Benny Jack x Chi DofB 05.10.07 - 4th March 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
aloepeter

Re: Benny Jack x DofB 2007 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Post by aloepeter »

How is benny doing ?????
Benny is doing very well, thanks. You will be able to see how well when I find my camera ... (pray I haven't left it outside). In the month since Ava was homed life here has calmed down and Benny has grown in confidence. Regular readers will know that "the Boyz" (Harpo and Zeppo) operate a closed shop and temporary residents are not expected to have direct access to management (that's me). Benny is standing his ground at mealtimes, is out on border patrol with Zeppo and any spats with Harpo are barely worth the name. In fact he is being considered for membership of The Union of Helpful, Zealous and Beneficial Dogs (hereafter referred to as "The HZB"). At the moment Benny doesn't have the right to vote or bring motions to Council but I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before he's given a union card....
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Haha great update ...the boys antics make me PMSL .... :thanks.gif: love4.gif
terrierlover65

Post by terrierlover65 »

Sending my very best wishes to Benny and the boys 0002.gif]
Linda

Post by Linda »

Benny caught my eye a while ago....lovely little fella. Hope he finds his forever home soon. Love the update on him....smiling lots.
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Had the pleasure of meeting our dear little Benny this morning as he is currently in kennels. I have been following his thread so I was highly delighted to find that he was on my walking list this morning. What a sweet little boy he is love4.gif As soon as Benny saw the leads in my hand his tail started to wag. He was non reactive to the other dogs in the kennel block as we passed by. Passing traffic was not a problem and Benny walks really nicely on a slack lead. Benny loved his walk through the woods and loved investigating all the smells. We then did the woodland walk and Benny was very excited to see a squirrel who bravely crossed our path. It was an absolute pleasure to spend time with Benny. A very gentle boy who initially was a little timid but we were friends in no time. Benny sat down and took his treats very nicely with no snatching. Somebody is going to be so lucky to have him. Super boy, loved him Heart fill with love.gif]

Those sausages tasted good!
20170521_113002.jpg
Any more squirrels about?
Attachments
20170521_113006.jpg
terrierlover65

Post by terrierlover65 »

Lovely to see Benny enjoying his walk in the woods. His terrier nose,and what a glorious terrier nose he has, must have been working overtime searching out interesting smells. He looks really relaxed.Great photos. Sending love to Benny terrierlover65
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_1064.JPG
IMG_1063.JPG
My first time meeting Benny - what a sweetheart he is. After we'd left the kennels, I switched his lead to an extender lead. Benny couldn't wait to get as far away as possible from this 'stranger' taking him for a walk - and immediately used the whole length of the extender. After a few minutes of not wanting to know me, I called him back, with the help of some sausages. After 5 minutes of this, we were friends. I really earned my stripes though when I 'saved' him from 4 off lead retrievers. Asked the owner to please call her dogs back, 3 of them left us alone and dutifully went back but 1 was being a pickle. In the end I had no choice but to get hold of her collar and wait for her owner to get her act together. I think being Bennys security guard cemented our friendship as after that he trotted along happily by my side. Benny is a dear, dear little soul, bless him. Xx
heleny

Post by heleny »

What an amazing little character in his lovely chocolate suit!! For a little dog he really walks fast and enjoys every minute of being outside. He was so anxious to get out of his pen and to go outside that I could barely keep up with him. Heart fill with love.gif]
terrierlover65

Post by terrierlover65 »

He is really enjoying his walks through woodland and grass and looking like a whippersnapper rather than a venerable old gent. Have a wonderful Summer,Benny Terrierlover65xx
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Benny is back in Kingston and has quickly settledinto life here (no trouble with H&Z). Many thanks to all his new friends at Gatwick for helping the little guy through his stay. :smiley-dance017.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”