Benny Jack x Chi DofB 05.10.07 - 4th March 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
terrierlover65

Re: Benny Jack x DofB 2007 Bletchley Bucks

Post by terrierlover65 »

Hello Peter,

Just to let you know that Benny and I are both well. I am happy and I hope that Benny is......but of course where Benny is concerned that is mere speculation!!!t He is just taking things in his stride. Benny loves his new bed, positioned by the patio window so he can monitor the comings and goings in the garden.He takes his guarding duties very seriously and woofs away all bird life including the green woodpecker that i am rather fond of.

I just love him,Peter, and he tolerates me! He doesn't want the cuddly wuddly stuff but is right by my side if i have a tiny piece of cooked chicken between my fingers.....which he removes with the greatest delicacy, yes indeed! We are learning about how to read each other day by day and I have had no more finger nips but I am not ruling them out.

I have taken your advice about the IAMS they seem to suit him better but I don't know what i am going to do with the salmon and potato dry food that he absolutely loathes,he spits them out of the side of his mouth if I try to mix them with his meat. Our Very good wishes from our home to yours, Jackie 'n' Benny
terrierlover65

Post by terrierlover65 »

I am sitting on the sofa writing this and Benny is snuggled in behind my legs. he is really content there, possibly because he knows that he cannot be kicked. I went to take my walking stick out of brolly holder the other day and he cringed as I lifted it. We live with it. Benny has not nipped my fingers since I decided to keep them out of the range of his very healthy teeth. However I have noticed that his little lordship is as gentle as a kitten if I have a morsel of something lovely clamped between my thumb and for fore finger!!

Benny likes to lay in the carpet in the morning sunbeam that comes through the patio windows.....just hanging. When the sun finally fades the carpet I suspect there will be a Benny shaped dark patch where he has lain.

I had my hair done at home yesterday and Benny greeted my hairdresser, Maria. like an old friend despite the fact that he has never met her before. He does that to everybody who comes to the house most especially his good friend John the postman!!! Tomorrow we will walk down to the bottom of the road and wave to my great great nephew Finn on his way to his first day of school.

We are just about to go out into the garden and catch the last of the light. Benny loves to survey his domain. He has a good sniff at the plants, cocks his leg here and there and chases foe that i can't see.

Best Wishes to all of Benny's followers and friends and love to Peter who did the really hard bit and continues to offer most welcome advice
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Thought of Benny today so especially delighted to be greeted with a lovely update Thank you
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Wonderful update: so good to know that Benny is settling well and making friends. The mention of the walking stick shows what he has had to leave behind and that the real hard work has been done by Benny. Wishing you both plenty of Autumn sunshine to enjoy together.
terrierlover65

Post by terrierlover65 »

Hello Peter,
It has been three months since Benny came to live with me and I have to say that on the whole it has been a joy.

I had to take him to the vets on Monday as he had a sore bottom. Turn out that it was his anal glands. The vet gave him an injection and a course of tablets. Turns out that I have been feeding him too much protein and expensive dog food is not necessarily the most nutritious of doggy sustenance. So Benny is going on a diet.

The Vet nurse suggested a product by barking heads, called fat dog slim. I thought that somebody was 'avin' a larf but it was delivered by Amazon this afternoon! Benny has had his first dinner of fat dog slim with two tbsp of chappie twice daily. His Bakers Allsorts and Schmackos have been replaced by carrot and broccolli.......and he is eating it. He is currently laying on my dressing gown, watching TV in my bedroom contentedly guarding a piece of unpeeled carrot!!!

You will be pleased to know that I have claimed back my position as top dog in this house. Benny just accepted that as a woman(and the hand that feeds him) I am entitled to the position.

He continues to greet everyone who comes to the house as a long lost friend who he is pleased to see. That includes the postman, my cleaner, every member of my family, and my friend Hiliary whom he has twisted around his little dew claw.......you should see the two lovely blankets she has knitted for his dog bed! He is on first name terms with most of the street. sits on the front passenger seat of my car when we drive to the woods for walkies and swaggers into the house when he manages to see off the very dangerous squirrel who currently inhabits our garden(he has great acceleration for an elderly dog!!)

As for me, I am soppy about him.!!!!!!!
Regards to you and yours human and canine and especially Benny's friend Pat.
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

love4.gif
aloepeter

Post by aloepeter »

Oh, Jackie, thanks for the wonderful update! It's everything I might have wished for Benny ... and much, much more. So pleased that Benny is finally content and relaxed enough to relinquish control to a human. thumbs.gif
terrierlover65

Post by terrierlover65 »

Hello Lynne,
it is a year today since I adopted Benny and after a sticky start life is wonderful. I suspect that Benny will always carry his emotional scars but I have watched and learned over the year and we rub along very well together. I absolutely love him but he hasn't made his mind up yet. However, after his last nip of the fingers i explained to him that he would not be moving on so we had better get used to each other....and we have.

I don't need an alarm clock as Benny sits by the side of the bed until i wake up and open the back door for him. I have never lifted or cuddled him but he shows affection by nuzzling my hand or initiating a stroke. He has got to know the neighbours during walks and is spoiled by them. My next door neighbour(whom Benny loves) never comes for coffee without bringing the boy a bag of treats, and when my sister came to visit from Canada last April it was mutual love at first sight!

Benny is probably the smartest dog i have ever owned. If he wants something he sits in front of me and swivels his head in the direction of said object(usually treats) and once i have cottoned on indicates exactly where he wants me to place it. He enjoys the garden ,woods and golf course but his favourite place is sitting just outside my patio doors(where he is now catching some rays!) he loves TV but the one thing that really blisses him out is Classics fm. He is also enjoying the Proms!!!!!

Lots of love to all at Rescue Remedies for rescuing him and to Peter for keeping him safe until i could adopt him. Love and woofs Jackie and Bennyxxxx
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sadly Jacqueline, Terrierlover 65 has died and her sister has come over to support. Reluctantly she is asking the Rescue to take little Benny back and Peter has gone to collect benny today.
sweetpea

Re: Benny Jack x DofB 2007 Kingston upon Thames Foster

Post by sweetpea »

How terribly sad. ..... bighug.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”