Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Haslemere Surrey

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Haslemere Surrey

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Sebby is our Dog of the month for March 18
Sebby16.JPG
Sebby's Story : Sebby lived with his family since a puppy. He has always been protective of his food and nipped/ bit a crawling child on the face as it was coming near his bowl. The family booked him in to be put to sleep and the vet asked us if we could save him: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Sebby is neutered; chipped and fully vaccinated. Sebby came into our care 28.11.16 Sebby is in boarding kennels in Gatwick. Sebby needs a quiet life with another dog or 2 he likes to be more in the background and left to himself.

Sebby is 6 years old, Border Collie x, neutered, good with dogs and adults, but now not for young children. Sebby can be possessive over food/space: Sebby is a grazer and can guard his half empty bowl hence his incident with a crawling 9 month grandbaby, and he lost his home. It will need work to isolate this issue, and get him to clear his bowl i.e. 3 small meals or a real appetiser to ensure he clears his bowl but doesn't guard the residue in his bowl Not a big issue in kennels but a staff member did witness it. Sebby has a 'collie mind' and will need an experienced collie owner to understand his needs

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months until sure of their dogs instincts & skills, some need to be retained always on a lead, so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Sebby's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.
Sebby5.jpg
Sebby66.JPG
Sebby24.JPG
Sebby's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 24.11.16: Please can we help a Collie who nipped a 9 month crawling grandchild. Family are happy to hold until after the weekend Johnx
Sebby15.jpg
Tim

Re: Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 South London comes 28t

Post by Tim »

Wowza - he's a handsome boy :D
One Photo Can Save a Life

We love walking the kennel dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionaire
https://rescueremedies.wufoo.com/forms/ ... tionnaire/
xxlynne

Re: Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Chessington Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Sebby was understandably a little reticent today as he has left his family and he appeared on a journey he knew not where. After a vet check and 1st vaccination John passed him into the care of our vets until I was able to take him. We went to my favourite wood and had a long walk. He enjoyed the walk..wasn't keen on the 'sit command' but then who was I?! Sebby was keen on the scotch egg though.
Here Sebby is on 'entry to Rescue' walk.
Sebby5.jpg
Sebby6.jpg
Sebby7.jpg
Sebby8.jpg
Sebby9.jpg
Sebby1.jpg
Sebby2.jpg
Sebby3.jpg
Sebby4.jpg
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

:welcome.gif: to the family Sebby xx
LizS

Post by LizS »

I took Sebby out for a walk today, he was a bit nervous with loud noises and when we passed people but seemed to really enjoy his walk and exploring the woods. After the walk he was a bit less nervous and was happy to sit and have a little cuddle and some sausages. thumbs.gif
Teggs

Post by Teggs »

Was greeted with a cuddle from sebby this morning! He was a little nervous heading up the hill, but relaxed into the walk as we hit the fields. Was as good as gold, but as Lis said gets a little nervous when we passed people. However towards the end of the walk I got a few jumps out of him when she saw a pack of dogs on the path and a very waggy tail, and even tried to approach a ambull and staffie (who turned out to be a little grouchie!)

Hopefully his stay will be short! But, I hope he learns to relax a little in a new environment. He's a clever boy and loves a cuddle.

(Will add a pic soon)
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Met this beautiful boy this afternoon - the light was fading but he's soooo very very handsome that he still looked amazing ...
DSC01756 - Copy.JPG
DSC01776.JPG
lovely head tilt <3
lovely head tilt <3
DSC01756.JPG
DSC01766.JPG
DSC01772.JPG
DSC01760.JPG
DSC01765.JPG
DSC01763.JPG
DSC01774.JPG
oh and such a nice warm coat Sebby has, just the ticket for this time of year thumbs.gif

Warm coat or not lets get this boy in front of a nice warm fire on a lovely soft rug before christmas :crossfingers.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sebby had a great break with Andy's family for 3 days. Sebby went in withdrawn and remote and came out very relaxed and had wonderful walks and play sessions. Sebby has had kennel cough so he went to our vet and was placed on antibiotics. A long day in a warm dog mobile. We stopped off for a cat test which showed Sebby to be 'cat blind' He saw them but look straight through them like he did with the chickens.

LizS

Post by LizS »

I've walked Sebby a few times now and his confidence is definitely growing, he's always happy to see you and loves being out walking and exploring. He always meets other dogs well, we came across about 7 or 8 off lead dogs, some of them were quite excited and Sebby looked a bit nervous, he did back away a bit but never showed any aggression. They were all friendly so he let them all sniff him and then we went on our way. Sebby is an easy dog to walk, very calm, he doesn't pull on the lead and looks back every now and then to check on you. I don't think he's very happy in the kennels, he could do with a sofa and lots of love and security. love4.gif
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1060.JPG
IMG_1064.JPG
meganraex

Re: Sebby Rough Collie x DofB 10.2011 Broxbourne Kenns

Post by meganraex »

I met and walked Sebby today and wow! What a dream! Any collie fan couldn't help but instantly fall in love with this gentleman.
We had a lovely relaxed walk with lots of sniffing and exploring together. He was very happy to pass both people and dogs and very much enjoys cuddles and fuss. All this wonderful boy needs is a loving, consistent home and a warm sofa to curl up on!
Sebby.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”