Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Pegmilly

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

When you are within a dog rescue you see the very worst in human nature but you also see the best. Yesterday I had a man with his dogs moan at me for daring to walk a rescue dog on public land!! Today I met a man walking who couldn't have been kinder to me and Dodger. When he approached Dodger barked at him, no aggression just uncertainty. The man stopped, spoke to Dodger, told him he was a chatty boy, knelt down, spoke to Dodger very calmly and nicely and let Dodger come to him. Dodger was soon all over him, accepting fuss in return. I thanked the man and we had a little chat. When it was time to move on, Dodger wanted to go with him. Cheek!!! We walked to the stream, Dodger put his paws in but wasn't too sure about getting his tummy wet. Love this boy. Xx

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 pm

I met Dodger for the first time today and he was nothing but an Angel. I had to fiddle with the harness to make it fit and he just looked at me patiently (not sure what he was actually thinking though) 0002.gif]
Dodger walks like a dream and whenever I spoke to him, told him what a good boy he was, or stroked him, he threw himsel on the ground a rolled over, bless him. We had a great walk and Dodger was nothing but well behaved. I can see him making a super companion to someone and he is very calm. I really like him.
image.jpeg
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:15 pm

Another lovely walk with Dodger today. Such a nice boy, so happy and rolls very chance he gets. Easy walk, doesn't pull and is very connected to his walker. He can bark when he sees another dog but it's because he wants to play. Dodger met a family today with their staffie bitch. He was very well behaved and got along fine with their dog, but sadly it wasn't his day today, no fault of his own, their hearts were stolen by another. Having seen Dodger with a family and their dog however, I am confident it won't be long before he gets another chance. Such a good boy.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit our fb page https://www.facebook.com/groups/676797962392764/

Chris86

Post by Chris86 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Safe to say Dodger wasn't too impressed at being 'forced' out in the pouring rain today, bless his little cotton socks lol.gif Lots of looks up at me to start with, if he could talk human language I'm sure he'd be saying "Really? We're going out in this? I'd rather not..." Not a big fan of the wet it seems, he tried his best to avoid as many puddles as possible but alas he succumbed to the inevitable, the rain wasn't going to stop sadly. He perked up a bit when he was following Zach and Ruby (walked by Dan and Natalie) and saw just how brave they were. He was very relaxed in the company of Ruby in the latter part of our walk, both just doing their own thing. One advantage of getting soaked was getting a towel down at the end which I think Dodger really loved thumbs.gif

Chris86

Post by Chris86 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:12 pm

Dodger.jpg
That face is very good at making treats appear. Magic!

Rescue Remedies

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Salisbury

Post by Rescue Remedies » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:11 am

(Since returned)
Dodger found his home yesterday with Sophie and Matt and their lovely Staffie Dotti. Lynne will tell all.... :smiley-dance017.gif: :smiley-dance017.gif:

xxlynne

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Salisbury

Post by xxlynne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:02 pm

(Since returned)

Found the photos eventually so lets celebrate Dodger's homing on Sunday with Sophie & Matt and the very wonderful Dottie
DodgerHome (1).JPG
DodgerHome (2).JPG
DodgerHome (3).JPG
DodgerHome (5).JPG
DodgerHome (6).JPG

lucyloo

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Guildford Kenns

Post by lucyloo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:16 am

Dodger has loved and lost, but is ready to open his heart once more to a special family. Could it be you? He's a beautiful piebald hunk of loveliness. Form an orderly queue.

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Fab walk with Dodgery-Doo today. The sun was shining and he was just the best company ever. Didn't pull, stops when you stop (and if you don't step off straight away, he'll fling himself on the grass for a roll). He had a little bark at the kennel dogs, but not aggressively and they were all barking at him, after all. I confess to having a little cry with him and promised that I won't let him stay there long.
Stunning boy, inside and out.

lucyloo

Post by lucyloo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 pm

Dodger has come to stay with us for a few days. I really hope that it's warmed up before he has to go back to kennels. We went and picked him up today, he was very happy to be going out, but even happier when the car boot was opened..he couldn't get in there quick enough. He was so good in the car, eventually just laying down and dozing.
He met the girls in the garden, and decided that they were a fine pair of bitcheeeez.
He's been very good, and settled in no time at all. He's very cuddly and has been asleep on my lap for some time this evening.
What a delight he is angel13.gif]

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Julieh

Post by Julieh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:16 pm

So pleased for little Dodger . staffies have a way of climbing into your heart and holding it forever he will capture yours , bless him

Myfurbabiesfamilt

Post by Myfurbabiesfamilt » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:56 am

love4.gif What a stunning little man, he has a very similar looking face to my Tommy 0002.gif] truly hope he finds his forever home soon

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”