https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Chapmania

Re: Dodger Staffie DofB 28.10.13 Aberdare Wales

Post by Chapmania »

Wonderful news woo.gif] Be happy Dodger love4.gif xx
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

Have a happy life dear Dodger, you deserve it little man. love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
lucyloo

Post by lucyloo »

So I had a little email from Doddie today and thought I would share:

Hi Suzanne,

I am missing you but I think I might have found my forever home, I've asked Lisa to send you an update of my first week and what I've been up to.

Friday....I was excellent travelling home in the car and proudly sat in the back mostly but also tried to fuss and sniff my new people. I got to my new home and barked and barked as I felt I was excited to be somewhere new. I went for a drive in my own van and then a walk with Lisa to this forest it was great to sniff everything new and when I got back home I enjoyed my food then destroyed some new toys and met my human brother Thomas, who made a big fuss, I really liked him and he played with me for ages! I was worn out by 10.30 and made myself at home in the night by finding my way into the spare bedroom and sleeping all night on the bed there. I did bark a lot today but was ignored so I might have to think about it in future!

Saturday.....early morning Lisa took me to the forest again to walk, I stayed on lead but it was very quiet there only the birds singing, we walked about 4 miles this morning so I was glad to get home for breakfast as it was raining....Lisa put me in this big sink and put water on me. I didn't like it nor being dried after it and curled myself up in a ball in the towel and then tripped over my own feet! After breakfast I sat on the armchair with Phil and snoozed for a while. Lisa and Phil then took me out in the car to the local country park for a walk. When we got back Lisa taught me some new tricks and gave me lots of treats! I sneaked into the spare room and the main bedroom to sleep all night again.

Sunday.....early morning Lisa took me around some local woodland which is right behind my house, there is a large pond with ducks and it leads onto some big fields when I'm more familiar and can go off the lead I think I will enjoy running around these fields. We washed my paws when I got back then had breakfast, had a snooze and played with my toys. We then went out in the car again... I hope I'm coming back, I like it here.... we went to another house, where there were two other people excited to meet me, Lisa called them mam and dad; they told me I was a lucky boy and I'd be spoiled rotten! We then went to a shop with loads of noises and other animals, I had a new collar, harness, food and toys! I liked it there! When I got back home...yes I did go back! I went to sleep on the chair while Lisa and Phil went out...when they came back 2 hrs later I heard them say they'd been watching me on a camera and that I was an excellent boy?, I know my way Around the house now, but not sure of the utility room as I think I might get wet every time I go out there. My human brother came to see me with his friend Amy. I played with the both of them for a while then snuggled up to Phil for a while before going to bed,

Monday.......Lisa took me out early at 6am for a very long walk, I heard her say it was 10 miles, we were out for hours, I loved it! I like where I'm living. After washing my paws Lisa then left me at home for a few hours to snooze, she said I was a good boy as she had been watching me on camera again! Plenty of playtime and treats and we even did a treasure treat hunt in the kitchen! I loved that! A walk around the local streets in the evening, playtime then bed!

Tuesday.....I was left alone a few times throughout the day while Lisa disappeared, I think she said she had clients. I barked for a short time but I know already she will be back so I settled down quickly. I had a long walk up a mountain today lunchtime there was lots of rivers, streams and pools with newts in...as it's all enclosed Lisa let me have a run off lead, and I went back every time! I really enjoyed that. It's all new smells I am enjoying myself! I had Phil all to myself Tues and Weds night as Lisa was working, I love cwtching up to him xx

Wednesday
Lovely walk up the forestry again this morning. I was excitable and barked at some people, but I am really settling in now! I ran into a big stone and scraped my shoulder and leg but only a scratch. I am clumsy! But Lisa rubbed it and it was all better.

Thursday
I met lots of new people today, I enjoyed it and even met my neighbours dogs and only barked a little. I love my toys

Friday....I've been here a week now and enjoyed myself so much....today we went to the beach even, though it was cloudy and Lisa took me to enrol with the Welsh Dog Whisperer, I liked Colin very much and am looking forward to mixing with his class first, then staying for a whole class next week. We went back to the car and then went to my new vet Heather to meet her, she gave me jabs she said I landed on my feet and I'd be spoiled!!

Lisa then took me to my local pet shop and I enjoyed seeing the variety....I chose a ball and some treats, I went and looked at the rabbits and rats, it was great.

All in all I've had a wonderful first week, I think I will stay here!

Lisa will send you pics and videos to show everyone what a great time I have xxx

I'll keep you updated in a few weeks time xxx

Thank you Your Doddie xxx ❤️
Last edited by lucyloo on Fri 13 Apr 2018 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Oh my what a wonderful update from Dodger! Lots of cwtches to you from your RR fans xx
nada.c

Post by nada.c »

:nicethread.gif: Dodger, what a lovely update! You have landed on your feet :goodjob.gif:
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Awesome!!
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

Dodger...sounds like you are having a wonderful active life and relishing all the love coming your way! :havefun.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”