Fredds JRT DofB 13.6.13 East Grinstead

Dogs that have found their forever home
Christinetully

Re: Fredds JRT DofB 13.6.13 East Grinstead

Post by Christinetully »

Love the pictures and the snoozing ... and as for the vacuum cleaner! Progress indeed all round!!! :smiley-dance017.gif: 0028.gif :smiley-chores002.gif: :smiley-chores002.gif: :smiley-chores002.gif:
Shoura

Post by Shoura »

Taking Fredds to the vet this morning as he has had a sore foot for a couple of days and has been hopping along on three legs (it hasn’t stopped him enjoying his short walks though!). But mainly I want to get his itching dealt with as it is sometimes quite bad and he spends a lot of time chewing his feet....
Feeling somewhat trepidatious about the visit, and am very grateful to lovely Helen who is coming with me to provide moral (and possibly physical!) support!!
Will let you know what happens.... :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Hi Shoura, of course, I don't know what is causing Fredds itching, so hope the vet can tell you. Just a thought though, what are you feeding him? Sometimes, feeding raw can help with skin and tummy problems, so do bear this in mind if you aren't already doing that. I have fed my dogs raw for some years now, and swear by it. Let us know how you get on with the terror x
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Shoura

Post by Shoura »

Well I’m happy to report that all went well! Fredds was obviously very scared but he let the lovely vet (Jessie at EG veterinary hospital) put the muzzle on him and didn’t make a fuss as she examined him. He didn’t like having his anal glands checked (they were fine) but didn’t snarl or snap at all angel13.gif]
Jessie was great with him, very gentle, and has given him Apoquel for the summer. If it’s grass allergy we can try weaning him off it in the autumn/winter and see how he gets on.
Good boy Fredds! And thank you Helen for coming with us, I’d been dreading this moment for weeks and it couldn’t have gone any better really! love4.gif
Regarding raw food, I’m not very keen for some reason... I did try my other two on it some years ago but they didn’t really like it. But at the time I was getting it from a local butcher so maybe it wasn’t very good quality?? I will look into it again. Ideally I would like them all having the same thing, it would make life so much easier 😂😂
Polpat

Post by Polpat »

My terrier has done really well on Apoquel - no more itching and no side effects! Good luck, hope it works.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

I have fed raw for 15 yrs now and wouldnt use anything else ....you can buy raw food with veggies included from pets at home ....alot easier with 3 small dogs ...i buy the meat and cook my own veggies grate raw fruit add oats ...it does take more effort than kibble feed but as Teresa says..i too swear by it ...the health benefits outweigh the extra time needed ...
Great news Fredds was such a good boy at the vets ...he seems to be settling in very well :thanks.gif: woo.gif] love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Fredds was amazing - I was so proud of him. What I loved especially was the way he stuck close to Shoura all the time. I took him for a quick sniff of the vet car park afterwards but when he heard Shoura's voice he just wanted to go back inside the building. I am just so happy he has found his forever home. He is so happy - just gives you a lovely warm feeling to see him with Shoura and his new family. :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

So pleased that Fredds was such a good boy at the vets. Well done Fredds thumbs.gif Really hope that Apoquel helps him. Lovely to hear that Fredds considers Shoura as his mum. Perfect. He has settled in so well love4.gif blob6.gif] xx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Great news the trip to the vets was a success , nice that our volunteers can continue to support our little furry friends, Helen spent a lot of time with Fredds, which helped him so much.

Buttons (ex RR) had to got to the vets last week as he had an eye problem, he managed really really well, I did put a muzzle on him which he did not mind at all, I have found a vet I can walk to blob6.gif] eye all sorted he had a grass seed in it, all completely recovered, but I appreciate how tricky it can be to take a dog who can be a little 'bit of a pickle' 0002.gif] :icon_barking_dog-116.gif: to somewhere they will not like.This vet was very good and they made friends straight away with a big cuddle ! A little bit of an issue with the anesthetic ,Buttons then decided he did NOT like the vet but we managed ok and all was well in the end.The muzzle made it all so much easier.They made friends again afterwards and Buttons stood stock still for him to clean his eye.

Fredds is very lucky to have found his special home with Soura and chums x
Shoura

Post by Shoura »

We had my sister and brother in law over this evening, they hadn’t been for about 4 weeks, and the change in Fredds ‘s behaviour was remarkable! No barking or growling, he went quite close to my brother in law at one point, although kept his distance most of the time, and he was quite friendly with my sister and gave her a good sniffing 😂😂 (they have two dogs of their own). Amazing progress! :goodjob.gif: thumbs.gif
Fredds has been with me for 8 weeks yesterday 😄

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”