Boots Springer Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 nr Sittingbourne

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jim Thomas

Re: Boots Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jim Thomas »

Boots and I started our walk with a short jog. Boots then showed me how much he enjoys playing and dancing around in puddles. We met some traffic and he walked to heel and ignored distractions. Then we went into the woods where he pointed out squirrels for me.
Thank you Boots for a calming walk. Very calm for a high energy dog.

20180121_113232.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots and I enjoyed paddock time this morning.
DSCF1479.jpgboots.jpg
DSCF1481.jpgboots.jpg
high 5!
high 5!
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

I haven't had the chance to walk Boots for a couple of weeks so it was nice to be able to do so yesterday. As soon as I enter his kennel, Boots runs off to get a toy which he gives to me. I always say thank you, put it in his basket and get him harnessed. Boots is always raring to go. I took my chance and hoped that the paddock was free which it was. Boots loves playing in the paddock. He is happy running around, loves running up and down the steps but best of all loves you to throw a ball for him. He always brings it back like a good boy. We set off on our walk and Boots was very interested in the sheep out in the field. His eyes were constantly scanning for squirrels, which he had no luck in seeing! Boots always remembers the field where the horse is and looks out for him. The horse was at the far end of the field so Boots didn't get to see him. 2 off lead dogs came running out of a gateway towards Boots but he didn't bat an eyelid. Well done Boots thumbs.gif When we get back from our walks, Boots sits nicely as he knows that he gets sausages. He always gives me his paw. I always get a kiss as if he is thanking me for his walk and treats. Great fun and a great character. love4.gif xx
20180225_120900.jpg
20180225_120913.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots hasn't been out much this week due to the weather and he was bursting with energy today. I open his kennel door and he flies down the kennel block into the small paddock where I put his harness on. Today he just needed to have a mad run around to release his energy. When he was ready he came over to have his harness put on. Off we went through the woods to the large paddock. Off lead again and Boots was off like a shot, just enjoying the freedom to run. Then I asked him to find a ball, which he did and he stood and looked at it while I walked over to pick it up and throw it for him. Boots loves to play, he loves to learn and he loves his cuddles. He stood on top of the steps for a time, while I gave him a back rub. He leant up against me so that if I had moved he would have fallen off. This is the level of trust Boots will put in me.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

A great walk with Boots today. As usual, as I entered his kennel he ran off to get me a toy. I always say thank you and put it back in his basket. After I had harnessed him, Naima was waiting for us as I wanted to introduce Boots to her. We went into the paddock where Boots demonstrated his skills to Naima of fetching the ball, bringing it back and offering a paw. Naima asked Boots to sit for a treat which was so funny as he didn't do a proper full sit due to the mud and he didn't want to get his bottom muddy 0002.gif] Well a boy has standards to maintain and a muddy bottom just isn't one of them. Naima headed off home so Boots and I went for a walk on our own. Such a good boy today, no interest in logs or sticks at all, just busy looking out for squirrels. Boots was not disappointed! A great walk as always :smiley-chores002.gif: When I put Boots back I always get kisses off him as if he is saying thank you for his walk. Such a sweetie. Love him love4.gif xx
anne

Post by anne »

Once Boots knows and trusts you, he shows what a softie he is. He adores cuddles and his play time in the paddock and walks. With his spaniel/collie? mix he is intelligent and needs to be busy, so kennels is no place for this delightful, energetic, clever, busy, affectionate boy.
DSCF2042.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2043.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2045.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2046.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2049.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2055.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2056.jpgBoots.jpg
DSCF2059.jpgBoots.jpg
Chapmania

Re: Boots Springer Spaniel x? DofB 01.01.15 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

My present from Boots today was a pink squeaky pig as I entered his kennel. He never fails to make me laugh, bless him. After a couple of minutes of charging around all excited to be going out, Boots stood still while I took off his jumper, harnessed him up and we were ready to go. The paddock was free this afternoon as we walked by so I took Boots in there first. He loves to run around, go up and down our agility steps and have a game of ball. Boots loves walking through the woods. His nose was sniffing the air, there had been deer about and he was on the scent. Boots loves to scan the trees for squirrels and once again they were out in force as if to tease! He sat down watching them totally fascinated by them jumping through the trees. Back at the kennels Boots stood still like a good boy while I dried him off with a towel. He loves a fuss being made of him but only by people he knows and trusts. Love and enjoy my walks with Boots love4.gif xx
20180311_144016.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Boots had a lovely sociable walk with Barney this morning. The boys were relaxed and comfortable together and walked at a similar pace- fast! Barney and Boots like to check out all the smells along their walks and did so separately and together, each not bothered by the other but keen to keep up with each other.
DSCF2324.jpgbarneyBoots.jpg
DSCF2325.jpgbootsbarney.jpg
DSCF2327.jpgbarneyboots.jpg
DSCF2334.jpgbarneyboots.jpg
Mimseycal

Post by Mimseycal »

What a gorgeous boy. I am looking for a dog to join me and my Patterdale Terrier and you pulled at my heartstrings right off the mark. Trouble is, my Patterdale, an ex-rescue, is called Bootsie and it would be too confusing for you both. I wish you well dearling
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

My present from Boots this week was a rubber bone :thanks.gif: Boots!

Today the paddock was free at the start of our walk so Boots had lots of fun running up and down, round and round. The agility steps are a favourite of Boots and he doesn't need asking twice to run up the steps. Once he is at the top he always likes to give me kisses then he runs back down the other side.

After the paddock we walked around the woods where we saw a stag. Boots really wasn't quite sure what to make of it as it ran away. Squirrels are far more interesting. The Poets Hut was free so we popped in and had a sit down. Boots likes to look out of the window and take a breather in comfort. We met up with Teresa walking William and the two boys quite enjoyed walking alongside each other for a while. A bit later we passed Codi being walked by Georgia and Roxie being walked by Paul. Boots didn't react to either dog. An off lead dog came running up wanting to play. Boots was well up for that but the owner called their dog back. As always a pleasure to spend time with Boots love4.gif xx
20180325_112243.jpg
Attachments
20180325_111439.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”