Biscuit Border Terrier DofB 13.04.16 Coventry

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Biscuit Border Terrier DofB 13.04.16 Coventry

Post by xxlynne » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Current Status: Homed
Biscuit39.JPG
Biscuit's Story : Surrendered from her family: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Biscuit is now neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Biscuit was in foster with 3 other terriers in Kingston whilst she waits for her forever family.

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, most of our dogs will need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Biscuit's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Biscuit50.JPG
Biscuit53.JPG
Biscuit's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. Biscuit grew up with an older Jack Russell and children successfully, however during a thunderstorm she instigated a fight with the other bitch. Biscuit was very perturb towards everything as if still in disbelief as to who was trying to attack her (thunderstorm). The family discussed the situation with our vet who suggestd if they could not continue to offer Biscuit her home to spay her and ask us to take her on.

Sarahk

Re: Biscuit Border Terrier DofB 13.04.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Pretty little Biscuit, a little bit bewildered just now but loved her walk and got her tail wagging thumbs.gif
she is a beauty love4.gif
DSC07130.JPG
DSC07148.JPG
DSC07153.JPG
DSC07157.JPG
My party trick, I can touch the end of my nose look ;0)
DSC07132.JPG
DSC07150.JPG
DSC07139.JPG
DSC07140.JPG
love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Border Lover

Post by Border Lover » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 am

She is lovely - have added her to Border Terriers in rescue group and I know she won't be waiting long for a new home

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:32 pm

A few more pics of beautiful scrummy Biscuit love4.gif
DSC07135.JPG
DSC07138.JPG
DSC07142.JPG
DSC07149.JPG
DSC07144.JPG
DSC07145.JPG
DSC07152.JPG
Love her love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:51 pm

I was thrilled to find that Biscuit was on my list of walks this morning. Initially a little wary as I entered her kennel. I crouched down and spoke gently reassuring her and in no time the leads were clipped on and we were off on our way. Biscuit had a little bark at a couple of the dogs returning from their walks in the car park in true terrier fashion. She settled into her walk very quickly though and I found her extremely easy to walk. Biscuit was very alert, busy looking at the birds in the woods and sniffing all the new smells as we walked along. Our terriers just love our woodland walks and Biscuit is no exception. I gave Biscuit some sausages, asked her to sit which she did and took them really gently. Such a sweet little girl who I know won't be with us for long. love4.gif xx
20170723_115332.jpg
20170723_120240.jpg

aloepeter

Re: Biscuit Border Terrier DofB 13.04.16 Kingston Foster

Post by aloepeter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Biscuit is rapidly coming to terms with the madness that is life in Kingston ... because, away from kennels, she is a calm, sweet natured girl. Her stay was only intended to be a short one - Thursday to Saturday - allowing her to settle before a scheduled homing yesterday. Well, on Friday it turned out we were dealing with a timewaster and Biscuit is staying here until a committed family comes forward. I only mention this because I wouldn't have thought of putting Biscuit - and the rest of us - through the upheaval of meeting the home team for just a two night stay. As it is, the introductions have been made and Biscuit went out today for her first walk with Zeppo. There was, however, the small matter of getting out the door. Harpo and Benny thought they should come too ...
bz01.JPG
bz02.JPG
Then there was a bit of settling down ...
bz03.JPG
We were able to get to Teddington Lock for the first time in ages
bz04.JPG
bz05.JPG
The walk back was a joy ...
bz06.JPG
bz07.JPG
bz08.JPG
Biscuit has shown herself to be confident and respectful around the boys. Although it's clear she would love them to play with her she doesn't cause any friction or anxiety. When she's out and about she greets people and other dogs very nicely. This made for a very enjoyable walk today and had a calming influence on Zeppo. That girl is a star! thumbs.gif

aloepeter

Post by aloepeter » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 pm

As some of you must know by now, I have a weakness for terrier girls and Biscuit is a real charmer. Since nobody wants to be left behind I've walked Biscuit with all three boys in the past two days and it's gone surprisingly well. Getting their harnesses on is mayhem but the walking is fine and we've managed to go to the Lock and back both times. Tonight, "with the wind in her ears", Biscuit was quartering the ground while the boys were striding along. They are all now - thankfully - flaked out. It hardly needs saying that Biscuit is sleeping on my bed at night and, like Dillly TR and Lilya Cavalier, she prefers to be at least at shoulder level. Only a matter of time before I have to reclaim the pillow, I guess. Seriously folks, she's really ready for a forever home. love4.gif

aloepeter

Post by aloepeter » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Biscuit had her spay stiches out today. She also had second vax. If it stays fine over the weekend we might try a bath ... :crossfingers.gif:

xxlynne

Re: Biscuit Border Terrier DofB 13.04.16 Coventry

Post by xxlynne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:21 pm

Biscuit was the Biscuit today not a cream cracker but a custard cream! Janice Derek & Anthony are in seventh heaven hopefully remember she is a terrier! ha ha

Our special thanks to Laura our vet for helping Biscuit to find us and for Peter for taking her in and making her stay in Rescue a pleasure!

loubilou

Re: Biscuit Border Terrier DofB 13.04.16 Coventry

Post by loubilou » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Just wanted to say how pleased I am that little Biscuit has been rehomed.... hope you have years and years of fun with her.... xx blob6.gif]

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”