Hugo Weimaraner x Staffie DofB 12.16 Glasgow

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Hugo Weimaraner x Staffie DofB 12.16 Glasgow

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Hugo29.JPG
Hugo's Story : Hugo was taken in by a family having heard he needed a home via as friend of a friend; Hugo mixed with their Staffie bitch for 4 days but then had a tiff: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hugo is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Hugo was in boarding kennels nr Gatwick and then in temp foster to see if he settles with Alfie the cat in prep for homing.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Hugo's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Hugo25.jpg
Hugo26.jpg
Hugo's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. A fosterer ask us to urgently help a friend with a dog that had nowhere to go
Sarahk

Re: Hugo Staffie x DofB 12.16 Gatwick Kennels

Post by Sarahk »

Brief chance to snap a pic of the lovely Hugo before Lynne whisked him off to the vets for his neuter oops.gif
DSC01529.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Hugo love4.gif xx
Precious2003

Post by Precious2003 »

Poor Hugo so sorry to hear he has lost his previous home he does look so worried. Thank goodness RR has him now I am sure you will get him a great home bless you xxx
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Oh my goodness, what a treat to meet Hugo and take him for a walk today. He was initially very pleased to see me, was a little nervous when I put his harness on but with lots of reassurance we were ready for the off in next to no time. Hugo is so well behaved. Walks very well on the lead and is extremely responsive. A little nervous at the start of our walk and his tail was down. Again plenty of reassurance and he knew that everything was ok and that he was safe with me. I think that Hugo will settle in just fine, it is very early days for him. Hugo took great interest in his new surroundings and enjoyed a good sniff as we walked along. We stopped off at the Poets Hut where he was quite happy to have cuddles and I got a face wash. I think it is safe to say that I got his seal of approval thumbs.gif When we left the Poets Hut, Hugo was more relaxed and his tail came up. He seemed as if he was enjoying his walk. The noise of the traffic didn't seem to phase Hugo at all. He didn't react as we passed another dog. Back at the kennel he sat down and gave me his paw as soon as he saw that I had treats. Hugo is going to be very popular with the walkers. Super boy love4.gif xx
20180128_141842.jpg
20180128_142020.jpg
20180128_141858.jpg
keefyboy

Post by keefyboy »

Hi All. Can any body give me a rough guess to Hugo's age.
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

My first walk with Hugo today and what a treat! He greeted me like an old friend in his kennel although he became a bit more nervous when I began to harness him - probably because the first harness wasn't his, Doh! He patiently waited while I found the correct one and then we were off on our walk. He is such a gentle boy, doesn't like getting his feet muddy, light on the leads most of the time and just such a sweet lad to be around. He found the left overs of a football by the paddock so we had to go in and play with it, rude not to. After chasing a few tennis balls he found a relatively new one that he wanted to carry on part of our walk so with a new toy in his mouth we ventured further. He walks beautifully, just very peaceful by your side, gorgeous boy, I can't wait for the next time unless of course his forever home comes along first :crossfingers.gif:
Heide19

Post by Heide19 »

So happy Hugo is doing well .We loved him but he and our dog didn,t see eye to eye . Hugo is 14 months .hoping that someone finds him a place in their home and heart soon love4.gif
Jmecaz1

Post by Jmecaz1 »

Hi there, is Hugo good with children and other dogs please? :newhere.gif:
Rescue Remedies_2

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

Hugo had a tiff with another dog in the household, which is one of the reasons he is now with us.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”