Charlie Staffiex DofB 23.12.13 East Dulwich

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Charlie Staffiex DofB 23.12.13 East Dulwich

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Charliehead.JPG
Charlie 's Story : Found stray then abandoned by his family as 'don't have enough time for him" : Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Charlie is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Charlie was in boarding kennels nr Guildford and enjoyed foster breaks with 2 other dogs

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Charlie's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Charlie69.JPG
Charlie47.JPG
Charlie78.JPG
Charlie's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 6.10.17: Urgent plea for this boy as being put to sleep as nervous in a kennel environment
Charlierottstaff.jpg
Charlie comes into us on the 16th Oct
Chapmania

Re: Charlie Staffie x ?Rottie DofB Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Charlie love4.gif xx
xxlisaxx

Re: Charlie Staffie x DofB 23.12.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlisaxx »

I walked Charlie yesterday, he was a little nervous whist putting on his harness the sound of the clicks made him jump but with some assurance he was fine. Charlie is a lovely boy he walks really well on his lead. He got a little worried when I changed his leads around and cowed down but again with my assurance he soon forgot about it and we carried on with our walk. When I took him back and left the kennel he leaned right up against it so I could give him some more love I didn't want to leave. Charlie is another dog that I wanted to scoop up and take home he has certainly won't my heart and I can't wait to walk him again Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Awwww, I got cuddles when I went into Charlie's kennel today, what a sweetie-pie love4.gif
He's a lovely leggy boy, very gentle, LOVE HIM :D
DSC09574 - Copy.JPG
DSC09546.JPG
DSC09576.JPG
DSC09542.JPG
DSC09545.JPG
DSC09543.JPG
DSC09547.JPG
DSC09549.JPG
cuddles :0)
cuddles :0)
DSC09559.JPG
DSC09563.JPG
DSC09564.JPG
DSC09566.JPG
DSC09570.JPG
DSC09571.JPG
DSC09578.JPG
DSC09579.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh how adorable are you Charlie boy! Won't be long until your FOREVER home is here x
anne

Post by anne »

I walked with Charlie for the first time today and I have to say he is rather handsome. I am sure I see some Shepherd in him. He greeted me nicely but was a little worried about having his harness put on. He walked very calmly down the kennel block past all the other dogs and was clearly delighted to be going out for a walk. Despite a bit of youthful bounciness he walks nicely on the lead, although he is rather too interested in squirrels and I am sure would be off chasing them given half a chance! Charlie charmed me with his lovely friendly nature and despite a few nerves he is the most wonderful boy. Someone is going to be very lucky to have Charlie join their life.
DSCF0306.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF0307.jpgcharlie.jpg
DSCF0310.jpgcharlie.jpg
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Beautiful... reminds me a bit of Mags who we had in the rescue a few years back. love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

There's a horse!!!
There's a horse!!!
IMG_3066.JPG
I can sit and let the horse pass.
I can sit and let the horse pass.
Charlie has grown in confidence since he arrived. I was greeted by a happy, playful boy who decided to run off with his harness, little pickle. I let him settle and soon had him ready and we were on our way. It was very muddy and slippery on my usual walks so I decided to take Charlie on a road walk. He walked past traffic, people, joggers, cyclists with no problems at all. We walked to the little village - he loved all the different people coming and going. On the way back, we saw a horse and rider. We were on a narrow path so I asked him to sit. Such a good boy, his bottom went straight on the floor. Charlie can sit at the kerb, needs a few reminders but we were somewhere new so totally expected. He knows wait, again a few gentle reminders and he manages it just fine. He passed all other dogs with mild curiousity but wasn't really that interested. Lovely, easy boy. Xx
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

So I sauntered along the Guildford kennel run today, and came across this gorgeous ginger boy looking sad and afraid in his kennel. He stopped me in my tracks, as I'm someone with a bit of a "thing" for ginger dogs. No label on his kennel yet, so I thought he must be a stray. But then I found out that this was Charlie, and I could go in and say hello..3 times throughout the day, I couldn't stay away!
I sat with him, just talking quietly and eventually he snuggled into me and I got a lovely little kiss from him. He's so unsure of himself, having been moved to new kennels again, but he'll soon come around.
Simon took him out with Duchess and apparently he was very gentlemanly around her. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again.
Suzanne
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Mrs P said to me Charlie was just like Elijah - oh my goodness isnt he just - those of you who remember gorgeous Eli will see the resemblance so much. GORGEOUS BOY CHARLIE you will be very popular! xxxxx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”