Flint JRT DofB 2013 - 26th February 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
neilmarion1

Re: Flint JRT DofB 2013 Ottershaw Surrey

Post by neilmarion1 »

Dad has just received an email saying that the White Horse has been voted the best pub in the UK. I expect my having chosen to stay there plus my favourable comments in my blog must have influenced the judges.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

My oh My we have the very great pleasure of His Highness this week. Flint should be renamed Pebble he is soft, smooth and very well rounded ie has lost his 'edge'... He is very settled in the kennel block and admired by all
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Dear mum and dad, I miss you both but hope you’re having a great time. Corrina came to see me today. She picked me up and kept kissing me - she kissed me so much I sneezed!! We had a lovely walk - she said I’m even easier to walk now and even more handsome. She had brought me my favourite lunch - chicken with rice......glad she remembered. After my light lunch, I had my afternoon nap on her lap....I’m pretty sure she might have closed her eyes for a minute or two as well. It’s been good to catch up with old friends but can’t wait to be back in my rightful place - king of our castle.
Love Flint. X
B81CFCB5-E8BE-4556-A863-6F772109E341.jpeg
C5B68DAC-E8EB-49DA-B6CB-3E1BA157500F.jpeg
B1A37843-824D-4DB0-9403-0D4D83D62416.jpeg
04BAAA8D-848C-4B42-9B35-61CAD8A675BC.jpeg
A4D12B3A-2EA5-4146-BE3A-C6C916E8581E.jpeg
78343B04-A195-40E5-8C3B-E879AA2EC431.jpeg
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

I enjoyed my holiday, meeting my old friends at Horley. Mum and Dad picked me up last Monday, which was exactly a year to the day from when I first chose them to be my new family. I have been very busy since I got back, reestablishing control in my garden. The squirrels and bad black birds had become very cheeky while I was away.
Everything is back to normal now, though, and I can relax. In fact, I think I'll have a little nap now.
Bye
ChrisE

Post by ChrisE »

Lovely pics of Flint. Sounds like he enjoyed his holiday but that he was really glad to get back home.
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

It's still really hot. I like to lie on the grass in my garden when it's sunny.
We all went down to Beechdown on Saturday. A lot of my admirers were there. They were glad to see me. I went for a walk but didn't go as far as usual because the grass was very long and I couldn't see where I was going. So Mum and I watched the horses on the gallops. I am very well behaved and don't bark at them.
We went to the Sun in Chobham last week and to the White Hart the week before. We are going to stay for a couple of days in Dorset later this week. I like going to pubs and visiting new places - provided Mum and Dad are with me !
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

rps20180703_091558_836.jpg
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

Being angelic in Shaftesbury abbey ruins
Gold Hill. It's a wholemeal new world
Gold Hill. It's a wholemeal new world
Attachments
rps20180713_102433_934.jpg
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

I am very glad the hot weather has gone away. Although I didn't much enjoy getting soaked on my walk this morning. I had to suffer the indignity of being rubbed down with a towel, while lying on my side on the settee.
We went to the White Hart on Friday, which was nice.
There was thunder and lightning in the afternoon. I was lying on the settee quietly, when there was this big, big bang and flash of forked lightning. I jumped off and charged into the garden barking furiously to tell it to go away. It did! Mum and Dad were very grateful for my protecting them. They said I was very brave. I am, of course.
Neilmarion

Post by Neilmarion »

Last week didn't start very well. Mum was busy with her horse trials on Monday and Tuesday, which meant that she was away for ages and ages, which I didn't like. Then, when we got home on Tuesday, having picked her up from Smith's Lawn, I got a row from Dad for charging after a cat and making him drop an expensive bottle of wine, which smashed on the tarmac. Mum said Dad should have held on to the wine and let me go. Whatever, I say it was the cat's fault.
We went to Beechdown again on Saturday. I enjoyed it. I had a nice walk, lots of people admired me and I was very good when the horses galloped past.
Mum and Dad have decided that they are old enough and have joined the National Trust. Yesterday, we went to Polesden Lacey and walked round the grounds. Afterwards, I got a bit of Mum and Dad's sandwiches and cake. There were lots of other dogs there but a very nice, intelligent lady who worked there said I was her favourite. That was nice, even if undeniably true.
This is me being good, watching the racehorses
This is me being good, watching the racehorses

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”