Peggy-Sue Staffie x DofB 03.01.11 Coulsdon

Dogs that have found their forever home
John

Re: Peggy-Sue Staffie x DofB 03.01.11 Chessington Kenns

Post by John »

Well her slightly dodgy rear leg doesnt bother this happy girl at all! She exploded out the kennels and we had a lovely brisk walk accompanied by Frankie who was walking Sammy. Both dogs happy in each others company.
She was strong on the lead at first but eased up as she relaxed. She wouldnt sit for me but loves a roll and tummy rub. She did the funny thing with the water bowl at the end of the walk kicking most of the water out the bowl! Nice dog.

2017_072517_4105_154.jpg

2017_072517_4135_027.jpg
frankie

Post by frankie »

Peggy Sue is a lot smaller than she looks in the photos ,lovely friendly girl bless her xxxxx
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

I met Peggy-Sue on Thursday and for her bow legged stagger, she could be a cowgirl named Peggy-Sue!

Peggy-Sue was a little anxious on our walk together and could be quite strong on the lead. We did stop a few times to calm her energy by kneeling on the ground and stroking her chest, her head and her ears. When we returned to the kennels enclosure, she lay on the ground with her legs sprawled out and was visibly relaxed. She was very happy and waggy tailed when Keira came to collect her to take her back to her kennel, showing me that she is starting to settle in. This sweet girl doesn't understand why she is in kennels. With time, she'll know that we're here to support her and show her she's loved until her forever home comes along angel13.gif]
A big smile from Peggy-Sue
A big smile from Peggy-Sue
John

Post by John »

I took out this bundle of energy yesterday along with new walker Alison who was with Sammy. Both dogs got on well. She is strong on the lead but settles after a while. It wasn't a long walk when we got back she flopped down on the grass really panting hard. The kennel maids dosed her down with water until she recovered. It was a little worrying. Anyone taking her out should perhaps talk to kennel staff before setting out.
Bramleyapples

Post by Bramleyapples »

Had Peggy-Sue out for a visit today - what a star. She was quite anxious when we first got into the house but after a drink and a play in the garden she settled right down. I should have read the thread more thoroughly before giving her a full bowl of water inside 0002.gif] . She was keen to stick with me and we had some lovely cuddles on the sofa.
20170821_132333_003-486x648.jpg
We then went out for a walk, she was strong on the lead at first but settled down. When we got back to the house she was panting very heavily for a while as described above. After a few minutes of cuddles and a drink it did settle down. After a few more cuddles we got back into the car where Peggy-Sue found a new way of using the seat covers.
20170821_145003_crop_388x388.jpg
Peggy-Sue seems a bit of an anxious girl at the moment but responds really well to gentle, positive encouragement and will make someone a lovely dog.
helengarner

Re: Peggy-Sue Staffie x DofB 03.01.11 Guildford Kenns

Post by helengarner »

Peggy-Sue says please don't let me spend another night in kennels!
Peg is relatively new in to us but is really struggling to settle with kennel life. I must admit I was a little bit worried when I picked her up on Friday as she was all over the place and visibly stressed, and wouldnt accept any fuss or treats.
FB_IMG_1505679145115.jpg
FB_IMG_1505679139638.jpg
However, with patience and a bit of love, peggy sue transformed this weekend to a sweet and affectionate little girl, who was just happy in our company chilling out on the sofa. When my partner came home in the evening, he said he couldnt believe she was the same dog he had met earlier that day. In a few hours she was accepting treats, giving me her paw, resting her head on my lap, and even let me give her a nice bath to freshen up woo.gif]
She is fully house trained and will definitely let you know when she needs to go. Although this became less prevalent as the weekend went on and the kennel stress ebbed, she was very alert to noises outdoors and was not a massive fan of mg automatic spray air freshners either (then again who is?- bloody things always catch you off gaurd!) As I say, this dwindled the more she got used to our home and i was very proud that she must have gone into full chill out mode overnight as she slept right through with me, not a peep out of her. When we got up in the morning she ate a bit of breakfast and went back to bed :)
FB_IMG_1505679161656.jpg
FB_IMG_1505679158836.jpg
FB_IMG_1505679155820.jpg
FB_IMG_1505679152903.jpg
FB_IMG_1505679149474.jpg
Peggy is a beautiful and sensitive soul, who is looking for a quieter home life where she can relax after all the upheaval of her past. When she is stressed in kennels she can struggle on walks and needs an owner woth a strong arm, as well as the patience and sensitivity to reassure her that the big wide world can be fun and not as scarey as it seems through her eyes. Within just a few hours we managed a much calmer walk than earlier that day. She is so responsive and I really can imagine how good she would get with just a week away from kennels.

Here are some pictures of Peggy-Sue stretching her legs and having a break this weekend xx
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Peggy Sue.jpg
Lovely pictures of Peggy Sue from Helen. I met her today for the first time, I had been warned that she can pull a bit and get over heated on her walks so today I took her to the paddock for some chill time. She was very friendly in the kennel and easy to get ready, she was keen to get out bless her.
She loved being off the lead and running around, she is very quick, I am sure she has some greyhound or whippet in her breeding. She played with a few toys but was not overly focused on them, she was much more interested in staying close by with me, she was happy to sit and have cuddles under the tree. I made sure she didn`t get too hot and she had lots of drinks and a few dips in the paddling pool.
Reading her thread I noticed she has had a problem with her back legs, I can honestly say I didn`t even notice anything and it certainly did not stop her bounding around today, she was joyous!
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

I will just muddy the waters!
I will just muddy the waters!
andyrols

Post by andyrols »

I walked Peggy Sue for the 1st time Saturday. She was so kind and gentle in her kennel my heart did go out to her. She was harnessed easily and walked out from the kennels easily not taking any noticed of other dogs.
She didn’t bother about her walking companion either (Basil) and they walked along very calmly. However, you do need to take care near the road as she has even less road sense that your average dog!
She is quite stressed in kennels and took a while to settle and walk by my side but you can see from the other photos on the thread that in the right circumstances she can be a very chilled lady!
Peggy 2.jpg
Peggy 1.jpg
pits

Post by pits »

Earlier I met and walked Peggy-Sue for the first time. She's a great looking dog and she sure was excited about going on our walk together. She was very enthusiastic though later calmed down. It was great meeting her, here are some photos from the walk:
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”