Dotty (Maple) Terrier x DofB 09.16 Medstead, Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Dotty (Maple) Terrier x DofB 09.16 Medstead, Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Maple35.jpg
Maple's Story : Found stray/abandoned & unclaimed within a council pound: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Maple is now neutered; chipped and vaccinated. Maple is tiny just 6 kilo. Maple is in foster with 2 other dogs nr Kingston awaiting her forever family

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Maple's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Maple1.JPG
Maple2.JPG
Maple5.JPG
Maple3.JPG
Maple's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Maple was found stray in a borough that we have a contract with so came on to our books automatically so we can get going to prep her and find her her forever home
aloepeter

Re: Maple Terrier x DofB 09.16 Chessington Kenns

Post by aloepeter »

Looks absolutely adorable! I note the "...tiny, 6 kilo ..." with interest thumbs.gif
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

So cute
frankie

Post by frankie »

Ah here is the little cutee I walked last week when she arrived .Maple is tiny she loves to be carried and gives lots of kisses .She walks well on the lead ,she is nervous and will wee herself when you stroke her .She has a docked tail which was tucked right under her when we started her walk but gradually she relaxed and was walking with her tail up .We met some off lead dogs in the park she was fine but gave a little grumble when one of them got to close.She some times stops and wants to be picked up and carried.Whilst we were waiting to go back into kennels I was cuddling her when a large pup came over to say hello and she told him off . Breed don't have a clue her name suits her as her coat is a golden brindle she is adorable I wanted to put her in the car but the kennel staff wouldn't let me . Oh and she does a lovely sit x x
cobden28

Post by cobden28 »

aloepeter wrote:Looks absolutely adorable! I note the "...tiny, 6 kilo ..." with interest thumbs.gif
Not all that much bigger than Aristotle my Pekingese, so a tiny little dog this size should easily be able to fit into any home :) .
Niks

Post by Niks »

Maple stayed with me for a few days when she first arrived. She’s such a cutie and is a lovely little girl. She did give a few little growls when my dogs or cats got too close to her but with training and reassurance I think she could overcome this. She’s a quick learner and within a couple of days she had mastered walking on a lead and harness (which was very obviously a new thing for her) and was getting the hang of ‘sit’ with the aid of a few treats. I adore Maple and whoever adopts her will be very lucky.
D05F483D-A404-4D76-A47E-62BA498B7A5D.jpeg
AC91070F-C31A-462F-B899-D866CE944FEA.jpeg
2B52C44C-FAE4-447C-B5CD-9CE7F4F1BF0F.jpeg
90BA8573-257B-414A-8586-DA82252F26CE.jpeg
C2E8E10B-4A4B-4853-9476-149DBFA7F83F.jpeg
aloepeter

Re: Maple Terrier x DofB 09.16 Kingston Temp Foster

Post by aloepeter »

Maple has now been here two nights and is already tolerated by Harpo and Zeppo (acceptance will take a little longer). Yesterday I walked her on her own and she needed some gentle encouragement from time to time. This morning she went out with "The Boyz" and was a different dog, with her tail up, eager to investigate everything. Maple is very skinny - long term neglect, I guess - so she's having several small meals through the day. Like H&Z, who also were underfed when they came into rescue, she is very keen to pick up anything remotely like food when she's out and about. Maple has also done the rounds indoors and has stockpiled all the bones/hooves/toys including some I thought had long gone. There's a terrier girl in the house! love4.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Maple had her big operation yesterday removing a kidney which was over 4x times the size it should be. Upon opening her up our vet Ian found her urethra tube was not inserted into her bladder...so the urine had distended her tube and the kidney was unable to processs the urine through. Peter said the vet said she probably would have only lived another 2 weeks as the kidney would have burst.

Maple is having the very bestest of care and hopefully had a good day today without all the struggle her body has had to deal with. Thank you Peter and the Boys
MrsP

Post by MrsP »

Awww and she's only a baby, thank goodness it was caught in time!
LinzDesigner

Post by LinzDesigner »

Aww poor baby, get well soon little one xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”