Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Dogs that have found their forever home
Ljo8ullivan

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Post by Ljo8ullivan »

Hello everyone, as you can see I am loving life, now that lambing is over I can finally go and walk in the field behind my home, in a few weeks I might even go off lead there, I was a bit excited when I saw the ducks on the pond, and even more excited when I saw a sheep and lambs but Lisa told me to leave them alone and walk forward and I did, lots to learn yet! Last Friday I went to the Welsh dog whisperer Colin Jones for the morning and played for nearly 4 hours with about 20 other dogs I loved it! I was so filthy you couldn’t tell my harness and collar was red and Lisa learnt she needed to bring me in the van not the car! I had a warm shower when I got home and felt great. I’m going to go once a week now and go to a distraction class. As you know I like chewing and have list lots of toys since I’ve been here but Lisa’s friend Alison bought me this tree root that I love to try and chew and carry. I’ve had loads of walks, in all different places and been to the beach a few times. I’m barking less as I’m starting to feel safe and know that when Lisa and Phil go out that they will be back and that when I go in the car I’m going to do something great and go back home too! It’s great fun! Lisa has told me I’m going to Cornwall on holidays soon, I wonder what will happen there! Send you more updates soon Dodger xx
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

What a brilliant update. It sounds like Dodger is going to have the dream life he deserves. I love the photo collage too, wonderful pictures all! :thanks.gif: :thanks.gif: thumbs.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

Dodger is still having an amazing life with his doting mum and dad.
dodger walks.jpg
Ljo8ullivan

Post by Ljo8ullivan »

All going well, I’m settled in and realise that going in my van or car means I’m going somewhere fun, I was hanging my head a little thinking I was leaving but I’m over that now. I love life here, I think they understand all my noises now and I usually get what I want. I’m a bit protective and reactive of my garden and the car or van but we are working on that! I go to Colin the dog whisperer once a week to play with other dogs, I love it there but I’m tired when I get home! I’m having great fun and going everywhere with Lisa even into town to do her banking. My diet is great and everyone says how shiny I am! I’m a lucky boy! Xx I’ll keep you posted xx bye for now
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Well done Dodger The grass is very much greener in Wales !!!!!!!!!!!!
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Thanks for the lovely update, Dodger. Your Guildford fan base loves to hear how you're getting along.
Vicksg

Post by Vicksg »

These updates are so wonderful. He's a great dog - thank you for giving him such a wonderful life.

I'm quite jealous actually - can I come and live with you?!
Ljo8ullivan

Post by Ljo8ullivan »

Hello, just dropping a quick note here, Dodger is still enjoying life to the full but we were recently been told that he has Syringomyelia or neck scratchers disease. We have absolutely no idea what to expect or lifespan etc etc but we are living each day as fully as we can, his symptoms are affecting his gait already and he’s become very flimsy and bendy but he’s such a sweetie. We don’t think he is in much pain yet as He’s still full pelt 100mph and will chase his ball all day. next step is an mri and then to look at some treatments. I’ll keep you updated but as you can imagine we are heartbroken after losing our Buster this year too, Dodger has taken our hearts and we will do anything to help him, does anyone else have experience of this please?
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

I have only heard of a cavalier king charles spaniel with this ....
A MRI scan will determine what treatment your vets will go forward with. ..
Sorry to hear this but you sound very positive and dodger doesnt know what is going on....stay strong and please keep us updated :goodjob.gif: love4.gif love4.gif and lots of love to you all x
Ljo8ullivan

Post by Ljo8ullivan »

Well I’ve been in Aberdare for just over a year now and I love it! I’ve settled well and go on lots of long walks, rides in the car, beach regular and 4 beach holidays. I’m still very vocal as I need to let Phil and Lisa know what I want at times, I’m doing well with my food at last and I’ve had regular acupuncture and reikito help with symbomyalgia it’s not half as bad now. I’m still very territorial in the garden and car and occasionally a frustrated greeter but I’ve been going to doggy daycare regular with Colin the Welsh Dog whisperer and have my own personal manicurist called Jess who flips my funny nail every few weeks. Lisa takes me most places with her but I’ve learnt to settle when she is working from home too. I love toys and will chase my tennis ball all day but my favourite thing is Lisa’s old slippers. I’m just so happy here and I think I’ll stay here now xxx update again soon we are going for a riverside picnic this afternoon, I bet Lisa and me will have a dip in the river. Thank you for rescuing me from the pound, thank you to Suzanne for fostering me xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”