Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 Leeds Yorks

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 Leeds Yorks

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
pablopatt4aBE700F74-172B-41C4-B700-26A5311B333A.jpeg

Pablo's Story: Due to a relationship breakdown, Pablo was being left over his owner's 12 hour shifts, as his owner was a nurse. Pablo's owner finally had to give him up. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Pablo grew up with another Staffie cross. We rehomed his canine partner, Tia in 2012. We rehomed Pablo in 2017, however he was returned to us in 2019. Pablo needs a terrier experienced family that will be committed to exit management.

Pablo is a Patterdale cross with a wavy coat. He lived with three children (ages 16,13 and 2.5), and has lived alongside babies too. Pablo is a Patterdale and behaves like a terrier; when meeting other dogs he is excitable... especially when meeting dogs bigger dogs than himself. He liked the neighbour's dog (a Maltese), but could be a bit rough with him when playing. He will also try to chase squirrels and foxes, so is not for cats or small furries. Pablo does not like thunder and lightning. He is a very loyal dog who appears to think he is human. Apart from biting the mail that comes through the letterbox, he is not destructive with furniture or other household items. Pablo is toilet trained. He is neutered, chipped and fully vaccinated. Pablo is in boarding kennels near Guildford whilst he awaits his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
pablopatt3DSC05949.JPG
pablopatt2IMGL6650.jpg
pablopatt1IMGL6673.jpg
Pablo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Pablo came to us via his owner who was working long hours and couldn't meet his needs.
Pablo03.jpg
Pablo01.jpg
Pablo4.jpg
Pablo02.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 South London

Post by Sarahk »

Pablo is now in Gatwick kennels and we enjoyed some super time today with this precious boy who really does love a cuddle and a run after a tennis ball (but not so good at picking it up !!!) love4.gif
DSC05993.JPG
DSC05941 - Copy.JPG
Big smiles from a big softie thumbs.gif
DSC05941.JPG
DSC05996.JPG
DSC06003.JPG
DSC06004.JPG
clever boy:0)
clever boy:0)
DSC05938.JPG
DSC05948.JPG
DSC05949.JPG
DSC05961.JPG
DSC05974.JPG
DSC05979.JPG
time for a drink,  sensible lad !
time for a drink, sensible lad !
and a roll thumbs.gif
DSC05967.JPG
DSC05969.JPG
DSC05971.JPG
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Judy

Re: Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

I took the gorgeous Pablo out yesterday afternoon for the first time, he is super friendly, easy to get in and out the kennel block. He was keen to go out on his walk but is very manageable. We met one dog walker whilst out and about, Pablo wanted to say hello he was very waggy tailed but just to be on the safe side we kept our distance, I am sure he would be fine as explained he has mixed with other dogs. What a lovely fellow I am sure it won't be long until his forever home comes along. Heart fill with love.gif]
Judy

Re: Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Judy »

Pablo and I went out this afternoon with Chrissy who was walking Missie, both dogs accepted each other straight away and walked well together. We had quite a long walk going passed the local school when the children were coming out, Pablo was not at all phased by all the people passing. We did have a bit of a bark at a dog being walked by one of the mums who let the dog invade Pablo's space, Pablo's reaction was understandable but all was very soon forgotten and we continued on our walk. Whenever we stopped on a grassy verge Pablo enjoyed lying on his tummy stretched out with his legs splayed out behind him - a good way of cooling off!! Pablo is a lovely affectionate boy and I am sure it won't be long before he finds his forever home. love4.gif
Jonah

Re: Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 Chessington Ken

Post by Jonah »

Had a really nice walk today with Pablo.
He's a very nice dog indeed. Very chilled and loves snuffling and investigating and finding out what's what.
Sits for treats and takes them sooo gently. He loves a good old stroke too.
Bit of a water baby and an all round happy chap who love to run but stays connected with you.
We came across a couple of small off lead dogs and he was great with them sniff and tails wags and we move on!
He 's great!
Jonah

Post by Jonah »

Another top time with Pablo yesterday.
Cracking little dog. Loves a run esp through long grass!
Sits for treats beautifully. A very happy go lucky dog!
Got excited when he saw a couple of off lead dogs as he really wanted to go and say hello and play.
Good ol' Pablo
frankie

Post by frankie »

Well I met this little lad and was totally impressed with him ,easy to walk non puller and totally scrumptious .We had a lovely walk in the woods ,he is very alert loves to nose around . If we stopped he give a little whimper to move on .He has the most unusual coat, brindle on his back end and forehead like a staffie then longish black scruffy bits in places and a hairy tail like a terrier. He does sit but didn't want any mini sausage treats. We did meet a man with a little dog and I'm sure Pablo wanted to say hello as he gave a excited squeak .Pablo does the classic staffie frog position when he lays down . It was very busy when we got back to the kennels so we had to wait a while for the staff to come and collect him he got very vocal and was crying . I wanted to scoop him up and put him in the car and take him home really tore at my heart strings . Lovely dog xxx
frankie

Post by frankie »

Pablo and I had another lovely stroll in the woods ,he wasn't impressed when I stopped to pick some blackberries and cried to move on .He saw a horse in the field and didn't take any notice of him .Pablo did take some treats this time ,he is a very gentle boy and knows sit .He loves a cuddle or a tummy rub ,lovely lovely boy.x x
frankie

Post by frankie »

Took Pablo out again yesterday , he is such a dear gentle boy .He loves his walks .We took a different route today around the streets of Chessington.He wasn't bothered by traffic or passing cyclist .We saw a lady and her little girl Pablo stopped and watched them whimpering quietly.Pablo lived with children so was he missing them .We sat on a bench to watch the world go by ,he lay his head in my lap and stole my heart.
We met a man with his 9 week old collie -doodle puppy Pablo was gentle shared his treats with him and they sat side by side as I gave them some .
I did take photos but I have put them on our Facebook page as couldn't up load from my I phone.
Pablo is a darling xxxxx
Nurse Flo

Re: Pablo Patterdale x Staffie DofB 11.11.11 Guildford Ken

Post by Nurse Flo »

We were Pablo's chauffeurs today when we drove him to Guildford from Gatwick to gain more fans while he waits for his forever family to find him.

He looked a worried little chap in his kennel but soon perked up when SarahK kindly took him on a whizz around the block to settle him for the journey.

Despite not knowing us, the trusting little soul jumped into the back of our car and settled nicely into the crate for his trip.

The journey back to Guildford was took an age with it being a Friday afternoon but Pablo was a great traveller. Not a peep from him for the entire 1hour 40min trip only getting figety in the last 10 mins or so.

Happily met the kennel staff on arrival at Guilford and sauntered off, tail wagging into his new kennel.

A dear little chap who I hope makes lots of new friends with the Guildford Gang.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”