
Rob T

Post by Rob T »

A great walk with Peaches today.
She met several dogs which she greeted tail wagging and once she got going we had a really good walk together.

She is such a pretty dog and so affectionate to those whom she takes out walking.
amerbob

Post by amerbob »

I'm giving Peaches a little kennel break this week - she's been a bit sad there of late, so she has come to spend some time relaxing in a nice quiet home environment. She's been here about 3 hours now, and has settled beautifully. She's a lovely girl, loves to sit on top of the sofa and give kisses.
Peaches small.jpg
amerbob

Post by amerbob »

An update on Peaches, having had her stay with me for three days.

Short version: she is gorgeous
Longer version: she is really, really, really gorgeous woo.gif] . Peaches is a proper little terrier, very certain in her mind who she is and what she wants. Sometimes she is very affectionate and wanting attention, and other times, she makes it clear that she'd like her own space. So she needs to have an owner that is willing to pay attention to her needs and give her plenty of fuss when she wants it, and leave her to chill out on top of the sofa when she doesn't.
I worked from home this week and Peaches would regularly come over to my desk and put her paws up on my leg, in a clear request for some fuss, which I happily gave her. She was equally happy to potter around the garden by herself - I had her on a long line as my garden is definitely not tiny terrier proof!
Peaches is very interested in food, so I think that treats could be used to train her.
I had to leave Peaches by herself for nearly an hour as I had an appointment. I popped her in a crate, and there was not a peep out of her (I have an upstairs neighbour who would have been sure to let me know if she made any noise!)
When we were out walking, we encountered some offlead dogs, including a very enthusiastic one year old golden retriever named Steve 0002.gif]. Peaches didn't react at all to any of them.
I live on a corner, so have plenty of people walking past my home. Peaches tended to bark at this noise, but I think that this would reduce as she settled into a home (but never entirely go away - she's a proper little terrier!).
In summary, Peaches is a lovely little dog, and I hope that she finds her forever home soon - she deserves it, and desperately needs it.

Peaches2.jpg
YasminAA

Post by YasminAA »

My first walk with Peaches today; less of a walk, more of a "sit and watch the world go by" morning with her. She was easy to harness and accepted her muzzle without a fuss, considering I am a stranger to her. She was more than happy to have plenty of cuddles. We left the kennels and as soon as we did, she decided to sit down and showed no interest in walking. To be fair to her, I did not want to push it too hard as I am a new person to her, so I sat with her and she sat in my lap. After a while, she sat on the grass for a while longer. When it was time to go back, she had become too comfortable, so I carried her back into kennels, without any protest from her whatsoever. I would love a little dog like Peaches, and I think, with the right person, who has the time and love to give her, she will be a gorgeous character to have as part of the family. Looking forward to walking her again, although hopefully we will actually get to walk next time!

Here she is doing some very good sitting!

pits

Post by pits »

Here's Peaches earlier when I took her out for a quick stroll. She's a great little dog, mini in size but she has a big heart.
peachs222mall.jpg
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

rps20180913_232047.jpg
Peaches enjoying a relaxing foster break with a Guildford Walker and his grandkids.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”