Freddie (Alfredo) Spanish "Terrier" DoB 19.12.14 Kingston

Dogs that have found their forever home
aloepeter

Re: Alfredo Spanish "Terrier" DoB 19.12.14 Kingston Xmas Fos

Post by aloepeter »

Well, Alfredo came for Christmas and he's still here at New Year ...
ao01.JPG

... yes, he seems to be getting more settled with every passing day. The picture was taken, here in the office, a moment ago and that basket is really Harpo/Zeppo size. So it seems to be true that a lurcher can fit in anywhere. In his own quiet way Alfredo likes to know where I am and, as you can see, he's starting to stay a little closer. In a calm home, with people who respect his affectionate but independent nature, Alfredo will blossom. They also need to be prepared for some goofy moments. Usually Alfredo is kind but firm with the boys but today Harpo felt it necessary to tell him off about something. Alfredo made the classic gesture of rear down, tail under and move away but I swear he did it with a smirk ... we have to humour the little squirt! Seriously, we've reached the fortnight milestone when H&Z usually bring out the rule book so it's fingers crossed that nothing silly happens to disrupt a very enjoyable stay.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update. ...brilliant news the boys have let Alfredo stay a bit longer xmaskick.gif
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Just a glimpse of the frenetic life we lead here ... not!
ah01.JPG
... Alfredo - adorable boy - has adopted Pat ...
ah02.JPG
... Zeppo has reorganised the bone rota ...
ah03.JPG
... and Alfredo shows how he's not really that interested in food.
ah04.JPG
And, while we're on the subject of food, Alfredo currently eats the same quantity as H or Z - in two meals per day - and takes the same time to finish it. No squabbling either. :crossfingers.gif:
LindaS

Post by LindaS »

Great to see! Alfredo is one smart cookie (with great bat ears).
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Lovely to see Alfredo having a break from kennels . Thankyou
dymphnae

Post by dymphnae »

Lovely to see Alfredo enjoying his foster break, I'm sure he's learning a lot!
Moonflete

Post by Moonflete »

aloepeter wrote:Well, Alfredo came for Christmas and he's still here at New Year.
I remember saying something similar with Mally........3 Christmasses ago!!
:havefun.gif: Alredo and be a good boy. love4.gif
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

lads01.JPG
Thank you, Alfredo fans, for your good wishes. We needed them today. Hardly back indoors from a long walk, Alfredo set about a cushion (last of a set made by a friend about 40 years ago). I let him know what I thought. If a dog wants to take me to the edge - and many have - I'm quite prepared to inform them when I've arrived. Alfredo is, of course, staying on here until that really special family steps forward who love him even more than I do.

Alfredo has clearly been sent here by a higher power with a message that I need to tidy the place. Not only does he have a "thing" for textiles he also seems to have a passion for cleaning materials. At least, he's been raiding the bag of stuff I bought before Christmas and left in the hall; taunting me that it's not good enough to just buy it, I actually need to use it ... or he will! First it was an antibacterial spray - took a lot of insisting that it was "Mine!" - then a full bottle of disinfectant which was, thank heaven, much easier to retrieve. In an unrelated incident I found a new pair of work gloves had been removed from their packet and placed unharmed, and matched, on my bed.

In the meantime, Moonflete, I hear what you're saying! Harpo and Zeppo were only going to be here for a month while I was between jobs. We've just had our fifth Christmas together. Incidentally the boys are visibly pleased that Alfredo doesn't receive special treatment; he can be yelled at too. Now why on earth would I ever need to do that ...?
lads02.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Love the last pic H&Z are so funny ....blaming it all on Alfredo 0002.gif] 0002.gif] [0128.gif]
FranB

Re: Alfredo Spanish "Terrier" DoB 19.12.14 Kingston Foster

Post by FranB »

Aww, he’s as gorgeous as ever and in the last picture he looks like his ears might have grown a tiny bit love4.gif
Fran

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”