Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Neilmarion

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by Neilmarion » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:28 pm

rps20170915_162734_818.jpg
I have been back home from my holiday for a whole week now so it's time to tell you about all that's happened since my last blog.
It was great to see my old friends at Horley. They really appreciated having me with them again and were very kind to me. I had a posh new kennel in the private wing. My bed was new too, but I still prefer the one I share with Mum and Dad at home.
They collected me last Thursday and I gave them a big welcome. Holidays are okay but it's always nice to come home.
It's been largely back to normal since I got back. We went to the Royal Foresters show in Windsor Great Park on Wednesday and I saw lots of cows and sheep. Some of the cows had big long horns and were very hairy. Mum said they were Highland cows from Scotland like her ( they did have red hair like hers, come to think of it ). Mum took my photo in front of some sheep that might have been Welsh like me. So it was a very Celtic sort of a day.
Back next week.

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:56 am

It's been a bit of a mixed week. The lady called Fran came round on Monday and came into my house for a while before we went out for a walk with her two dogs. When I tried to nip her ankles, I was put in the kitchen, which I didn't like. When I was let out and didn't nip, she gave me some super treats. When we went for a walk in my woods it was okay until she let her dogs off the lead and they ran all over the place. I didn't like that one bit and tried to tell them off but couldn't get close enough. It was alright when Fran put them back on the lead.
On Tuesday, Mum went to her RDA job and was away for ages and ages. I didn't like that. She did the same on Thursday for her hairdo. I didn't like that either.
I did enjoy Wednesday, though. We went for a pub lunch with some really nice people called Jose and Gordon. I sat under the table and behaved myself. I also had a nice time yesterday. We went to Beechdown again and Mum took me for a long walk and then we watched the racehorses galloping. I like going to Beechdown.
Friday was horrid. Mum and Dad went to Newbury races and left me for hours in a crate in the tack room of their friend Crispin ' s yard. I did get taken for one or walks but I was really glad when Mum and Dad came back and rescued me.
So you see it's been an up and down time.
Next week, Mum and Dad's friend, Liz, from Alderney is coming to stay for a few days. I have been told to behave myself.

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:34 pm

I have had a very busy time since I last wrote. Last Tuesday we picked up Mum and Dad's friend Liz from Gatwick and went on to Canterbury where we had lunch outside an hotel and the waiter brought me a bowl of fresh water and I helped Mum and Liz finish their club sandwiches. I liked that but I didn't enjoy walking through Canterbury cos all I could see were lots of people's feet. I was glad to get home after the long car journeys.
Liz stayed with us until Saturday and I didn't bite her ankles, I just lay on the settee and kept an eye on her. We all went to the Barleymow in Englefield Green on Wednesday and the White Hart in Chobham on Saturday. Two nice ladies said I was very handsome and fed me tidbits in the pub on Saturday. I like the White Hart.
On Monday, my American admirer, Charlotte, arrived from Virginia. I like her cos she brought me chicken sticks and feeds me treats. I didn't bite her but did bark at her when she came down stairs in the mornings. She took us all to the White Hart for supper yesterday which was nice. I lay under the table and was very well behaved, even if I didn't get any tidbits like the collie at the next table. I have decided she can be my auntie.
Auntie Charlotte left this morning but promised me to be back in a fortnight. That will be nice.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Ooooooh Flint - you have such a lovely life. You are indeed a very handsome boy - no wonder you have so many admirers.xxx.

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:05 pm

rps20171016_140425_548.jpg
rps20171016_140328_237.jpg
rps20171016_140226_454.jpg
rps20171016_140226_454.jpg
7Mum and Dad took me on holiday last week. We went to Arundel and stayed in an hotel called the White Swan. We drove down on Wednesday and came home on Saturday. On the way down we stopped in Petworth and walked round the town. It was very busy with traffic and the pavements were narrow. I didn't like Petworth. On the first day we had lunch in the Red Lion in Arundel and, on Thursday and Friday, we had lunch in the Norfolk Arms. The barmaid in the Norfolk Arms gave me a sausage. I like the Norfolk Arms. We went for lots of walks - around the town, along the river bank and to a big lake with lots of ducks, swans, coots and moorhens. On Thursday afternoon we went to Littlehampton and I saw the sea. I was well behaved at the hotel. We ate in the big bar each evening and I slept all night with Mum and Dad and didn't ask out in the night.
Mum took some photos of me on the bank of the river Arun and in Littlehampton.

Fran

Post by Fran » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 am

Flint you have been a good boy with your visitors well done. How nice that you have had a nice week away and enjoyed seeing your holiday photos. You are such a lucky boy :havefun.gif:

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:08 pm

So pleased that you had a lovely holiday Flint. My home town is Littlehampton! I know Arundel very well. No wonder you had a lovely time xx

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:54 pm

rps20171029_155330_358.jpg
Auntie Charlotte came to stay Friday before last. I was really pleased to see her again. She had to go home to America on Monday and I was very sorry to see her go. She is coming back again in February and has promised to bring me chicken sticks. I like Auntie Charlotte and spent a lot of time lying on the floor looking soulfully at her empty seat on the settee.
This is me being coy at Auntie Charlotte's feet.

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 am

I have been honing my hunting skills. It has always frustrated me that, despite running after them very fast, I have never managed to catch a squirrel. So I was most proud of myself when I despatched a ring tailed parakeet that was stealing the peanuts meant for the little birds. I shot out of the back door and, as it struggled to reach full flying speed, pounced and caught it in midair! How about that? I wanted Mum to take a picture of the corpse for my blog but she wouldn't.
I nearly got a cat yesterday evening when I went out to go to the bathroom after tea. It just managed to escape into the next door garden by climbing the chain link fence. Mum and Dad seemed glad that it escaped. They said she is called Roxy and belongs to our neighbours and it would have been embarrassing if I had hurt her. They said she is a nice little cat. Harrumph!! There is no such thing as a nice cat and she shouldn't have been in our garden.

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Ooooh Flint, you little pickle!! Big hugs to you, miss you lots. Xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”