Big Bruce Staffie DofB 2010 - February 2021

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Jojo18

Re: Big Bruce Staffie DofB 2010 Guildford Kenns

Post by Jojo18 »

It's your time Bruce....Show how much you love humans with those deep soulful eyes
Everything crossed ....xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I don't dare to celebrate. Fingers crossed xx
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Let this be your Brucey bonus !! Show them your true gorgeous self xx
JacquiC

Post by JacquiC »

Good luck darling boy – we are all keeping our fingers crossed for you as you so deserve your cosy, forever home and a family to love you as much as you will love them (we know that will be with all your heart). Your friend and neighbour Tansy – who came home with us on Saturday – wishes you so much luck. We'll all be thinking of you and sending you our love, special boy!!
love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Nurse Flo

Post by Nurse Flo »

42144F0B-A299-46A5-AE2E-3A9002AB858F.jpeg
76B03393-B72F-4668-8C86-DEA4D9DAE07C.jpeg
Well, the volunteers at Guildford including myself have barely been able to breathe since word got out that our Bruce might just be heading home.......
Today dawned grey and wet but nothing could dampen the excitement at Guildford as we welcomed Ian and Nicky to meet Bruce.

Ian and Nicky had read every page of Bruce’s story on the forum and had come forward specifically for him wanting to give a home to an older Staffie.
We had a walk in the pouring rain where Ian and Nicky heard Mel and myself gush about Bruce. They heard about how special Bruce is, how Bruce is our “go to” dog - go to if you need cuddles & go to if any of our nervous/frantic/reactive dogs needed a calming walking companion. They also saw Bruce’s impeccable manners when walking close to many other dogs.

I don’t think I took one breath while after the walk I gave Ian and Nicky some time to decide.......and then promptly burst into tears when the answer was YES!
They know that the journey ahead may be bumpy as Bruce has never known home comforts in all of his 8 years but they assure us that they will give him time.

So that’s it, ONE OF THE MOST SPECIAL HOMINGS I HAVE EVER BEEN HONOURED TO BE INVOLVED WITH, our Bruce has gone HOME (which incidentally has a 1 acre garden!)
Ian and Nicky were surrounded by blubbing volunteers just before they left so I think that they know what this means to us but just to say again - Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Bruce my love, you will be so sorely missed but we have all waited for this day for so long.

Apologies for such poor quality photos but I think that my hands were shaking!
MandaTK

Re: Big Bruce Staffie DofB 2010 East Grinstead

Post by MandaTK »

I have been waiting for the pics. Oh I am so so over the moon and joining all the volunteers who are currently in tears (even though I am at my desk at work - they are getting used to it!!). Such a special homing for BB. Thank you Nicky and Ian. Hopefully we can see pics of Bruce in his home settling down on a sofa. This truly is the best. I am sure everyone is cheering. Be happy you beautiful boy what a pleasure to know you. xxxxxxxxxx love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
Jojo18

Post by Jojo18 »

I'm in tears reading your lovely Homing meet Faith .
Bruce is so special and has touched every walker that ever met him with those sad soulful eyes .
Thankyou Nicky and Ian this means the world to those who've met Bruce .
Be happy sweet Boy we will Miss you xx
JenG

Post by JenG »

:smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: WONDERFUL!!! Just so happy to hear this great news....... any homing is special, BUT when it comes with a back story like Bruce's its even more so! Good luck to you all..... hope to hear about Bruce's adventures!
Broomstick

Post by Broomstick »

A very emotional day for all involved, we dared not hope, but Bruce was his usual wonderful self and Nicky and Ian saw for themselves what a truly fab dog he is. Yes we all cried tears of complete joy and his face as he was driven away, cuddled up to his new mum is one I will not forget any time soon. Bruce be happy in your new home I am sure it will have been worth the wait. :smiley-dance017.gif: 0002.gif] :smiley-dance017.gif: :dog_running-186.gif: [0128.gif] :dog_running-186.gif: love4.gif blob6.gif] blob6.gif] :havefun.gif: :havefun.gif: :havefun.gif:
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh B.B. I’m at work quietly crying reading this news. Faith a wonderful homing write up, thanks for capturing the moment for us who couldn’t be there .
Be happy all of you. Thank you to you for giving BB a chance for a happy life xxx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”