Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
Neilmarion

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by Neilmarion » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:12 am

It's a bit dull and drizzly, so good day to update my blog. I went out in the car 3 times last week and am beginning to not mind it too much. On Wednesday, we went to the SANG again and I went on another walk with Myra. I met some other dogs and behaved myself. On Friday, I went to the Arab stud and stayed with Crispin and Alison while Mum and Dad went to the races at a place called Newbury. I thought they were never coming back, but they did and I was so glad to see them. I jumped and squeaked and ran round in circles, just like I used to do in Horley. On Saturday Myra came round to my house and took me for a walk in Ottershaw Park. It poured with rain and I got very wet, which I didn't like. Myra came into my house with me and sat on the settee and, once Dad had rubbed me down (which I didn't like much), I sat next to her and let her stroke me. But later she bent down to pull up her socks, so I growled and might have nipped her if Mum hadn't told me firmly not to. Mum and Dad say it wouldn't be safe to leave me with Myra to let them go on holiday as I can't be trusted. I hope that means they don't go on holiday! Yesterday, I went in the car to the Fox and Hounds for coffee and croissants with Zelia. I liked that. In the afternoon, I watched the Tour de France on television. There was an advertisement with cats which I found distressing. I squeaked and squeaked at the screen and tried to get behind the tv to see where they had gone to when they disappeared.
I think I'll have a little nap now. Bye.

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:52 pm

rps20170731_155019.jpg
]It's been a quiet week for me, but I have had a couple of successes. Myra came round on Tuesday for tea and cake. I think Mum and Dad wanted to give me another chance to behave nicely to her. I was alright while she sat drinking her tea and eating coffee cake (I got to lick some crumbs and icing off her plate). But when she got up to go I decided I had been good long enough and growled and thought about nipping her ankle. So that was a result! I am not going to be left here with her while Mum and Dad go on holiday.
Then this morning I had another bit of good news. I am going on holiday myself! When Mum and Dad go to Alderney in September, I am going to stay with my friends in Horley for 3 nights. It will be nice to see them all again.
Here are some photos of me in my house on the settee and having a drink on the patio.
rps20170731_155128_960.jpg
rps20170731_155128_960.jpg
rps20170731_155019.jpg
rps20170731_154642_166.jpg

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Cannot wait to see you again flint. You and I are going to have a little chat about being nice to Myra.xx

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 pm

0093.gif oh Flint you are a little pickle! Corrina definitely needs that little chat xx

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:50 pm

rps20170807_164937_501.jpg
Hi everyone. I have to report that there are some really discerning people around. When I was out with Mum on my walk on Saturday, we were just by the church and a big car pulled into the side of the main road. The man driving wound down his window and said to Mum "what a very good looking dog". How about that! I stopped the traffic!
Myra came round again for coffee. She tried to pretend that she wasn't too disappointed to be relieved of the responsibility of looking after me next month.
This week's picture is my supervising the gardeners from the settee.

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 pm

Last week started badly but finished well. On Monday Mum was away for hours and hours running the start and timekeeping team at Smith's Lawn horse trials. I gave her a great welcome when she came back. Tuesday wasn't so bad, 'cos Dad and I took her to the horse trials in the morning and collected her in the evening, so I didn't have to spend so long without her. The rest of Mum's team met me when we picked her up, which was nice for them. Myra was there too and I didn't bite her.
On Saturday, we went to Beechdown again and I watched the racehorses galloping up the gallops (from a safe distance). Lots of nice people came up to make friends and admire me.
Just as well I don't mind horses or bark at or chase them as it seems I'm going to see quite a lot of them in my new life.

heleny

Post by heleny » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Ha ha Flint - you are developing the most amazing sense of humour to go with that cute face and perfect body. No wonder you stopped the traffic - you are totally gorgeous and I think Myra will start thinking that too once you are really nice to her. It will be great to see you again - even though I just know you are going to miss your mum loads. The few days will soon pass and you will be back with her soon. 0028.gif love4.gif

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:23 pm

rps20170820_172206.jpg
Flint (k) napping

Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:17 pm

I was going to write up my diary yesterday, so it would have been a Bank Holiday blog (I think it's called something like "literation" and is a smart thing we writers do). But, anyway, I didn't get round to it, so this is just a normal blog.
Not much happened last couple of weeks. Mum and Dad spent a lot of time watching the horse racing from York and got very excited when a horse called Marsha won a big race. Gave me quite a fright, their shouting at the tv.
I have been talking them down to the village for the paper most days and today I took Mum for another long woodland walk in the afternoon. I didn't much like the holiday weekend. There were too many strange people and their dogs around in my woods and my paddock. Mum and Dad kept apologising when I was just defending them and my territory. Huh!
That's all for a while. I'm on holiday with my old friends in Horley next week. I keep thinking how nice it will be for them.
PS Dad says it's "alliteration" not "literation". I reckon I was pretty close - for a little dog.

aloepeter

Post by aloepeter » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Fantastic, fun-filled Forum fluency, Flint! Felicitations.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”