Rosie Boxer x AmBull DofB 12.09.13 - 07.07.23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Debbie(tarakisha)

Re: Rosie Boxer x AmBull DofB 12.09.13 Copthorne

Post by Debbie(tarakisha) »

Well Rosie has been with us now since June 2017 and we cannot imagine life without her love4.gif She is such a character. Not a day goes past without her making us laugh and smile. It was work in progress with our two cats originally. To Rosie they were game! Since we moved house last November they have all called a truce woo.gif] They all sleep and play together. Rosie has proved to be such a loyal companion, especially with my unwell elderly father. She will lay for hours at his feet patiently. She adores children and we cannot walk past another dog without her wanted to say hello. She is an ambassador for her breed. We love her to bits love4.gif love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

We love her too xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Fabulous update ! What a great girl she is x
Debbie(tarakisha)

Well Roses are red, violets are blue and Rosie we so love you love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif Happy "gotcha day" on the 15th of this month from your mummy and daddy xxxx Where has the year gone ..... you have made so many friends, human, canine and feline alike angel13.gif]
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Congratulations, she's a beautiful girl :goodjob.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Debbie(tarakisha)

Thank you Teresa. She is the best girl love4.gif
Debbie(tarakisha)

Rosie has been to see the orthopaedic vet today as she is having problems with lameness on-going throughout the past few months. Originally diagnosed via another vet that she has degenerative osteoarthritis in her right hock. We have done all the hydrotherapy, weight management, pain relief etc to no avail.
To cut a long story short, our vet today is doing another set of xrays on Monday to see what else is going on as her left stifle is very swollen and painful. I asked him what his gut feeling is and he mentioned a cruciate issue.
Bottom line is, I'm asking if anyone has any experience of a cruciate issue please for advice? :thanks.gif:
gsdlover

Post by gsdlover »

Sorry to hear poor Rosie is still suffering with her leg [cry.gif]

Rox sends her (and you) a big kiss love4.gif

I have no experience with cruciate ligament issues x
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Sorry to hear that about Rosie.
I have no personal experience but my friends staffy had her one of her cruciate ligaments done and she has made a great recovery, she had to have rest/no jumping or walks for a quite a while. It helps if you have a calm dog!
The vet said it could happen again on the other good leg as well but so far she has been fine.
Good Luck with what ever happens, hope she is okay. :crossfingers.gif:
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

Sorry to hear about Rosie.
I have had 4 dogs over the past 20 odd years all of whom have required cruciate ligament repair.
In the big scheme of things, it is quite a simple op but does need careful management post op.
This includes lots of rest and then slow building up of exercise.
This can be challenging depending on the activity level of the dog but is a must if the surgery is to be a success.
All said - the cruciate can be repaired, it is not a terminal diagnosis and as long as you can take a deep breath to get you through the post op period, Rosie should come out the other side pain free and with no residual issues.
All of my dogs that required the surgery made a full recovery and were much more mobile afterwards than they were before the surgery so it was worth it.
Good luck Heart fill with love.gif]

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”