Lucy Staffie DofB 2008 - 25th November 22

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
mandyandmike

Re: Lucy Staffie DofB 2008 Rustington Foster

Post by mandyandmike »

Fabulous news, made my night to think of her all warm and cuddled up, thank you Rachel and family. love4.gif
Rachellm

Re: Lucy Staffie DofB 2008 Rustington foster

Post by Rachellm »

Well lovely Lucy has been with us for a week and she has settled beautifully! She has so many good points it’s difficult to know where to begin.....she is so loving, calm and gentle and just wants to love and please you love4.gif
She loves her walks and is eager to get going, she is quite strong on the lead :smiley-chores002.gif: but very easily managed, even my daughters walk her with no difficulties. We pass lots of dogs on walks and she has so far showed no negative reaction and seems to want to see them thumbs.gif
Other than a couple of wee accidents in the first two days one of which when she first came in the house and the other when we left her alone for the first time (and a bin rummage :wasntme.gif:) she has been completely housetrained :goodjob.gif: we think this is pretty impressive as Lucy has been in kennels for around 14 months (9 months in a previous kennels before coming to RR) smiley-sad010.gif
After some advice from Lynne we have since left Lucy at home a couple of times for short periods and with her kong to keep her busy she has been fine no accidents or damage blob6.gif]
Our daughter Charlotte has had a reading week from uni this week so has been Lucy’s companion, lots of cuddles and lazy days....I mean studying 0002.gif] and Lucy happily laid on the sofa or in her bed and snoozed while Charlotte worked angel13.gif] Charlotte is completely smitten with Lucy and I think the feeling is mutual Heart fill with love.gif]

We had a walk into the village today and Lucy was very good, it was very crowded but she took it in her stride and enjoyed the fuss she had made of her by passers by, she loves a stroke and doesn’t jump up or get over excited :goodjob.gif: even when people come to the house. The mouthing mentioned in her thread happens very rarely now and usually when she is excited, but it is so gentle you hardly feel her and if you ask her to stop she does so immediately.
Lucy is adorable and :crossfingers.gif: her forever home comes soon love4.gif love4.gif

CF2A4EB5-43A2-491C-B8D8-AB08BEAA515F.jpeg

How can you resist those ears!
How can you resist those ears!

BA8A876D-70BB-4E60-B575-4AF6A98FC903.jpeg

ED0C897B-E87E-4C98-B001-2EC063C08EFF.jpeg
Last edited by Rachellm on Sat 28 Oct 2017 19:47, edited 3 times in total.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely photos and update thank you so much for giving an older dog a foster home :thanks.gif:
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lucy locket, so pleased you are having a rest from kennels, thank you Rachel. love4.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

She’s a special lady Mandy, it’s my birthday today so we’ve had lots of visitors and they have all fallen in love with her love4.gif
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Can totally understand that, she`s a little sweetheart love4.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Lucy continues to show us what a good dog she is. I have been off work this week and really enjoyed her company. Lucy loves to follow you round the house to see what you’re doing, initially this was all the time but she’s now more confident to stay in the lounge while I have got on with other things :goodjob.gif: She sleeps on the sofa at night with no problems. She meets all guests well including younger ones and everyone loves her love4.gif
Outside she can be strong initially on the lead but this soon settles and is getting better we have noticed. Lucy loves her walks and we have been on lots this week, we have seen other dogs and she has shown no negative reactions although we have managed to avoid the poorly controlled ones which is a miracle round here! She walked nicely with my mother in laws small dog last week and didn’t really pay her much attention thumbs.gif
I have left her alone for 3 hours this week which she managed well, this is in preparation for me going back to work next week. She will be going into work with Steve for a couple of days, she isn’t keen on it as it is noisy but luckily it isn’t every day.
Lucy is an all round lovely dog and it is a pleasure to have her as our foster girl love4.gif
059F6A04-DF6E-4C12-8BFB-C1677D1ECB69.jpeg
Collapsed after a long walk!
Collapsed after a long walk!
Snuggled on a cold night
Snuggled on a cold night
How can you resist that face?!
How can you resist that face?!
Waiting patiently for me to get ready so we can go for a walk
Waiting patiently for me to get ready so we can go for a walk
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Good girl Lucy. x thumbs.gif
Rachellm

Post by Rachellm »

Lucy continues to show what a lovely dog she is, this week has been return to usual routine for us all and she has adapted really well. She has been into work with Steve a few times this week, she doesn’t like being in the office when he isn’t there and can jump the safety gate, so the compromise is she lays on a mat near him so she can watch him working in the workshop (she is a nosy Staffie after all!) I then I pick her up early afternoon and she stays at home for the rest of the afternoon on her own for 3 hours and has been fine thumbs.gif
Apologies for my poor video skills, but this shows with careful introductions Lucy is happy to share her walk with another dog and even say hello :goodjob.gif: she isn’t keen on big dogs or dogs that run up to her so will tell them off, otherwise she just watches them with interest and no reaction :smiley-chores002.gif:

pits

Post by pits »

Great video and photos, that photo of her on the sofa is so cute!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”