Jenny Staffie DofB ?2005 - 02.05.18

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
RosC

Re: Jenny Staffie DofB ?2005 Redhill Foster

Post by RosC »

I'm not sure what to say about Jenny that hasn't already been said...
- she is the most adorable little thing you could ask for
- very well behaved.
- energetic, I am sure she has no idea how old she is meant to be!
- she loves apples, carrots and cucumber ( how healthy is Jenny?!)
- she can be left at home alone
- she is very respectful around Bertha at mealtimes and when having treats, waits her turn and never tries to take anything that isn't given to her
So.... having nothing new to say a few pics
Blimey, another pub lunch!
Blimey, another pub lunch!
I love to roll
I love to roll
and roll
and roll
and roll!!
and roll!!
We all love our Jen Heart fill with love.gif]
RosC

Post by RosC »

Jenny is loving life out of kennels - come on forever home!
I love to relax
I love to relax
Jenny is a real squidgy faced sweetheart who absolutely loves everyone. Walking round the lakes tonight we came across a group of teenage boys and Jenny surged ahead (on the extender lead) and decided one boy in particular was her special friend. He wasn't so sure but very quickly 5 of them had surrounded her to say hello and enjoy the Jenny greeting thumbs.gif She even stole the lime light from Bertha whom none of them said hello to - that is saying something about little Jen (Berth not so impressed!)
Just love her to pieces love4.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Hmm... gone off Jenny this evening as she pulled the roll in fox poo trick on our walk. :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: She didn't want a shower but she had one anyway and is now sweet smelling again thumbs.gif
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

I've had the pleasure, the privilege, the honour, the... you get the idea - I've been lucky enough to spend time with Jenny (and Bertha!) this week. Where do I even start when trying to sum up our fabulous JennyJen? She is everything that's already been said plus much much more. Though I'd met and spent a little time with Jenny before, she welcomed and accepted me like a lifelong pal the instant I walked through the door. I don't think it can be understated how much love Jenny has in her dinky Staffie body. She is pure unconditional love personified, in fact I think she's been collecting and storing up all that love over the years and just wants to unleash it on those willing to spend time with her! Jenny so badly wants to be close, to have human contact and express her affection. If you don't have a problem with frantic but ever-so-gentle Staffie kisses while listening to happy grunts then you'll love Jen. She did have fits and bursts of being a bit full on in her efforts to please but generally just loved to curl up on or next to me making sure there was at least a minimum amount of contact. Letting out contented snuffles and snorts (Jenny, not me) she relaxed and enjoyed a fuss, the image of her turning her head to look back in approval has a way of sticking in your mind. It was in these moments that I saw - for only time, I might add - that Jenny really is in fact an older gal. Her little leg twitches and flinches, times where she just couldn't seem to get comfortable letting out slightly laboured sighs. And then seconds later... she's rolling around like a maniac, or pouncing up to give a face wash. Her body might carry signs of her age but she just keeps powering on like a trooper.
Jenny Beautiful.jpg
The Jenny look of "Why did you stop stroking me!?"
The Jenny look of "Why did you stop stroking me!?"
Quite comfy there Jen?
Quite comfy there Jen?
Jenny is very adept at yoga
Jenny is very adept at yoga
Sleepy head
Sleepy head
Jenny Look.jpg
Jenny Relaxed Collage.jpg
As the week went on Jenny showed me her playful side more often be it just rolling around or full on running, bouncing or play bowing. Even at her ripe old age if she catches a glimpse of her tail (which incidentally always seems to be wagging) she'll try and get it, spinning around the room like a crazy lady! She told me off for laughing at her doing it! Come Thursday she was chasing me around (sorry for running in the house, Ros!) and playing with a squeaky squirrel. Jenny is pure entertainment and Bertha got in the action too lol.gif

"Weeeee!"
"Weeeee!"
Cheeky girl!
Cheeky girl!
"This is fun!"
"This is fun!"
"No take, only throw!" - Dog logic
"No take, only throw!" - Dog logic
There was barely a time where Jenny didn't make me smile or laugh, this older lady knows her own mind and doesn't mind having a bit of a chatter to communicate it! Sitting and waiting for a treat for too long? "Hurry up!" in Jenny language. Waiting for more than two seconds to throw a toy? "Hurry up!" If I was spending slightly too long fussing over Bertha then she'd come and tell me what's what's by either "telling me off" or wedging herself between us. Having only two hands it was hard to meet the "attention quota" for both lol.gif I did get the feeling over the days that Jenny has that very needy side to her which may or may not give an insight into her past but she very much likes to be the centre of attention - I imagine it's a bit easier for her with multiple people in the same house. That being said she happily settled down on one side of me if Bertha was on the other, not that she'd understand but I told Jenny that I had plenty of time for both of them! Jenny has some fantastic facial expressions, sadly she didn't show me that beautiful Staffie smile when I had my camera out!
"Anything you can do, I can do better!"
"Anything you can do, I can do better!"
I loved seeing the interaction between Jenny and Bertha. Anyone that knows Bertha will be aware of just how gentle and tolerant she is with both humans and other dogs so it was great to watch the moments where Jenny became a tad too energetic for her liking, and how Jenny herself reacted. Only once did I see Bertha object to anything and Jenny took it with grace. Jenny was ragging a cushion (very gently, not trying to destroy it!) and running in circles but bopped Bertha in the face a few times, eventually Bertha just stood up and gave a little stare, nothing more. But Jenny seemed to understand and sheepishly walked around her much bigger doggy pal and settled down, that was that. She definitely seems to have a good read on dogs. Other than that one instant they are both very calm and respectful in each other's company, as has been said before there's no treat stealing or aggression around food. Jenny will often snuggle up to Bertha (who wouldn't, she's so soft!) it's so sweet to watch. They had a nice afternoon siesta before our walkies on Wednesday, both cuddled up to each other while next to me, the combination of snuffles and snores was quite soothing in a weird way.
J&B Paw.jpg
J&B Upside Down.jpg
J&B Look.jpg
J&B Play.jpg
J&B Siesta.jpg
J&B Siesta2.jpg
J&B Sofa.jpg
Bye bye girls!
Bye bye girls!
Walkies. Jenny absolutely loves going out for walks. I get the impression from reading previous posts and now from experience that Jenny could walk for hours and hours. She's not the biggest sniffer or a constant nose to ground type dog but seems to just enjoy being out and about, it gives her the chance to stretch those little bowed legs and boy does she. She has the cutest little bounce when walking, very elegant indeed. She's happy on a normal length lead, the extender or even joined up with another dog, obviously Bertha in this case. Regardless of the equipment used, Jenny just plods along just at the full length of a lead but never pulls unless she sees something very interesting, but even then I would never describe as anywhere near unmanageable. My mum came down and walked Jenny yesterday and though she has two bad wrists at the moment she had absolutely no problems in handling Jenny. One of the reasons Jenny loves her time out is because she gets to meet all sorts of different people - most of whom love to say hello and tell her how beautiful she is - and of course other dogs. I lost count of how many dogs we met on our walks but it brought the same result each time, an excited waggy tail and an eagerness to say hello. Jenny is always polite and respectful in her meetings regardless of the size, breed, or number of dogs in front of her. She was a touch confused when we came across a bunch of tiny Chihuahua pups, one recoiled and had little flailing legs in the air while Jenny poked her nose at its belly to identify what it was! Not sure she's ever met something so small :D She is genuinely not only a joy, but super easy to walk and completely undemanding. I imagine a wide range of people would have no problems when it comes to walking Jenny, regardless of age or physical capabilities she's a very easy going dog and friendly with people and dogs.
Jenny Gorgeous.jpg
J&B Sit2.jpg
Jenny Face.jpg
J&B Lakes.jpg
Jenny Extender.jpg
Jenny Lookback.jpg
Jenny Extender2.jpg
Jenny Extender3.jpg
J&B Walk.jpg
J&B Sniffs.jpg
J&B Sniffs2.jpg
J&B Woods.jpg
J&B Woods2.jpg
Blurry but Jen was curious of the tiny pups
Blurry but Jen was curious of the tiny pups
Jenny Profile.jpg
Jenny & Mum.jpg
J&B Sit.jpg
Jenny Closeup.jpg
Jenny Extender4.jpg
Jenny Extender5.jpg
Jenny Profile2.jpg
Jenny Walk.jpg
We had some glorious late October weather on Wednesday, the sun was beating down so Jenny decided to have a potter around in the garden and take some time to explore and bask.
Jenny Garden.jpg
Jenny Garden3.jpg
Jenny Garden4.jpg
Jenny Garden5.jpg
Jenny Garden2.jpg
Jenny Bootiful.jpg
I absolutely loved the time spent with Jenny and Bertha this week. Never a dull moment - the love Jenny has to offer never once failed to shine through, she definitely knows how to worm her way into your heart and leave a Jenny shaped impression. All Jenny needs is someone to share their own love back, something that's impossible not to do once time has been spent with her. A girl who despite her advancing years still clings onto her youth, she's definitely not ready to give up some of her energetic ways. But she's just as happy curling up in your lap or beside you, chuntering contently all the while. Great with people of all ages from what I've seen, great with every dog we encountered. Jenny ticks a lot of boxes and I'd imagine would settle down into almost any circumstance and setting.
Jenny seems to be scanning for something...
Jenny seems to be scanning for something...
...I think she's wishing for a family to call her own!
...I think she's wishing for a family to call her own!
RosC

Post by RosC »

We returned from our holiday today to a very enthusiastic welcome from Jenny love4.gif
Thank you Chris for posting such wonderful pictures and videos showcasing how beautiful and cute little Jenny is, and for popping in and walking 'the girls' to help Luke out :goodjob.gif: .
Jenny clearly enjoyed your visits and I hope someone will realise looking at your posts what a great little character she is and come forward to offer her a new home.
xxlynne

Re: Jenny Staffie DofB ?2005 Thornton Heath S London

Post by xxlynne »

Jenny has flown the roost and found herself in a wonderful family with 3 little companion dogs...she apparently fits in very well. Our thanks to Charlotte and family for wanting to help a Staffie and particularly an elderly one in need of their retirement home.

Our thanks to Adam in Broxbourne for saving Jenny's life and to all our volunteers who helped Jenny along her way and especially our vets for the outstanding care.Thank you so much Ros, and family and especially Luke for keeping Jenny out of kennels over a recent holiday break and Chris for walking her and her foster sister Bertha for the week. Sterling stuff and remarkable outcome.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Darling Jenny, be happy sweetie-pie love4.gif :havefun.gif:

Huge thanks to beautiful Bertha and her lovely human family for keeping Jenny out of Kennels and showing off her many many talents :D

:smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chris86

Post by Chris86 »

What a cracking girl Jenny is, so so happy for her and her new family! love4.gif :goodluck.gif: angel13.gif]
RosC

Post by RosC »

It was our pleasure to have Jenny staying with us for the past few weeks, she is a beautiful little girl and I am so pleased that today she found such a wonderful forever home. Charlotte and her mum and her 3 dogs came to meet Jenny. I think they knew within a few seconds that Jenny was the one! The meeting went well with the other dogs and Jenny was whisked away to a wonderful life with a new brother and 2 sisters. Amazing family for an amazing girl. Charlotte has said she will send photos and update on social media and her dogs have their own Instagram account - instagram.com/perry_cilla_flo_tina_devaney/
Be happy Jenny love4.gif :havefun.gif:
Before driving off in the car with her new brother and sisters
IMG_1938.JPG
My new mum!
My new mum!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Such wonderful news woo.gif] Huge :thanks.gif: to Ros and family for fostering Jenny keeping her out of kennels. Be happy Jenny love4.gif xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”