Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Jojokate

Re: Cookie Red Fell Terrier DofB 2014 Guildford Kennels

Post by Jojokate » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:01 pm

205C2BD0-F37B-46C9-9441-61ED76E9FFCE.jpeg

HugoMason

Post by HugoMason » Sun May 06, 2018 12:58 am

Cookie has been on foster with my wife and I for the last week. We had been on a couple of walks with him and found him easy going, very affectionate and just a pleasure to be around - so we took him home for a little holiday from the kennels.

He is an extremely funny little chap. He was quite nervous and hyped when he first arrived - lots of energy, very needy, but happy as long as he was getting cuddles. He has really settled down over the course of the week. On his first night here, my wife slept in the living room with him as he was quite distressed, but now he barely lifts his head from his favourite chair when we go to bed.

We think Cookie is highly intelligent. He has a base level of training and a twinkle in his eye - he knows to sit and paw, he knows when he is being cheeky and if he gets his hands on something that he shouldn't have he will run away to a corner somewhere with his new treasure. He plays fetch with us in the garden and isn't too precious about guarding his ball.

He isn't yappy, in fact he doesn't generally bark unless someone new comes in the front door. He is house trained; we had one accident on his first day but I put that down to the stress - he was clearly ashamed of himself when it happened and we've had no problems since. If you just take him out to a patch of grass and stand still then he gets the picture pretty quick.

As I said, he is quite nervous and he startles very easily. Warning: when he does get startled (about 4 times an hour) he has a tendency to fart. Not silent farts either. Its like living with a tiny tuba player.

Cookie is a wonderful dog. He has formed a close bond with me and is rarely out of arm's reach. He is a bit jealous though, he is a terrier and he would benefit from someone who understands the breed and who will be patient with him while he learns.

He has interacted well with other dogs, especially when he is on the lead. He prefers smaller dogs; growls a bit when certain off-lead bigger dogs come up to him.

Cooke would fit nicely into a lot of homes as long as his new owner is willing to put in a bit of work and doesn't shout at him.

I reckon if he had his choice, his perfect situation would be a single owner with no other pets who wants a best friend to spend all their time with. Essentially, if you know a nan or grandad who needs the company then Cookie would be their guy!! Especially if they don't have a sense of smell.

Again, I have to stress how much of an improvement he has made over the course of the week. He is a fantastic little dude and we love him a lot.

HugoMason

Post by HugoMason » Tue May 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Cookie has finished his week of foster with us and is now, sadly, back in kennels. He was such a good house-guest, I was so impressed with his growth in confidence over the course of the week. Whoever chooses to adopt this little guy will be a very lucky sonofagun. He is just everything you would want from a dog:

- playful
- loves meeting new people
- loves a cuddle with his owner, will sit with you ALL DAY if you let him
- comfortable sleeping in the living room by himself
- house trained
- good walker, walks to a nice loose lead
- generally pretty good with other dogs as well!

Yes, he will need a bit of training and you will need to be prepared to patiently deal with a couple of quirks (especially if more than one person lives in the house) but it will be SO rewarding and you will have a bona fide best friend for life. Its a good deal.

Marilyn

Post by Marilyn » Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 pm

I met Cookie today and he is an absolute joy to walk, so easy you almost forget he's on the lead. He was very eager to greet me at the door and even more pleased when I came in with treats :) He took treats very gently and sat and waited patiently while I fumbled around getting them out angel13.gif] Very easy to harness and put lead on too. Lovely dog!!

Jojokate

Post by Jojokate » Thu May 17, 2018 11:01 pm

love4.gif love4.gif

sibirro

Post by sibirro » Tue May 22, 2018 3:34 pm

everything crossed for you sweetie - :goodluck.gif:

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Tue May 22, 2018 4:53 pm

thumbs.gif thumbs.gif thumbs.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 pm

:goodluck.gif: Cookie xx

Jim Thomas

Post by Jim Thomas » Sat May 26, 2018 7:14 pm

I wish you success with your trial adoption Cookie. thumbs.gif thumbs.gif thumbs.gif

MrsP

Cookie Red Fell Terrier DofB 2014 Chessington

Post by MrsP » Sat May 26, 2018 8:07 pm

Well, well, well what can I say, it's another one of those walker adoptions that we seem to do pretty often at Guildford thumbs.gif

Jo and her cats Charlie, Billy and Teddy have welcomed Cookie into their home and hearts, lucky them and lucky Cookie as he will be ADORED love4.gif
Cookie home.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”