Reggie (Buster) JR Terrier DoB 10.04.14 Bexhill on Sea

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Current Status: Homed
Buster.jpg
Buster's Story: Buster was a puppy when he joined a family with a Staffie bitch and cat. Buster was described as a 'terrier' and dominant over Staffie. Was treated for Fleas at the vets and that same night he had a fight with Staffie and was surrendered to the vets the next day: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Buster was neutered on entry to vets care; chipped and vaccination started. Buster came into us on the 24th September in boarding kennels near Chessington awaiting his new family

Summary of homing requirements: New arrival under assessment

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters for at least 4 months when they are sure of their dogs instincts & skills, so as not to place dog's lives at risk (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for 's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time and tolerance to allow them to settle.

Buster's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust.

xxlynne

Re: Buster JR Terrier DofB 10.04.14 Bexhill on Sea Sussex

Post by xxlynne » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:46 pm

Please meet Buster
Buster3.jpg
Buster2.jpg
Buster4.jpg
Buster5.jpg
Buster6.jpg
Who is that Buster?
Buster7.jpg
My new mum Hazel

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Buster8.jpg
Busterhomed1.jpg
My new family Hazel John and Billy
Busterhomed2.jpg
Busterhomed3.jpg
Busterhomed5.jpg
Homing picture please Billy!
Busterhomed6.jpg
Happy Families

Chapmania

Post by Chapmania » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Another quick homing - brilliant positivo1.gif

Be happy Buster :smiley-gen132.gif: xx

Hazel

Post by Hazel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:59 pm

He didn't respond to Buster so now he is Reggie, a lovely happy boy, he will be going to classes soon as his lead walking is atrocious, then hopefully on to agility. Sadly he has no idea how to play or chase a ball, we will keep trying.He has kennel cough at the moment, so lots of cuddles. We love him to bits. Thankyou Lyn and Dianne.

Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:26 pm

Reggie is a great name, lovely to see him homed with Billy, who seems the perfect bro for him :0) xx

Hazel

Re: Reggie (Buster) JR Terrier DoB 10.04.14 Bexhill on Sea

Post by Hazel » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:17 am

Poor Reggie has had Kennel cough for three weeks now and is on his second lot of antibiotics, of course Billy has now caught it which is a bigger worry as he is 15 years old. So we can't start any classes for a while and only a run in the garden, the good news is that Reggie has come out of his shell and is playing now, we are trying to teach him to bring the ball to us but haven't succeeded yet.He is such a loving boy and tries to snuggle up to Billy for a sleep, he gets away with it sometimes.We can't wait for both dogs to recover so we can go to nice places with them.

Hazel

Post by Hazel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:45 pm

A nice update on Reggie.We decided the first trainer we tried was too much in favour of dominance and as Reggie's problems are anxieties he really needs reassuring. So we asked our vet for help and he recommended a bevaviourist/trainer who also happens to be a veterinary nurse. She spent the whole of Sunday afternoon with us and taught us lots of games to play with Reggie and advised us on all sorts of ways to help him. I am really happy that we found this lady as it's just what Reggie needs he is so scared of anything outside that moves and now we have found a way to hopefully gradually correct this, he is so willing to learn that I am confident things will improve.
He does get some fun when we can find an empty beach or field to give him a really long run after his ball. I am going to try to upload a photo but don't hold your breath.

Hazel

Post by Hazel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 am

One year on today and Reggie is gradually improving, his love of life is amazing, we have found a way to keep him happy and things are improving, he still doesn't like traffic but no longer lunges at it and he is ok with dogs as long as they don't invade his space, of course he still loves Billy and tries his best to cuddle up to him and also to get him to play but at sixteen Billy isn't too keen, as for us we adore Reggie and are so glad we hung on in when things were getting difficult.I didn't manage to upload a photo as I am useless at technology so you will have to take my word that Reggie is the most handsome dog you could wish to meet.

Hazel

Post by Hazel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:07 am

Here is the proof Reggie on the right Billy on the left, my lovely boys
20170704_154250_LLS.jpg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:23 am

love4.gif
Lovely to hear from you, love to your boys thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”