Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 Loughton Essex

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
MrsP

Re: Olive Mastiff x DofB 2013 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:28 am

One of the biggest was also one of the easiest dogs I walked yesterday, the beautiful Olive love4.gif
Olive is worried by strangers and dogs approaching her on her walks so I put a head collar on her, not because she pulls but because I've found they often relax a protective dog, it takes away their "job". It did that for Olive and she passed dogs and strangers beautifully, loose lead and glued to my hip the whole time.
She is a striking and gentle girl who does the most adorable "paw" I've ever seen. Another one of those "if only" dogs for me :smiley-rolleyes010.gif:
Olive1.jpg

CatB

Post by CatB » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:01 pm

Never judge a book by its cover ... Olive is a prime example of this. She looks big and powerful but she is super gentle, easy to walk and with voice reassurance she passed strangers and other dogs perfectly. We had a lovely, super easy walk. I can imagine her being a wonderful companion for someone.
20170404_122627_opt.jpg

elmo

Post by elmo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:26 pm

Oh, Olive. I have fallen in love with this gentle giant. Such an easy walk, loose lead the entire time, but I could tell she was a little anxious, as she stuck right by my side the entire time. She seemed quite worried by the road, and preferred me to be between her and the noisy cars. She was also a bit uneasy when one of her kennel mates was walking a few yards behind, letting out a low growl but just needed some reassurance. She just needs a sofa to snuggle on and she'd be able to relax properly. I can't wait to walk her again (though with a bit of luck, she'll have found her family before then!) xx

FranB

Post by FranB » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:56 pm

FullSizeRender.jpg
My first walk with Olive and what a lovely girl she is, so gentle and great to walk. We met Sandy and Skye on the way home and she just walked along as good as gold. Very expressive face and always looking back for reassurance. I know it's been said before but she will be a real catch for someone who sees beyond her lovely big self.

AlisonC

Post by AlisonC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 pm

I walked Olive for the first time today and WOW she is absolutely gorgeous. So happy and excited in her kennel in a lovely cuddly way. As has been said before, whist she is a larger dog she is one of the easiest dogs I have walked . Olive likes to walk right by your side and is very connected giving very cute look backs regularly. She is still a little nervous out on walks but takes a lot of confidence from her walker and she seemed to like me chatting away to her as we walked. I think it would be very easy to fall in love with Olive ! Get form filling now forever family xx

TJB

Post by TJB » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Met and walked Olive for the first time today...She is gorgeous, inside and out. She made me laugh from the outset, Mrs wiggly-bum white I was trying to get her harness on - she was hysterical and I'm sure she was actually laughing at me :-)

She literally is the easiest walk. As said before, she takes a lot of confidence from her walker and we met a couple of different people jogging (one ran up behind us) a few others walking and she was as good as gold. She looked a bit unsure when we had to walk quite closely to some cows that were having a dip in the river, but with a bit of chatting (me, not her) and a biscuit on her nose, she walked straight past without a second glance.

She really does seem to form an immediate bond so I can only imagine what kind of love and loyalty she would give her permanent family.....

Don't be put off by her size as she really is the ultimate gentle giant from what I saw today.
IMG_0800.JPG
Olive gazing at the ducks - she didn't even want to chase them!
Olive98.JPG

pits

Post by pits » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:53 pm

I took Olive for a walk for the first time earlier. She's so easy to walk and has such a cute face. She reminds me a lot of the dog Tansy. She was very relaxed and walked with no pulling at all, and loved her treats too.
o1.jpg
o2.jpg
o3.jpg
o4.jpg

andyrols

Post by andyrols » Mon May 01, 2017 10:42 am

A wonderful, gentle dog who is going to make some lucky person very happy x

pits

Post by pits » Fri May 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Olive walking happily with friend Lola earlier, she was very good:
olivelola.jpg

LindaS

Post by LindaS » Sat May 13, 2017 8:18 pm

I walked Olive today and oh my what a wonderful dog - she is so easy and so connected with you. I have talked to her over the time she has been a Guildford but never walked her before. We walked over to the island and passed people out walking, canoeists, and fellow RR dogs all of which she managed with ease - I felt completely at ease walking her and she walked to heal at all times (other than when she was having a roll around). Great dog and she does a brilliant sit and look at me :D
Olive 1.jpg
Pretty in pink

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”