Baylis Staffie DofB 2009 Sutton

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Baylis Staffie DofB 2009 Sutton

Post by xxlynne » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Current Status: Available
Baylis75.JPG
Baylis's Story : Found stray repeatedly, owned by family who kept them in small crate separately to his Staffie partner Paige, for 8 hours whilst at work This wasnt suiting them or the family. : Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving them life. Will be neutered; chipped and vaccinations in progress. Came Bank Holiday Monday, dog warden gave up her day off to see them to safety.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Baylis's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.

Baylis's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 15.07.17: Hi Lyn We have dealt with these two dogs today, as they were out straying from the early morning. The white one is an unneutered female and the brindle one is an entire male. The owners reluctantly collected the dogs back from us today, and they want the dogs rehomed, as they both work and have admitted the dogs are kept in separate small crates for 8 hours or more a day. I have advised them to contact Rescue Centres. I have received several complaints from residents in the flats where the dogs are kept, regarding the mistreatment of the dogs. She said she reported this to the R.S.P.C.A. She also confirms the dogs don’t get walked.
My usual question will be, any chance a miracle has occurred and you have spaces to take these poor souls? I can’t begin to imagine what being cooped up in a crate for hours on end feels like? They are 8 years old.

Thanks Lyn xx Px Dog Warden

Chapmania

Re: Baylis (& Paige) DofB 2009 Comes soon

Post by Chapmania » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:26 pm

:welcome.gif: to the family Baylis. Your life begins now sweetheart love4.gif xx

Debbie(tarakisha)

Re: Baylis (& Paige) Staffie Pair DofB 2009 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:50 am

Oh bless their hearts love4.gif safe and sound now :welcome.gif:

anne

Post by anne » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:21 pm

What a couple of sweethearts these two are! Paige is the confident one, straight up for a cuddle and a fuss. Bayliss is a little less confident and looks to Paige ( or to us humans) for reassurance first but is then very friendly and cuddly. It was a joy walking with the duo and lovely to watch the constant communication between them. Where the path was narrow Paige liked to walk in front but Baylis liked to be very close to her and if he was behind she kept checking he was still there and gave him reassuring looks. Adorable!
DSCF9745.jpga.jpg
DSCF9747.jpga.jpg
DSCF9750.jpga.jpg
DSCF9751.jpga.jpg

KateM17

Post by KateM17 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Baylis, what a lovely boy he is......I walked him for the first time today. Very easy to harness and walked well through the kennel block. Not at all interested in the dogs either side of him. We had a get to know you cuddle, before we set off (he loves sausages!). He does like to 'lead play' and a few minutes into our walk (quite unexpectedly, after we got tangled and I dropped one of the leads) he did manage to get hold of it and wouldn't give it back. Once I had taken control of the lead he walked extremely well and was very interested in the grass and smells around him. He appears to be quite well trained and sat at the roadside, gives a lovely sit, paw, knows wait and takes his treats very gently. He is very affectionate, I had some lovely staffie kisses. Beautiful Baylis!

xxlynne

Re: Baylis Staffie DofB 2009 Sutton

Post by xxlynne » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Hannah came to meet our staffies today and it was Baylis Baylis and Baylis...despite him ragging his lead...he enjoyed a lovely walk and then a session in the paddock with Olivia's Tabitha
2.9.17 008.JPG
2.9.17 010 (2).JPG
Baylis in the foreground

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Baylis love4.gif xx

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Hannah and Baylis look happy :D
IMG_7540.JPG
Chauffeur driven for you now Baylis "Home James" or should that be "Home Hannah !!!"
IMG_7541.JPG
Be happy x
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”